Page 123 of 201 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3009

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we get some cool villains soon.
    Yeah hoping the US throws some real hitter in soon.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Yeah hoping the US throws some real hitter in soon.
    Tom King is not very good at writing action scenes, so I have a fear that generic soldiers, tanks and planes are the best we are going to see.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Tom King is not very good at writing action scenes, so I have a fear that generic soldiers, tanks and planes are the best we are going to see.
    Ehhhhhh he writes some good action scenes.

Plus he also has plenty of flashy villains involved in the ongoings he writes. Batman's Jokes and Riddles arc featured a villain war where plenty of guys show up, including a whole moment where Deadshot and Deathstroke face off.

We'll prolly get some villains in here soon.

Yeah, don't think there's much more King can do with throwing real-life armies at Diana. I imagine we'll see more of that next issue but hope we see some actual villains by #4.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Maybe Sarge Steel will get Amanda Waller to put together a special Suicide Squad to help him take down Diana. It would be fun if the group consisted of:

Hypnotic Woman
    Giganta
    Human Fireworks
    Blue Snowman
    Kung
    Armegeddon
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ehhhhhh he writes some good action scenes.

Plus he also has plenty of flashy villains involved in the ongoings he writes. Batman's Jokes and Riddles arc featured a villain war where plenty of guys show up, including a whole moment where Deadshot and Deathstroke face off.

We'll prolly get some villains in here soon.
    I don't know, I have never seen him write one.

Like he made a Mr. Miracle miniseries with no good escape sequence when his entire deal is pulling off impossible escapes.
    Last edited by Laser_Man; 11-11-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I don't know, I have never seen him write one.

Like he made a Mr. Miracle miniseries with no good escape sequence when his entire deal is pulling off impossible escapes.
    I mean that book was pretty well choreographed on a general level anyway.

King is one of the writers who is generally a good collaborator, so him and the artist generally can conjure some pretty great visual spectacle. Noticed it with Omega Men, Miracle, Supergirl, Rorschach, and his Batman has plenty of cool moments.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I mean that book was pretty well choreographed on a general level anyway.

King is one of the writers who is generally a good collaborator, so him and the artist generally can conjure some pretty great visual spectacle. Noticed it with Omega Men, Miracle, Supergirl, Rorschach, and his Batman has plenty of cool moments.
    Fair enough, to each their own.

I personally find King's writing very joyless and dry.

Tom King can have Superman rip apart machines that aliens use to pull suns, beat the Flash in a race, and more, if he genuinely thinks Diana an equal, he'll do the same for her. I don't really need punches thrown, I need a mofo to actually display Diana's powers that isn't just bulldozing human cannon fodder.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Geez, we're only two issues in and there's already complaints that she hasn't encountered some final boss-level opponent. Gradual escalation of action is an important concept in storytelling lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Geez, we're only two issues in and there's already complaints that she hasn't encountered some final boss-level opponent. Gradual escalation of action is an important concept in storytelling lol.
    Exactly. Also, Superman: Up in the Sky and Supergirl: WoT aren't really fair comparisons - they were both 6-issue miniseries and Superman was structured as a series of vignettes rather than one linear story with escalating stakes and tension. Supergirl had one self-contained narrative, but even there it took until the end of issue 2 to get past her fighting a few ******* pirates.

This is 2 issues into an ongoing (and he said he'd do 100 issues if they let him). For reference, Gail Simone wrote an action-packed 30some-issue run with an extremely powerful Diana and I'm pretty sure in the entire first arc she only fought a few gorillas and a troop of beefed-up Nazis. If she takes out the entire US army in issue 2, that's the baseline he's establishing before the stakes really start going up.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's the only consistent thing here nowadays. Wonder Woman game has been deemed horrible. Kings run might as well be thrown in the trash. Trinity is yhe worse WW character after 1 appearance.

The character might as well be retired all together never to be seen again

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's the only consistent thing here nowadays. Wonder Woman game has been deemed horrible. Kings run might as well be thrown in the trash. Trinity is yhe worse WW character after 1 appearance.

The character might as well be retired all together never to be seen again
    Wonder Woman's own fanbase might be more of a detriment to her than WB/DC.

And that's saying something

I said the same thing 3 pages ago lol. Some people like finding something to be mad about. I know because I'm "some people", not in this instance though.

Fantastic Member

I don't see a Batman run or a Superman run where they are just beating up mooks for 3 issues straight. But for Diana, somehow we need to contend with her beating up human soldiers and tanks.

No one asked for a final boss opponent, just something different. Even soldiers in a mech suit, or massive high tech tanks. Surely the writer can think of some challenge for her.