Page 30 of 200 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, that is not just "Inaccurate..."

It is straight up wrong, and that can be established based on what was actually on the page.

Like I said...

Give me a day, and I can lay it out pretty clearly issue by issue.

Nothing I said was false. Orion did in fact do those things. His role in the run wasn't really significant beyond that. So he saved the baby twice. Considering how many issues were devoted to chase & save the baby by him and every other do-gooder or middle of the road characters in that run, those feats were watered down by the significance of his overbearing sexual harassment of Diana, even after she threatened to castrate him. He was one of the poster-children of toxic masculinity from this run and as a long-time fan of Orion, I'm embarrassed for him. He deserved better than to be made into a hot dumpster fire of a man-pig.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ah yes, the thread about Tom King's WW run. Definitely where I come to

*checks notes*

rehash the 10,684,890,859 Azzarello run argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Nothing I said was false. Orion did in fact do those things. His role in the run wasn't really significant beyond that. So he saved the baby twice. Considering how many issues were devoted to chase & save the baby by him and every other do-gooder or middle of the road characters in that run, those feats were watered down by the significance of his overbearing sexual harassment of Diana, even after she threatened to castrate him. He was one of the poster-children of toxic masculinity from this run and as a long-time fan of Orion, I'm embarrassed for him. He deserved better than to be made into a hot dumpster fire of a man-pig.
    Politely...

That is a objectively incorrect, and it can be proven rather easily with an issue by issue breakdown that would take me a day(maybe...)

Past that, there's that you left a lot out for someone who just asked a "Just The Facts, Ma'am..." question about the run in question.

So, yeah. What was said was false. Orion did things of note in that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Ah yes, the thread about Tom King's WW run. Definitely where I come to

*checks notes*

rehash the 10,684,890,859 Azzarello run argument.

Fair point. Perhaps one of the moderators could sticky an Azzarello thread since the discussions about it seem to arise every few weeks.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely...

That is a objectively incorrect, and it can be proven rather easily with an issue by issue breakdown that would take me a day(maybe...)

Past that, there's that you left a lot out for someone who just asked a "Just The Facts, Ma'am..." question about the run in question.

So, yeah. What was said was false. Orion did things of note in that run.

I'm going to agree to disagree on this as I don't want to derail this thread even further that we already have. As passionate as you & I are about our differing views of this run, it's irritating other posters as this isn't the thread for an ongoing discussion on this topic so I'm done unless you want to start up a brand new thread to discuss this. Peace.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

On an unrelated but funny note, Bekka of the New Gods was an alternate Wonder Woman in the Justice League: Gods and Monsters and almost married Orion before Highfather pulled a Red Wedding during their wedding. She has a sword there too but said sword also has a Mother Box in it so it can cut open portals.

Fun movie, featured a Mexican Superman who is the son of Zodd, and Kirk Langstrom as a vampire Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    As usual, I'm late to the party! I love Sampere's art so far! What I REALLY appreciate are little touches like having the white stripe back down the front of Diana's boots instead of gold. Still not crazy about the knee guards, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I'm also happy to see the bracelets are back to being actual bracelets and not arm-length gauntlets!

Has anyone said how long this team is staying on the book? Of course, I'm sure that will all depend on sales, but I remember that when King took on the Batman title he said he had a 100 issue story mapped out, but that was back when they were publishing two issues a month. WW really needs a writer with a long-term vision and will stick around for more than 12 issues!
    These days it seems like 50 issues is the max for monthlies. I think 30 issues for both is feasible if people like what King & Sampere are doing (and Sampere doesn’t get poached for Batman).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    On an unrelated but funny note, Bekka of the New Gods was an alternate Wonder Woman in the Justice League: Gods and Monsters and almost married Orion before Highfather pulled a Red Wedding during their wedding. She has a sword there too but said sword also has a Mother Box in it so it can cut open portals.

Fun movie, featured a Mexican Superman who is the son of Zodd, and Kirk Langstrom as a vampire Batman.
    Bekka was a very...Bruce Timm Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bekka was a very...Bruce Timm Wonder Woman.
    You can say "not good", Frontier.

One thing I know is Tom will deliver the action for sure! He’s going to have Diana in true bad bitch mode and I am here for it. The only thing concerns me is a full recon/soft reboot. I’m over it….let’s be consistent and don’t have worry about her abilities. I’m not ready for the “Can she fly” question..

Oh she better fly.

Lack of flight is a deal breaker among others, but I'm prepared to be lenient.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 03-27-2023 at 09:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Tom King does know how to go hard. Like I read a lot of his books and his action scenes across various writers are consistently intense.

Even in the latter portions of his Batman run you can't say it wasn't eventful. You can't beat Bane kicking the asses of various rogues through Arkham Asylum which leads to him getting into a knock down dragged out brawl with Batman that ends in him head-butting him yelling "I AM BATMAN!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    These days it seems like 50 issues is the max for monthlies. I think 30 issues for both is feasible if people like what King & Sampere are doing (and Sampere doesn’t get poached for Batman).
    I mean, I can't think of another example of colored and inked preview pages being shown for an issue that's over 6 months away. Sampere is working with a huge buffer so I highly doubt this is gonna be another 12-issue deal. Also both he and Tom King have said multiple times "this is an ongoing, we're not going anywhere, and we have big plans" - could be lip service, of course, but their enthusiasm for the project seems very genuine and infectious.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    One thing I know is Tom will deliver the action for sure! He’s going to have Diana in true bad bitch mode and I am here for it. The only thing concerns me is a full recon/soft reboot. I’m over it….let’s be consistent and don’t have worry about her abilities. I’m not ready for the “Can she fly” question..
    It's not a reboot at all, it's just a relaunch. Same thing that happened to Superman last month. I can see them doing away with members of her supporting cast (for better or worse...) but I don't see why or how they'd remove one of her base powers.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I mean, I can't think of another example of colored and inked preview pages being shown for an issue that's over 6 months away. Sampere is working with a huge buffer so I highly doubt this is gonna be another 12-issue deal. Also both he and Tom King have said multiple times "this is an ongoing, we're not going anywhere, and we have big plans" - could be lip service, of course, but their enthusiasm for the project seems very genuine and infectious.

It's not a reboot at all, it's just a relaunch. Same thing that happened to Superman last month. I can see them doing away with members of her supporting cast (for better or worse...) but I don't see why or how they'd remove one of her base powers.
    You mean, like in her first animated movie?

Or in the new 52 under Azz where she didn't get this 'base' power until issue 11 or 12?

Or in the DCEU where she didn't fly until her 3nd solo movie which was her 4th appearance in the universe?

Or in her anthology series like Sensation or Agent of Peace where it is up to the whim of the writer to even include this base power?

Or how about the DC Superhero girls, where besides Batgirl, I think she was the only who couldn't fly?

These are the ones I could think right off the top of my head.

So...yes, I can certainly see them doing away with one of her 'base' powers since they have been so consistent with them in the past (sarcasm intended).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They tried to murder her in cold blood! She’s within her right to not be gentle in return. I’m sure King will provide more legit reasons to be upset soon enough, but I don’t feel bad at all about Diana not handling these guys with kid gloves. Long as she’s not killing them.
    I mean, Tom King wrote Batman wanting to make Bane a paraplegic because that was worse punishment than killing him.

So, "killing" wouldn't be the line I'm worried Tom King cross.