Page 4 of 201 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Hopefully we don't see Diana get jumped on by Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Hopefully he doesn't simply artificially conjure up a tragedy for Diana just so that she can suit his trademark style.
    Well, he already dabbled in giving her Childhood Trauma™ with confessional in Heroes in Crisis:

This page does kind of sum up my opinion of King's attempts at Diana thus far. There is a germ of a decent idea here, but his execution of it feels off-base. Diana being so selfless she doesn't give give herself time to deal with her own pain or burden others with it is an interesting facet to explore and in character.
    But this weird anecdote about Hippolyta shot with an arrow and Diana hiding in her room reveals an off interpretation of Themyscira and her childhood.

Similarly, there were things to like about her appearance in his Batman run...like commenting that she always wanted to use the Bat-Signal and talking about Jumpa.
    But then he had her go and try to make out with Bruce...

I think King's run will be like that line in Game of Thrones about Targaryen madness.
    Every time Tom King writes a character, the gods flip a coin and the world holds its breath.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I will have to have this cover!
    also...full of visual references from the 70's television series? Are we getting General Darnell back in a modern take? What about the I.A.D.C and IRA?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From the get-go we're starting off with an Amazon committing mass murder and America deporting all Amazons and passing a law to ban them.

I think that really sets the tone here. And I don't think it's a good one.
    I totally get why the pitch makes you nervous lol, but again it’s a way to raise the stakes. Cloonrad’s run was low scale, this is trying to make WW feel epic and must read. Could King **** the bed? Totally, he’s done it before with his last big swing at a superhero murder mystery, and if you didn’t like his Supergirl you probably aren’t going to like this. But as someone who does enjoy a lot of King’s work, I think I will enjoy this very much. And if nothing else -
    The art will be great!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...27582672461824

Don't love the fact that warrior is the first word used there to describe her legacy.

Incredible Member

This run could be penned by Eris herself and it'd cause less division.

If the run is full of visual references to the 70's show I imagine it'll be very light on sword and shield.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I totally get why the pitch makes you nervous lol, but again it’s a way to raise the stakes. Cloonrad’s run was low scale, this is trying to make WW feel epic and must read. Could King **** the bed? Totally, he’s done it before with his last big swing at a superhero murder mystery, and if you didn’t like his Supergirl you probably aren’t going to like this. But as someone who does enjoy a lot of King’s work, I think I will enjoy this very much. And if nothing else -

The art will be great!
    At the very least it should be good on feats and spectacle.

His Superman and Supergirl does have them doing some over the top stuff.

Pretty cool fights like Clark getting into a boxing match with a super strong alien and Kara taking a cannon barrage to the face as she battles a hoard of space pirates who rampaged across the galaxy.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Don't love the fact that warrior is the first word used there to describe her legacy.
    My thoughts exactly.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    At the very least it should be good on feats and spectacle.

His Superman and Supergirl does have them doing some over the top stuff.

Pretty cool fights like Clark getting into a boxing match with a super strong alien and Kara taking a cannon barrage to the face as she battles a hoard of space pirates who rampaged across the galaxy.
    We will see. If the US government is going against Diana. Those agents better have access to special gear. Otherwise it won't make sense to see her fighting them, as she should easily pass through them like they are nothing.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Sadly. It is DC that has tried to make warrior her definitive concept. But ironically enough. For everytime they say she is the most badass and skilled warrior in DC, they hardly ever show it with real performances showing her skill and technique. As usual, DC can't be bother to try with WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Actually seems interesting. I'll give some begruding credit to DC for actually putting a big name on a WW book.

I look forward to the folks who didn't care about WW before suddenly caring about WW so it means they can keep up their Tom King hate fetish.
    Lol. No truer words have been spoken.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

That seems a little nitpicky? All his words sum her up and we don't even see the sword/shield in any of the covers