Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Michael Dorn and Sami Basri on Steelworks

Michael Dorn, legendary actor and the voice of Steel in the classic Superman: The Animated Series, will be writing the not-to-be missed Steelworks with art by Sami Basri (Harley Quinn). The Metropolis of the future is here today, but can it survive a terrorist who’s out for revenge against its builder, John Henry Irons—a.k.a. Steel—and his company, Steelworks…and who possesses secrets that could undo everything John has worked so hard to build?

While John’s professional life is firing on all cylinders, his personal life is even better, as his on-again, off-again relationship with Lana Lang might be back on, permanently. Now he must decide whether it’s time to give up being Steel once and for all. But does John even know who he would be without his superhero identity? How does the other Steel—John’s niece, Natasha Irons—feel about his momentous decision? And does any of that matter if Steelworks crumbles around him when he lacks the superpowers to fight back?
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/03/10/t...nkId=204780687

Steel’s VA from the DCAU and iconic Star Trek Actor Michael Dorn is writing the book! I’m excited! And hey, confirmation that Lana is returning too!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Steel is one of my favourite DC characters so I'll definitely be giving this a chance.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Is it possible to be weak from excitement? Because I think I feel that way. What a novel idea to have a guy who's actually played Steel writing him and Basri is spectacular.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

We Greg Pak fans can take some comfort knowing that not everything he’s done has been forgotten . His buildup of Steel and Lana’s relationship was one of my favorite parts of his run. Glad to see that acknowledged and retained in canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Is it possible to be weak from excitement? Because I think I feel that way. What a novel idea to have a guy who's actually played Steel writing him and Basri is spectacular.
    Dorn is one of the GOAT actors but has he ever written before? I’m stoked to see what he’ll do regardless.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Not to my knowledge so there are definitely questions to be answered. However, I feel that jumping in with so much experience in both cartoons and general science fiction will be a plus.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Honestly I had forgotten Dorn played Steel in S:TAS. I only remember him playing Kalibak while Phil LaMarr played Steel in JLU.

But I'm glad John Henry is getting his own series again, finally, and I knew Vordan would get a kick out of the Lana mention .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I had forgotten Dorn played Steel in S:TAS. I only remember him playing Kalibak while Phil LaMarr played Steel in JLU.
    Likewise. Pretty neat Dorn is getting the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We Greg Pak fans can take some comfort knowing that not everything he’s done has been forgotten . His buildup of Steel and Lana’s relationship was one of my favorite parts of his run. Glad to see that acknowledged and retained in canon.

Dorn is one of the GOAT actors but has he ever written before? I’m stoked to see what he’ll do regardless.
    Maybe Williamson will do something with those underground monsters as well. Either way looks like we recently are getting some New 52 stuff back.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Finally the confirmed writer and artist, nice.

Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Not to my knowledge so there are definitely questions to be answered. However, I feel that jumping in with so much experience in both cartoons and general science fiction will be a plus.
    Need this to be good so fingers crossed. The pitch sounds interesting at least, and the Superbooks have been really strong lately, which gives me hope that editorial can help Dorn out even if he isn’t the most experienced writer. We definitely need an interview with him about how he came to get the job and what his approach is ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe Williamson will do something with those underground monsters as well. Either way looks like we recently are getting some New 52 stuff back.
    Metallo has his New 52 origin back too! Some of the New 52 stuff was worth retaining and I’m glad we’re seeing a more balanced approach compared to the Rebirth take of it all being wiped out and Superman just being Byrne/Jurgens + Johns.

A new series with potential.
    But that enemy is someone now or would be one of the old enemies than Steel made in his first series? There were a lot of potential suspects in that series.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Cool ass cover. Looking forward to Basri drawing this thing.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I love Basri so I will read this, I hope it's good !

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A new series with potential.
    But that enemy is someone now or would be one of the old enemies than Steel made in his first series? There were a lot of potential suspects in that series.
    Well the only one that would sort of make sense and have ties to Steel's family would be Hazard-who was last seen taking Steel's foster nephew Tye as his foster son. Tye got crippled and was in a wheelchair and pretty much blamed Steel.

Would make sense for an older Tye to pop back up as a villian.

And there was a lingering (of sorts) plot line with Spiral. His parents mention someone wouldn't let them see the body as they were doing tests.

I'm a little wary since I'm not aware of Dorn having written anything before, but the blurb sounds interesting. I'll be checking it out for sure.