Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3010

I really don't mind the Trinity back-ups. I mean, at this point of history we've had more Trinity issues than Artemis or any of the wonder girl issues. Like I said in other previous ocassions, I mind more about Wonder Woman and wonderfamily members not appearing on other series, which is what SHOULD HAPPEN.

Anyways, i see the back-ups themselves as pretty inofensive, not occupying plot pages (which are more or less fixed since 770) and just adding a counterpoint of fun to the more serious plot. Would want the wonder girls showing up there? (alltho it would reveal plot details) Yes. Do the supersons stories exclude something else? Probably not since mainstream readers wouldn't buy this series if DC put any other author than Tom King doing the back-ups (and you're not going to get Taylor/Snyder/other stars to do just back-ups)

Also, I think King writes Supersons better than Tomasi, which is nice.
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-24-2024 at 11:24 AM.

The Trinity stuff feels like cute fluff totally disconnected from the Wonder Woman mythos because it's mostly centered around her and Jon/Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Trinity stuff feels like cute fluff totally disconnected from the Wonder Woman mythos because it's mostly centered around her and Jon/Damian.
    Can't have a lot of wondercharacters around cos with just 3 pages not telling spoilers from the run gets kinda risky. We still don't know much about how was Trinity born and how much is Diana hiding her origins, or why...

And kind of the same issue goes for the wondergirls, mostly if King has decided to add them to the narrative. Meanwhile, Super sons are disconnected from the story. Perhaps Im coping hard, but I dont see a lot of alternatives for these back-ups that dont compromise the plot.

Again, these are back-ups. If they are good, ok, if they are bad, I dont care. Were still getting our daily wondy dosis.
    Last edited by Garrac; 04-24-2024 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Can't have a lot of wondercharacters around cos with just 3 pages not telling spoilers from the run gets kinda risky. We still don't know much about how was Trinity born and how much is Diana hiding her origins, or why...

And kind of the same issue goes for the wondergirls, mostly if King has decided to add them to the narrative. Meanwhile, Super sons are disconnected from the story. Perhaps In coping hard, but I dont see a lot of alternatives for these back-ups that dont compromise the plot.

Again, these are back-ups. If they are good, ok, if they are bad, I dont care. Were still getting our daily wondy dosis.
    I don't think it would be that hard to have her more involved with Amazons or other WW characters without having to reference the present-day plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it would be that hard to have her more involved with Amazons or other WW characters without having to reference the present-day plot.
    If you have, for example a Wonder Girls appearing, without even saying anything, you're already revealing she's not going to die, for example. If Diana appears, in a few phrases her relationship with Trinity would reveal her nature. If you have one of the villains, you're revealing if they redeem themselves or not. And so on and on and on.

The other alternatives I can think off its if King left Trinity, but he already explained why he's doing It and Im ok with It. This is TOM KING, one of the few comic book stars and big-sellers still left, he reaaaaaally doesnt need the money a Wonder Woman OC, of all OCs, could bring in.

Personally I think alot of these Trinity stories were planned in advance back when this was originally 'the Supersons babysit the child of Mister Miracle and Big Barda'
    Aside from the Contest repeat and the bit with the Kangas to establish a team name, every Trinity story takes place at either Gotham or the Fortress of Solitude. Uses elements wherin Jon and Damien are vital to the narrative sure, but in such a way that the child their babysitting could be pretty much anyones without batting an eye.

A major part of the backups is the way Jon and Damien bounce off one another, so id not be to surprised if hes been looking forward to this babysitting dynamic

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Personally I think alot of these Trinity stories were planned in advance back when this was originally 'the Supersons babysit the child of Mister Miracle and Big Barda'
    Aside from the Contest repeat and the bit with the Kangas to establish a team name, every Trinity story takes place at either Gotham or the Fortress of Solitude. Uses elements wherin Jon and Damien are vital to the narrative sure, but in such a way that the child their babysitting could be pretty much anyones without batting an eye.

A major part of the backups is the way Jon and Damien bounce off one another, so id not be to surprised if hes been looking forward to this babysitting dynamic
    I've seen a lot of people say he wanted to write a super sons story but got stuck with wonder woman and found a way to include it anyway
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I've seen a lot of people say he wanted to write a super sons story but got stuck with wonder woman and found a way to include it anyway
    Perhaps he had the Supersons planned on advance, but Wonder Woman was totally something he volunteered. Dude didnt write an ongoing for like 4 years and was happy doing maxiseries of 12 issues. Again, this is TOM KING, he's one of the very few authors that you cant force into doing anything.

My assumption is he is one of those writers who plans out scenes and jots them down to reuse later. Hes said in the past that this thing with the Supersons was planned but with a child of Miracle and Barda. So id not be to surprised if he had some story ideas for that lying around before repurposing them.

That Black Widow introduction scene in Avengers was something the movies writer had pre written years in advance. Just changed some names and repurposed it for the film to give an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post

Who is Marston?

Lizzie Marston Prince's name suggests Diana Prince, Lizzie's mother, marries a fellow named 'Marston', at some point. Why? Marston is either Lizzie's given middle name, possibly her biological father's name...or another name for Col. Steve Trevor, ..Lizzie's adoptive father and Diana's future husband, possibly.

Is 'Marston' also the name of the Sovereign? Wonder Woman #1 suggests the name of the Sovereign and his family (ancestors, etc) could be important in the story, going forward. On one hand, we possibly have a man, Lizzie's father, without a name; on the other we have a name, without a man.

ww_sovereignlassoliesissu1.jpg
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-29-2024 at 02:24 AM. Reason: graphic
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!