Page 24 of 197 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    This is when I wished we had more than one title. More page space to have multiple storylines. I like when they mix the gods with Diana’s other supervillains. That they sometimes interact and affect one another… not all the times, but sometimes.

I’m dreaming up a storyline where a god is trying to mess with Diana or another character and Hippolyta steps in on the Godsphere plane.
    Very true. This would be an excellent set up for a feature in a Sensation Comics!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Very true. This would be an excellent set up for a feature in a Sensation Comics!
    Hey if Bats and Supes can have DecTec and AC, its only fitting for Wonder to get her own satellite title too.

They really should revive that book for her.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm still surprised they havent at least attempted it. I'm guessing they likely dont like the name on top of it being another WW title.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like “no sword, all lasso” and that she’s a rebel against the status quo commentary. He’s picking up on some aspects of Wonder Woman I’d really like to see explored in the DCU that we haven’t seen from the character in a while. Hopefully he can stick the landing doing that and integrating it with Steve and Etta, superhero action and adventure, romance, some soap operatics and supervillain shenanigans.

That round table interview was fun. Nice to hear all the creators enjoying working together and vibing on the work. Some good things could come from that and make things grander than any one person can do alone.

I’m optimistic. We’ll see what happens. ::crosses fingers::
    It surprises me that we haven't seen more of the rebel against staus quo thing. I recall reading an interview where (I believe it was) DiDio stated that WW was the activist of the Trinity; Supes the Firefighter; and Bats the Cop. I have been trying to find the periodical it was in and believe it was just before the Countdown/Infinite Crisis stuff.

Hopefully King will deliver this in a positive way and it won't end up just being a quote like before

The problem is that as much sense that it makes for Wonder Woman to be the so-called activist of the Trinity, you know, you JUST know that conservatives on the internet will lose their mind and start calling her Woke Woman, SJWonder Woman or some other idiotic moniker to undemine her role.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    The problem is that as much sense that it makes for Wonder Woman to be the so-called activist of the Trinity, you know, you JUST know that conservatives on the internet will lose their mind and start calling her Woke Woman, SJWonder Woman or some other idiotic moniker to undemine her role.
    Those people won't ever support WW. So they need to forget abput them. And focus on creating good stories that dop the character's message and themes justice.

Mighty Member

Even better, Wonder Woman always should be written in a way that these kinds of people would lose their mind.

Conservatives aren't the target audience for Wonder Woman, never were and never will be.

Extraordinary Member

Follow along to DC Comics' Dawn of DC panel from Wondercon
    "I'm stressed" Tom King responds to Chen's question about if he's okay-- due to the amount of books King is currently writing. But the stress doesn't have him down. He mentions that he is excited that this is a full room on a Friday, and comments that this moment "is a DC renaissance."

About gearing up to write Wonder Woman, Tom King says about the character, "From day one... she was a rebel, she was against the status quo." For King, it is that fact that Wonder Woman is different that sets her up to change the world.

"She fights back, she's badass, but she's also a cool princess," King continues. And chiming into the forever debate about Wonder Woman and whether or not she should wield a sword, King adds (about his version of Diana) "No more sword, I want her to have a lasso."

We're being shown some interior art from the upcoming Wonder Woman series.

Wonder Woman #1 Art By Daniel Sampere

https://twitter.com/DCWonderWoman/st...74036890447872

Last edited by Hypo; 03-24-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Gorgeous art! Well that lasso comment should bode well for both the comics and DCU WW.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

OMG that art is spectacular. Looks like she’s in great hands.
    Last edited by billee0918; 03-24-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Since Nubia is queen, King would need to go out of his way to not have her appear.
    But I do hope she gets a big role and that the rest of the wonder family is also present.

Extraordinary Member

Can't remember if we've seen this page on the left before or not:

https://twitter.com/Thomas_Dreyfuss/...72820248662017

Looks good. It's nice to see the lasso have more personality again and Diana looks fierce.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's weird to see WW have such high profile art again in her main book. Definitely brings a different feel