Page 168 of 201 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3009

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    But not in the actual WW book.
    Give it time, the way Sov is walking on eggshells where Circe is concerned + King saying he loves Circe as a villain signals to me that she will likely be the focus of her own arc against Wonder Woman. Besides, a good showing is a good showing. She was a villain, she was powerful, she kicked ass.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If you told me three months ago there would be two comics where Wonder Woman fights a New God and it's the one with Grail that's better than the one with the OG Jack Kirby creation, I would tell you to go check into rehab.

Basically sums us "How Diana is in her book" vs "How Diana is when not in her book"
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Her fight with Barda wasnt bad. Not to mention that Barda is a more proficient fighter than Grail.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-23-2024 at 03:38 PM.

She won the fight with Barda though...?

It's the context of the fight that's the issue

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It's the context of the fight that's the issue
    Oh, the stuff with Barda was totally contrived, I just don't think it was a terrible showing by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Give it time, the way Sov is walking on eggshells where Circe is concerned + King saying he loves Circe as a villain signals to me that she will likely be the focus of her own arc against Wonder Woman. Besides, a good showing is a good showing. She was a villain, she was powerful, she kicked ass.
    Maybe, but he also said that Sov is supposed to be her Lex/Joker, which is not very reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She won the fight with Barda though...?
    She defeated Barda. She essentially had a draw with Grail, but after having a monument dropped on her prior, that's a moral victory as Grail is down and Diana is unconscious on top of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    She defeated Barda. She essentially had a draw with Grail, but after having a monument dropped on her prior, that's a moral victory as Grail is down and Diana is unconscious on top of her.
    But is Diana actually down? This all seemed plan by the Wonder family as we see Donna grab Steel during the action.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    But is Diana actually down? This all seemed plan by the Wonder family as we see Donna grab Steel during the action.
    I don’t think she’s feigning being unconscious, I think she knowingly walked into a trap in the hopes that she can find out who is manipulating the events of the run. As of right now she still has no clue that Sov even exists (or at least hasn’t given any indication that she does). The Wonder Girls staying back is likely because they’re tasked with breaking her free after she’s been taken prisoner, hence why Steel is grabbed. He can tell them where she is being taken afterwards and while Sov is distracted trying to break Diana, they can take the fight to him and expose him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Cheetah has never been and never will be on equal ground as Diana in a one-on-one confrontation. Attempts to continually elevate her never do much. In fact, I'd say she was probably Diana's best villain when she didn't even have powers -- was just a psychopath in the Golden Age. Writers should play up her wits, not her powers, if she is to remain a major WW opponent.

Oh, looking back, I see you were talking about Circe not Cheetah. Well, my thoughts on Cheetah still apply and can apply to Circe as well. Circe already has enough raw power to be a threat. I don't really see much reason for her to remain a WW villain, but if she does -- then she's got to use cunning and not expect to beat Diana one-on-one.
    Why shouldn't Circe be a Wonder Woman villain?

I don’t think she’s feigning being unconscious, I think she knowingly walked into a trap in the hopes that she can find out who is manipulating the events of the run. As of right now she still has no clue that Sov even exists (or at least hasn’t given any indication that she does). The Wonder Girls staying back is likely because they’re tasked with breaking her free after she’s been taken prisoner, hence why Steel is grabbed. He can tell them where she is being taken afterwards and while Sov is distracted trying to break Diana, they can take the fight to him and expose him.
    Reading the last page it says “As she was done. And she was ours. “As she took one more step towards our inescapable debasement”“Or so she had us believe, the clever girl.” “Dear god what a fool we were”
    Last edited by MarquisAsh; 02-24-2024 at 12:04 AM.

The thought of Diana choosing to pretend pass-out on Grails boobs is funny so I’m sticking with that version until proven otherwise.

Fantastic Member

Amazons sales list apparently ranks the books hourly. So in the past hour more people bought her book than did those other ones, but it doesn’t necessarily mean she’s outsold them overall. Frustrates the hell out of me, I miss Comixology where they ranked the books by week. Made it a lot clearer what’s selling and what isn’t.
    Yeah I know, but I it outsold it for most of Wednesday and start of Thursday I checked multiple times. But still good to have that information in the thread so other people know.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Cheetah has never been and never will be on equal ground as Diana in a one-on-one confrontation. Attempts to continually elevate her never do much. In fact, I'd say she was probably Diana's best villain when she didn't even have powers -- was just a psychopath in the Golden Age. Writers should play up her wits, not her powers, if she is to remain a major WW opponent.

Oh, looking back, I see you were talking about Circe not Cheetah. Well, my thoughts on Cheetah still apply and can apply to Circe as well. Circe already has enough raw power to be a threat. I don't really see much reason for her to remain a WW villain, but if she does -- then she's got to use cunning and not expect to beat Diana one-on-one.

That is only due to bad writing. They have given her enough strength and speed to trade blows with WW and Superman in multiple appearances, she does not need to be as strong as WW. Just strong enough to be able to put up a fight, and combine that with her speed, healing factor and her magic claws and fangs. The only thing needed is they stopped using Cheetah as a jobber for batman characers. Nobody that can take hits from WW should be seen sruggling with catwoman or batman in a physical fight.