Page 2 of 201 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Yea that's the problem though - I don't think the tone on his Supergirl is appropriate for the main WW book.
    Really? Tone wise he and Greg Rucka are in the same wheelhouse. And let’s face it, the Cloonrad run was pretty light hearted fare that didn’t have serious stakes. Sales were soft so clearly the WW audience isn’t sticking around for a book that’s just light hearted adventures. King at least will bring a more serious tone and scale of threats that WW needs.

And there’s also Superman: Up in the Sky besides his Supergirl.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It sounds like some good things are in store for Diana with this top-tier creative team. Hopefully they stay on the book for more than an arc.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Amazon Extradition Entity (AXE) task force just sound like the story before Infinite crisis, seems like the government will like omac army bring the battle to the paradise island.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The WW talk starts around the 38 min. mark:

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Actually seems interesting. I'll give some begruding credit to DC for actually putting a big name on a WW book.

I look forward to the folks who didn't care about WW before suddenly caring about WW so it means they can keep up their Tom King hate fetish.
    Well. If he treats WW like a useless, weaklink that is constantly doubting herself. I will join the club. But why does he have dedicated haters may i ask?

Considering what King did for Kite-Man, does this mean Mouse Man will finally get his due?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Considering what King did for Kite-Man, does this mean Mouse Man will finally get his due?
    You will definitely see some deep cuts from Wondy history show up. Also for all his flaws, King does like to call back to what previous writers have done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really? Tone wise he and Greg Rucka are in the same wheelhouse. And let’s face it, the Cloonrad run was pretty light hearted fare that didn’t have serious stakes. Sales were soft so clearly the WW audience isn’t sticking around for a book that’s just light hearted adventures. King at least will bring a more serious tone and scale of threats that WW needs.

And there’s also Superman: Up in the Sky besides his Supergirl.
    Also, since Rucka left all Wonder Woman comics have been hearted fare adventures. I was truly expecting SOME change sooner or later because, as well as I thank the sitcom tone, I also was wanting a change of pace (i still wanted cloonrad to stay, but this is the next best thing that could happen)

And, well, in series like Human Target he has showed that he knows how to write a compeling story involving mysteries and more mundane settings.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

You will definitely see some deep cuts from Wondy history show up. Also for all his flaws, King does like to call back to what previous writers have done.
    They already started with on wrong foot. By saying he didn't want to write her. Saying she has had great writers yet the book never worked(lies), that she is hard to sell, write and all the usual stuff of blaming the character. Marston, Greg Ruka, George Perez gave definitive stories about Diana. That most other writers couldn't do a good job, it is the fault of their writing, not the character. And loebs run a good concept for WW? cliff? Really? sigh..

Interesting team but it could go either way for me.

Sampere really wowed me with his art on Future State: Aquaman, but his art on Dark Crisis seemed a bit chaotic panel-wise (maybe the fault of the script?) and his Diana on the cover looks a bit unproportionate.

Tom King... I think he can really write the epicness I've been missing. Let's see how IC he writes Diana.

But I already don't like this: After a mysterious Amazonian is accused of mass murder"
    They've been calling the Amazons that way too often recently.

I really like the snow cover. Is that Ivan Reis?

That's the thing I'm looking most forward to.

Spectacular Member

I have faith in him after he mentioned George Pérez said about the success of the post crisis ww reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Well. If he treats WW like a useless, weaklink that is constantly doubting herself. I will join the club. But why does he have dedicated haters may i ask?
    He wrote some Batman comics that I guess didn't portray him as the most ultimate level top unbeatable supergod (whose still totally relatable). Which earned him the ire of Batman fans for eternity.

And Heroes in Crisis which from what I gather was pretty terrible hit job on Wally West.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-27-2023 at 06:04 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Wow, definitely a surprise to be sure, but I'm all for it. King is in the hit or miss category for me, but when he hits, I think he really hits. What he's done with Superman and Supergirl are among my faves for each respective character so I'm pretty excited to see what he'll do with WW.

And the art will be great, Sampere is stellar.

Wonder how long they'll keep up that numbering format with the new and the legacy in brackets?

Also, very excited for the list of artists for #800.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 03-10-2023 at 09:29 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I dunno, this just feels like a recipe for disaster to me.

Like, yeah, King is a big name but was so was Brian Azzarello and King has shown on several occasions that he doesn't really write Diana that well, and it already seems like he's playing to his dark and political sensibilities with an Amazon committing mass murder and the whole lot of them getting deported and banned from America. Oh, and Diana is a fugitive and will probably fight a bunch of government agents. Because that's interesting.

And in general I just think he's a bad choice for Superhero ongoings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    He wrote some Batman comics that I guess didn't portray him as the most alpha level top unbeatable supergod (whose still totally relatable). Which earned him the ire of Batman fans for eternity.

And Heroes in Crisis which from what I gather was pretty terrible hit job on Wally West.
    That wasn't the main problem with the run even if Batman did come off as incompetent in it.

Seems like he's done an interview about the new run:

https://youtu.be/WCFHERop9HI