Page 124 of 201 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3009
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's the only consistent thing here nowadays. Wonder Woman game has been deemed horrible. Kings run might as well be thrown in the trash. Trinity is yhe worse WW character after 1 appearance.

The character might as well be retired all together never to be seen again
    With the track record, can you blame the people?

Wonder Woman has had like 3 or 4 good comic runs in the entire history of the character, 1 decent & 1 horrible live action movie, mostly terrible depictions in animation and 1 famous TV show nearly 50 years ago.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post

Wonder Woman has had like 3 or 4 good comic runs in the entire history of the character, 1 decent & 1 horrible live action movie, mostly terrible depictions in animation and 1 famous TV show nearly 50 years ago.
    See that pessimism is just unhealthy as Hell.

Sure there's bad stuff, but that doesn't justify an endless "Nothing good will ever happen" mindset.

Its self-destructive and doesn't lead to anything of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    See that pessimism is just unhealthy as Hell.

Sure there's bad stuff, but that doesn't justify an endless "Nothing good will ever happen" mindset.

Its self-destructive and doesn't lead to anything of value.
    It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, you expect to not like anything, so you don't. You'll subconsciously set impossibly high standards, overlook plot details, move goal posts and generally have a negative outlook, in order to maintain the idea that Wonder Woman is great, but her book isn't.

Not sure if this was already shared but there's a short, sweet interview with Daniel Sampere up on the Comics Collective podcast.

There's nothing super new in terms of "news" but it's lovely to hear how excited he is about working on the title and his approach to drawing Diana. Thought folks would appreciate the lightness.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/68y...RcO4wrKuQ-e00A

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post

Yes because they find anything to nitpick.

Not every conversation in every topic should be doom and gloom.

I'm all about constructive criticism but give us something to actually discuss and don't find the negative in everything. "WW punched a human! She'd never do that!" "She has flaws! Omg!"

It is pretty annoying to develop genuine flaws for the character that isn't some form of "she's too perfect and carrying!"
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Not sure if this was already shared but there's a short, sweet interview with Daniel Sampere up on the Comics Collective podcast.

There's nothing super new in terms of "news" but it's lovely to hear how excited he is about working on the title and his approach to drawing Diana. Thought folks would appreciate the lightness.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/68y...RcO4wrKuQ-e00A
    Thanks for sharing! It's cool how you can see his approach so clearly in his work. There's definitely a sense that he's trying to put a goddess on the page whenever he draws Diana.

He made a really clever observation about how a lot of artists draw Diana as "a woman dressed as Wonder Woman" and fail to capture her presence. Just going in thinking you want her to look beautiful/fierce/strong isn't enough. I feel like there are 3 approaches that really work for her - the impossible, larger-than-life goddess take (e.g. Terry Dodson, Drew Johnson); the warm, expressive take (e.g. George Perez, Nicola Scott, Darwyn Cooke, Adam Hughes); and the striking, elegant take (e.g. Phil Jimenez, Jenny Frison). Sampere is firmly in that first category, but I'll be interested to see how his take develops over time if he really does stay on for 50+ issues.

I'm also very curious to know what issue he's working on now that he calls "Crisis-level epic"

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Thanks for sharing! It's cool how you can see his approach so clearly in his work. There's definitely a sense that he's trying to put a goddess on the page whenever he draws Diana.

He made a really clever observation about how a lot of artists draw Diana as "a woman dressed as Wonder Woman" and fail to capture her presence. Just going in thinking you want her to look beautiful/fierce/strong isn't enough. I feel like there are 3 approaches that really work for her - the impossible, larger-than-life goddess take (e.g. Terry Dodson, Drew Johnson); the warm, expressive take (e.g. George Perez, Nicola Scott, Darwyn Cooke, Adam Hughes); and the striking, elegant take (e.g. Phil Jimenez, Jenny Frison). Sampere is firmly in that first category, but I'll be interested to see how his take develops over time if he really does stay on for 50+ issues.

I'm also very curious to know what issue he's working on now that he calls "Crisis-level epic"
    Hmm, agree with the categories but think I'd put someone line Cooke or Hughes in "larger-than-life" category.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I think Sampere’s WW also has some elegance. Like the casual/nonchalant kind after easily dispatching stooges in an elevator.

IMG_2289.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, agree with the categories but think I'd put someone line Cooke or Hughes in "larger-than-life" category.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I think Sampere’s WW also has some elegance. Like the casual/nonchalant kind after easily dispatching stooges in an elevator.

IMG_2289.jpg
    Oh yeah, they definitely all have elements that span across those categories (Dodson's take is also very elegant, Jimenez's take is quite expressive). But when I think about Cooke and Hughes the first thing that stands out to me is the sort of pin-uppy quality.

That's why I love Adam Hughes. Not to nitpick, but I think everyone can see Sampere draws Diana's head too small. I get that it's to make her appear bigger and more imposing by contrast, but it still looks weird.

I didn't want to hijack their thread, but I think gwhh was on to something. This will be an unpopular prediction, but what if Cassie uses her new detective skills to track down Emelie, they fight to the finish and Emelie kills Cassie?

New outfit or not, I don't think Cassie is making it out of King's run alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's why I love Adam Hughes. Not to nitpick, but I think everyone can see Sampere draws Diana's head too small. I get that it's to make her appear bigger and more imposing by contrast, but it still looks weird.

I didn't want to hijack their thread, but I think gwhh was on to something. This will be an unpopular prediction, but what if Cassie uses her new detective skills to track down Emelie, they fight to the finish and Emelie kills Cassie?

New outfit or not, I don't think Cassie is making it out of King's run alive.
    Honestly I'd be surprised if King picks up on that "I'm a detective!" thing from Trials. It always felt kind of random.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I'd be surprised if King picks up on that "I'm a detective!" thing from Trials. It always felt kind of random.
    It was random, but honestly wouldn't mind if they expanded on it. Would be a nice thing for Cassie to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me it did at first, but then the way Cassie went about finding Yara Flor and eventually figuring out Artemis was Hippolyta's killer (and the procedures she used to do so) earned her credibility in my eyes. Detective work gives Cassie a much-needed niche in the Wonderverse, and even Columbo had to start somewhere.

WONDER WOMAN #6

Written by TOM KING

Art by DANIEL SAMPERE and BELEN ORTEGA

Cover by DANIEL SAMPERE

Variant covers by JEFF SPOKES and JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO

1:25 variant cover by KEVIN WADA

1:50 variant cover by DANIEL SAMPERE

Black History Month variant cover by NIKOLAS DRAPER-IVEY

$4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 2/20/24

Wonder Woman against her greatest foes! After thwarting each threat that the Sovereign has thrown at her, he decides to bring in the biggest guns the DCU has to offer. Let the battle royale begin! Plus, the Super Sons’ bedtime story goes wrong!