Page 14 of 201 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

I like King's mini's more than I like his ongoings, but I'll check this out non-the-less.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    House of the Dragon shows you dont need outside conflict. Hell most of the conflict in GoT took place between the 7 kingdoms.

If they approach The Amazons having different houses like in Historia or LoWW, the basic concept can work.
    2Gg.jpg

The gods are already a group of ancient, scheming, backstabbing, interfering assholes... Why drag the Amazons into this when it goes against the basic core of the story and you already have another set of characters that basically could have that role?
    Last edited by Zagre; 03-12-2023 at 02:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    2Gg.jpg

The gods are already a group of ancient, scheming, backstabbing, interfering assholes... Why drag the Amazons into this when it goes against the basic core of the story and you already have another set of characters that basically could have that role?
    You can have conflict amongst one another in 3000 years. It isn't the first time we've seen Amazons turn on their people.

Not to mention that the island could be invaded by some super natural force.

Low-key hoping Sampere gets to redesign Circe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Low-key hoping Sampere gets to redesign Circe.
    I agree! I would also want a Cheetah with white hair and a more sadistic Dr. Poison design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Attachment 130134

Maybe Diana will face all the governant agencies..
    James Gunn wrote that he's a fan...what an annoying guy.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I agree! I would also want a Cheetah with white hair and a more sadistic Dr. Poison design.

I would definitely like to see Dr. Poison look more like she did during Eric Luke and Phil Jimenez's runs. Keep the face scar but she also needs her cowl, crazed smile, and eye emblem.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I would definitely like to see Dr. Poison look more like she did during Eric Luke and Phil Jimenez's runs. Keep the face scar but she also needs her cowl, crazed smile, and eye emblem.
    The Matthew Clark (Eric Luke) Dr. Poison design is ICONIC.

It took YEARS to get that out of my head and out of my nightmares. Thanks, HotBoy!

I agree about Doctor Poison, but more important than her design, it's the gimmick from that run that matters. She created liquid curses by using science to dissect the cadaver of gods and mythical creatures.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

You can have conflict amongst one another in 3000 years. It isn't the first time we've seen Amazons turn on their people.

Not to mention that the island could be invaded by some super natural force.
    But, then, it kills what Paradise Island should be about. I use should be because in All-Star Comics #8, Marston wrote Hippolyte mentioning that their weapons are better than the men's world. If you're going to constantly show the Amazons are in some form of strife or is basically hypocrites, what's even the point anymore? Like, I'm okay showing them having a troubles every so often, only for them to overcome it. Proving that Paradise Island is a beacon of hope, that humanity can reach this point. But yeah, there's no point in creating these ideas of that this is what humanity can do if we strive for it. I guess this a casualty of writers wanting the Amazons more like the myths instead of keeping them aligned with Marston's vision (minus the weapons).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I agree about Doctor Poison, but more important than her design, it's the gimmick from that run that matters. She created liquid curses by using science to dissect the cadaver of gods and mythical creatures.

Yes, this! Writers should keep building on this as it makes her unique in the world of super-villains. Her sadistic personality in Luke & Jinemez's runs also stood out to me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    But, then, it kills what Paradise Island should be about. I use should be because in All-Star Comics #8, Marston wrote Hippolyte mentioning that their weapons are better than the men's world. If you're going to constantly show the Amazons are in some form of strife or is basically hypocrites, what's even the point anymore? Like, I'm okay showing them having a troubles every so often, only for them to overcome it. Proving that Paradise Island is a beacon of hope, that humanity can reach this point. But yeah, there's no point in creating these ideas of that this is what humanity can do if we strive for it. I guess this a casualty of writers wanting the Amazons more like the myths instead of keeping them aligned with Marston's vision (minus the weapons).
    There's a difference between constantly having issues and having issues every couple of hundreds or thousands of years. If they did a 5 year war, thats a small fraction in the Amazons time on the island and doesn't kill what the island is about.

We didn't have anyone mad with what Historia did with the island and there are times they go to war throughout WWs history.

There's a difference between constantly having issues and having issues every couple of hundreds or thousands of years. If they did a 5 year war, thats a small fraction in the Amazons time on the island and doesn't kill what the island is about.

We didn't have anyone mad with what Historia did with the island and there are times they go to war throughout WWs history.
    It should be noted that the Amazons' war was not with each other in Historia.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It should be noted that the Amazons' war was not with each other in Historia.
    Nor was it said it was.