Page 29 of 201 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah I think he's doing it on purpose to make her body look more powerful by comparison. It's working.
    Excellent point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Don't expect to hear a honest description about Azz's run in this forum.
    Anyway. Getting back to Tom King and Daniel Sampere's run.

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...rman-universe/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've been seeing this type of thing ever since Diana killed Max. I still remember people calling Diana the bad guy for roughing up Orion in retaliation for his continued harassment of her and I say this as someone who hates the Azzarello run.
    Didn't she grab his genitals and squeeze them to threaten him? I remember it being one of the most out-of-character moments for Diana, like... ever.

Come to think of it, these guys fit the "WW vs U.S." idea perfectly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Con284quZXM/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Come to think of it, these guys fit the "WW vs U.S." idea perfectly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Con284quZXM/
    When he said "researching for a thing," I automatically assumed that they would be working for the U.S. Government to help AXE deport Amazons--which means that they'll be running up against Diana.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Don't expect to hear a honest description about Azz's run in this forum.

Wait....are you calling me and other people who have a negative opinion of Azzarello's run a liar? If so, I hope you have proof to back up your claim. About a month ago, you made a comment on how people on here suggested that you weren't a "true fan" of Wonder Woman because you liked Azzarello's run but now you're slandering the other side. I stood up for you but now I'm wondering if I just should have kept quiet.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wait....are you calling me and other people who have a negative opinion of Azzarello's run a liar? If so, I hope you have proof to back up your claim. About a month ago, you made a comment on how people on here suggested that you weren't a "true fan" of Wonder Woman because you liked Azzarello's run but now you're slandering the other side. I stood up for you but now I'm wondering if I just should have kept quiet.
    I can rather easily prove that this...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Basically as a sexist frat-boy jock pig who kept sexually harassing Diana even after she crunched his junk & threatened to castrate him. He didn't really do anything of note in the run.
    ... leaves a whole lot of what Orion actually did in the story out.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I can rather easily prove that this...

... leaves a whole lot of what Orion actually did in the story out.
    Okay. Like what?

Okay. Like what?
    Gimme a day, and I can give you an "Issue By Issue..." breakdown.

That said, that someone even comes up with "Like What..." when he saved a baby from The First Born once and then turned right around and saved that same baby from his own father?

Kinda says it all...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Gimme a day, and I can give you an "Issue By Issue..." breakdown.

That said, that someone even comes up with "Like What..." when he saved a baby from The First Born once and then turned right around and saved that same baby from his own father?

Kinda says it all...
    Great. None of this makes the claim he was an immature jackass who sexually harassed Diana inaccurate.

Great. None of this makes the claim he was an immature jackass who sexually harassed Diana inaccurate.
    Politely, that is not just "Inaccurate..."

It is straight up wrong, and that can be established based on what was actually on the page.

Like I said...

Give me a day, and I can lay it out pretty clearly issue by issue.

Know what, forget I brought it up.

Know what, forget I brought it up.
    Fair enough...

Spectacular Member

As usual, I'm late to the party! I love Sampere's art so far! What I REALLY appreciate are little touches like having the white stripe back down the front of Diana's boots instead of gold. Still not crazy about the knee guards, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I'm also happy to see the bracelets are back to being actual bracelets and not arm-length gauntlets!

Has anyone said how long this team is staying on the book? Of course, I'm sure that will all depend on sales, but I remember that when King took on the Batman title he said he had a 100 issue story mapped out, but that was back when they were publishing two issues a month. WW really needs a writer with a long-term vision and will stick around for more than 12 issues!
    Last edited by The I.A.D.C.; 03-27-2023 at 04:17 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    As usual, I'm late to the party! I love Sampere's art so far! What I REALLY appreciate are little touches like having the white stripe back down the front of Diana's boots instead of gold. Still not crazy about the knee guards, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I'm also happy to see the bracelets are back to being actual bracelets and not arm-length gauntlets!

Has anyone said how long this team is staying on the book? Of course, I'm sure that will all depend on sales, but I remember that when King took on the Batman title he said he had a 100 issue story mapped out, but that was back when they were publishing two issues a month. WW really needs a writer with a long-term vision and will stick around for more than 12 issues!
    I think the most that has been said is that they both hope to be on for a good long while. Sampere...I am all for that! King...I will reserve judgement until he has proven which well he is drawing (or rather writing) from.