Page 188 of 201 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wasn't she in 4 issues of the Steve Orlando arc where Diana fought Devastation and Genocide?
    She was, but that arc was kind of a mess. As someone whose only read Wonder Woman comics and not Teen Titans stuff, I don't know anything about Donna Troy. I don't really consider her to be a Wonder Woman character tbh
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Recent years have been the most Donnas ever shown up in Wonder Woman for sure.
    Like, I know Donna has her fans, especially on CBR. But shes so tangential to Wonder Woman that she was created for Teen Titans and didn't even show up in the Wonder Woman book until well after her creation, and even then only during the 'Wolfman' era of Teen Titans.

Im open to her showing up in more Wonder Woman, but its certainly a relationship that badly needs to be explored more as typically, Superman and Batman pop up more often in Wonder Womans book than Donna does.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Like, I know Donna has her fans, especially on CBR. But shes so tangential to Wonder Woman that she was created for Teen Titans and didn't even show up in the Wonder Woman book until well after her creation, and even then only during the 'Wolfman' era of Teen Titans.

Im open to her showing up in more Wonder Woman, but its certainly a relationship that badly needs to be explored more as typically, Superman and Batman pop up more often in Wonder Womans book than Donna does.
    Sort of kind of correct. Donna actually did appear in two issues of Wonder Woman before New Teen Titans debuted in November 1980. Granted it was the same year just a few months earlier in Wonder Woman 265 and 266 in March and April, 1980 respectively. Donna's appearance was also not part of the main story, but a two issue back up tale written by E. Nelson Bridwell and drawn by Ric Estrada in a story titles "Mr. Jupiter is Dead" and "The Perfect Crime."

868485.jpg large-3907800.jpg
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    She was, but that arc was kind of a mess. As someone whose only read Wonder Woman comics and not Teen Titans stuff, I don't know anything about Donna Troy. I don't really consider her to be a Wonder Woman character tbh
    Same, honestly. Only runs she appeared in from her creation up to the New 52 where she was an actually important player was Jimenez and Simone. Same probably applies for Cassie since it seems the most anything people can think to do with her is date a Super or Bat character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post

I agree with you. I think they need to do a Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl brave and the bold to cement her time as Wonder Woman side kick when she was wonder girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Same, honestly. Only runs she appeared in from her creation up to the New 52 where she was an actually important player was Jimenez and Simone. Same probably applies for Cassie since it seems the most anything people can think to do with her is date a Super or Bat character.
    Jimenez used her amazingly though.

And Cassie was also sued really well in OG YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Why do you think it was a mess? It wasn't my favorite story, but I didn't think it had any notable problems

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I agree with you. I think they need to do a Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl brave and the bold to cement her time as Wonder Woman side kick when she was wonder girl.
    I think it is okay that, unlike Batman or Superman, WW doesn't have kid sidekicks nor was going on an adventures herself as a Wonder Girl.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Granted Connor Kent was never a traditional sidekick for Superman, but they do have a dynamic. Though Connor's first appearances was in the Superman comics.

With the Wonder Girls the answer is just have them consistently interact with Diana. Define and develop the rapport, have adventures in the WW comic with them as supporting players. The more you use them the more the dynamic will develop.

Of course an adaptation would really help with this. It be a good instance of the adaptation influencing the source material.

Wonder Woman has had terrible luck with sidekicks.
    Marston gave her Etta and Steve, only for Kanigher to Shelf Etta entirely, and Steve to be made into a borderline antagonist with that terrible writing.
    Donna was created for Teen Titans because there were no female sidekicks in comics of the era (and it is still SUPER UNCOMMON.) and due to this Wonder Womans writers need special editorial permissions to even use her.
    Cassie was actually created to be Dianas sidekick, but gets passed off to Artemis to be trained by her, she joins Young Justice to round out that junior superteam, and eventually winds up somehow becoming Donnas sidekick.

And then recently we got Yara whose status is such a wierd question mark im not even sure how to count her.
    And Seigfried who tragically does not show up near often enough.

Shes had occasional team ups with with the like

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Sort of kind of correct. Donna actually did appear in two issues of Wonder Woman before New Teen Titans debuted in November 1980. Granted it was the same year just a few months earlier in Wonder Woman 265 and 266 in March and April, 1980 respectively. Donna's appearance was also not part of the main story, but a two issue back up tale written by E. Nelson Bridwell and drawn by Ric Estrada in a story titles "Mr. Jupiter is Dead" and "The Perfect Crime."
    It's crazy that it took so long for that to happen since back-up tales were huge in the early 1970s. I had left DC for Marvel at this time, but may have paged through these issues at the newstand -- being that I was a big Wonder Girl fan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I still see Donna as part of the WW fam and will never accept her not being part of it. DC should (never will) push her more being part of the fam and give us some stories of them working together when she was younger.

Thats why an animated show or tv show could do WONDERS for the Wonder sidekicks if they were actually used.

Wasn't she in 4 issues of the Steve Orlando arc where Diana fought Devastation and Genocide?
    yes, now i see it in my mind.

Why do you think it was a mess? It wasn't my favorite story, but I didn't think it had any notable problems
    It just felt very concentrated to me, compact. It's only four issues with four villains. Not a bad story line by any means, especially when compared to the rest of Vol 5.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jimenez used her amazingly though.

And Cassie was also sued really well in OG YJ.
    I don't disagree but I don't care about the Titans or YJ and if DC can't make the effort to actually make them important to WW, why should I care?

I consider Donna Troy to be a part of the Wonder Fam and the lack of development between her and Diana is more due to DC putting the WG's in a position where they are either Titans characters or WW characters.

Cassie was created in the WW books but the second they started using her in YJ and later Teen Titans, she started being used less on WW books. I recall Rucka saying he had plans for Cassie in his WW run but that got under cut because she was in the Titans book. Donna got the same policy applied to her. Even on YJ cartoon, they were quick to ship Cassie with one of the Bat Kids and develop her relationship with other side kicks instead of with Diana.

The interactions between Diana and Donna are few but I like what we got. Same goes for Cassie. We are getting more and more interactions between Diana and the WG's and I hope that continues to increase in the future.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly