Page 183 of 201 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3009

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Why is everybody so obsessed with Cassie maybe dying? This have been a talking point from before the run started despite there being nothing that points to it. Not saying it couldn't happen of course, but nothing is implying it will either.
    At this point Cassie is redundant and supposedly from reading posts around here killing off side characters is a Tom King trope. It would definitely add gravitas to the story and if Cheetah were responsible it would raise her profile and threat level.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    What would be the point though? Wouldn't she just ascend to Olympus in this case? Death means nothing in comics anymore, let alone in WW comics. We're way past the days when it would be shocking.
    It could be a major storyline for Cassie about her ascendance and/or resurrection and rebranding as a hero under a new moniker (hopefully Fury) and with a new costume.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The only problem I'd have with Cassie even remotely dying is that the impact would be VERY minimal. All of 3 characters would react and they're all on a cover together. That's how much Cassie has been pushed to the side nowadays. Same with Yara tbh.

There's been no hint in the story or even solicits of any of the Wondergirls dying. As someone who doesn't even care about the three of them, y'all are seeing things that aren't there.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If Cheetah ever kills anyone, I think it should be Steve.

He's a big enough deal that it would have impact, but the franchise could survive putting him in storage for a bit (he would inevitably come back in some iteration). And it might be a bit of a full circle moment. Steve and Barbara were the first people Diana bonded with, and at least in Rucka's run Steve was vocal about her villainy and hated Diana being made to feel responsible for Barbara's mistakes. Diana's (by this point) irrational desire to save Barbara eventually costing her Steve would add an extra layer of tragedy.

Reminds me of this idea I once had of Cheetah killing Julia Kapatelias in a NWH style scenario and it drives a deeper wedge between Diana and Vanessa.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think it's great that Cheetah is being presented as a bigger threat than Circe or Grail. Sovereign saving her for last makes a lot of sense in the grand scheme of things. I do hope that she betrays both Sovereign and Diana so that she's officially back to being a bad@SS b!tch.
    Even ignoring how much the have screwed Cheetah up and portrayed her often as absolutely pathetic over the years, how is Barbara even supposed to be a bigger threat than a divine sorceress who can literally bend or break the rules of reality, is King turning her into the Reverse-Flash or what?
    And it seems extremely optimistic to assume that King will put Cheetah above Sovereign to be honest.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Even ignoring how much the have screwed Cheetah up and portrayed her often as absolutely pathetic over the years, how is Barbara even supposed to be a bigger threat than a divine sorceress who can literally bend or break the rules of reality, is King turning her into the Reverse-Flash or what?
    And it seems extremely optimistic to assume that King will put Cheetah above Sovereign to be honest.

I think there's a few ways that King could be coming up with this determination:

1. Cheetah has a personal connection with Diana whereas Circe doesn't.

2. Cheetah has the actual power of a god.

3. A combination of the two above.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Circe being more powerful than Cheetah has never been a compelling argument on its own that she's the arch. Brainiac and Darkseid are definitely more powerful than Lex, but nobody questions Lex as the arch foe

Circe having more consistently good stories than Cheetah is the better reason.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Circe has had her share of bad stories. Remember when Batman defeated her with his rookie spell? Or how about on JLU when she was turned into dramatic Vegas performer? Or when Joker gassed & humiliated her during Morisson's JLA run? I'm not saying that Circe is a loser or D-list villain but just about every Wonder Woman adversary has a bunch of bad moments in their history.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Circe has had her share of bad stories. Remember when Batman defeated her with his rookie spell? Or how about on JLU when she was turned into dramatic Vegas performer? Or when Joker gassed & humiliated her during Morisson's JLA run? I'm not saying that Circe is a loser or D-list villain but just about every Wonder Woman adversary has a bunch of bad moments in their history.
    And Cheetah had WW84.

Don't dislike Barbara at all and don't disagree Circe has her fair share of lame moments but find it silly when the only way some try to build up Cheetah is by tearing down others.

Circe has had her share of bad stories. Remember when Batman defeated her with his rookie spell? Or how about on JLU when she was turned into dramatic Vegas performer?
    Hey, not too much on mother now. That episode was pure camp and made me fall in love with the character of Circe. She trolled the whole Justice League, had fun doing it, and walked away scot-free in the end. That was powerful.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-17-2024 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If Cheetah ever kills anyone, I think it should be Steve.

He's a big enough deal that it would have impact, but the franchise could survive putting him in storage for a bit (he would inevitably come back in some iteration). And it might be a bit of a full circle moment. Steve and Barbara were the first people Diana bonded with, and at least in Rucka's run Steve was vocal about her villainy and hated Diana being made to feel responsible for Barbara's mistakes. Diana's (by this point) irrational desire to save Barbara eventually costing her Steve would add an extra layer of tragedy.
    I don't think Steve's position in the franchise has been solidified enough for it to be a good idea for him to bite it at this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Hey, not too much on mother now. That episode was pure camp and made me fall in love with the character of Circe. She trolled the whole Justice League, had fun doing it, and walked away scot-free in the end. That was powerful.
    It was still a weird choice for one of Wonder Woman's biggest villains to be beaten by Batman while WW herself plays damsel in distress.

Then again this is the universe where Cheetah has no meaningful interaction with Diana. She is just a lackey for bigger scope villains and her most memorable role was getting seduced by Batman. Plus Giganta was just Gorilla Grodd's girlfriend.

DCAU writers were never particularly interested in Wonder Woman and her mythos, and her female villiains fared the worst because, well, it was DCAU.

Fantastic Member

Cheetah has also been defeated in one punch by Batman. And in DCAU, she was just a lackey who was there to be seduced by Batman.

Writers generally don't treat WW villains with any respect.