Page 187 of 201 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3009

Eh, he used a few. And in the most surface level manner.
    Even assuming King continues avoiding to use any of the full on gods, theres at least a dozen bigger names King could effortlessly slot in, and several dozen more which could be brought back and repurposed.

Not to mention that theres nothing stopping him from reusing the likes of Giganta and Angleman for bigger more focused story beats

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I know I'm pretty biased for Tom King, but I'm glad that it seems like he's gonna be writing Wondy for more time, since this tpb doesnt indicate that the ending is near anytime soon (I may be proved wrong, tho?). Unless DC is cooking a substitute on the form of my other favorite superhero writers (aka Kieron Gillen or Kelly Sue) I'd like him to keep writing her for a while. Would it be bullied too much if I ask for a WW writer/artist to break the 36 issues milestone for the first time since 1992?

Alltho, granted, I dont know how much plot will there be left if King has already cooked so much characters from WW's villain gallery.
    King's said the ones used so far won't be the only ones we'll see. But we'll probably get more of the ones he already used.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    King's said the ones used so far won't be the only ones we'll see. But we'll probably get more of the ones he already used.
    Fair enough, yeap, there's a lot of room to keep exploring already used villains. I mean, you can tell the guy is DYING to write a full issue on Angle Man.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I expect that when the first encounter with Sovereign is accomplished in the first 12 issues, we'll probably start branching out to more plotlines.

Its like how for his Batman run started with the Gotham and Gotham Girl arc, with the whole conflict with Bane who would define the rest of the run only coming in a bit later.

I would also like an arc similar to the War of Jokes and Riddles in the sense that it features a whole conflict that isn't too related to the myth arc and does its own thing for a bit.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I expect that when the first encounter with Sovereign is accomplished in the first 12 issues, we'll probably start branching out to more plotlines.

Its like how for his Batman run started with the Gotham and Gotham Girl arc, with the whole conflict with Bane who would define the rest of the run only coming in a bit later.

I would also like an arc similar to the War of Jokes and Riddles in the sense that it features a whole conflict that isn't too related to the myth arc and does its own thing for a bit.
    Its already been confirmed that she comes face2face with him in 8 or 9

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I know I'm pretty biased for Tom King, but I'm glad that it seems like he's gonna be writing Wondy for more time, since this tpb doesnt indicate that the ending is near anytime soon (I may be proved wrong, tho?). Unless DC is cooking a substitute on the form of my other favorite superhero writers (aka Kieron Gillen or Kelly Sue) I'd like him to keep writing her for a while. Would it be bullied too much if I ask for a WW writer/artist to break the 36 issues milestone for the first time since 1992?

Alltho, granted, I dont know how much plot will there be left if King has already cooked so much characters from WW's villain gallery.
    King said he wants to do another long run. Depending on sales/his own schedule/if DC finally offers him Superman, I could see him staying on for 50 issues sales permitting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Its already been confirmed that she comes face2face with him in 8 or 9
    Narrating his own demise.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm expecting Sovereign to be what Bane was for his Batman run, the overarching enemy even if he isn't the focus of every story or arc.

I'm expecting Sovereign to be what Bane was for his Batman run, the overarching enemy even if he isn't the focus of every story or arc.
    Bane spent a good chunk of King’s run in prison and that didn’t stop him from continuing to be a threat. Perhaps something similar is in the cards here? Diana imprisons Sovereign on Themyscaria but isn’t able to undo his reality warping with the Lasso of Lies, which means the conflict with America continues? I could see something like that as a way for Sov to remain important while also putting him on the backburner for a bit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

King is not going to, at the same time, claim that this is WW's new archenemy and deal with him in first 8-9 issues. If King's run goes to 50 issues then it is a safe bet that she'll be again (or still?) fighting him then.

She still hasn't met Sovereign yet, there's a lot left to go.

Donna looking exceptionally gorgeous, as always .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Is this the most she's appeared in the WW book since pre-52? (not counting that abomination that was her New52 intro)

Wasn't she in 4 issues of the Steve Orlando arc where Diana fought Devastation and Genocide?