Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

STEELWORKS #5
    Written by MICHAEL DORN
    Art by SAMI BASRI
    Cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    Variant cover by DIEGO LATORRE
    1:25 variant cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/24/23
    THE PENULTIMATE CHAPTER HAS ARRIVED!
    Our heroes brace for impact as a startling new weapon emerges from deep beneath Hob’s Bay to wreak havoc on Metropolis! As the fight for the future of the city nears its shocking final showdown, Steel and Superwoman’s combined powers—and their engagement—will be tested like never before!
    Lana’s got her powers back, cool for her I guess (never really was that invested in her being Superwoman but I know others were). JHI piloting a Mecha is extremely my **** though!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I gave up on her comic pretty quickly, but there could definitely be much worse ideas for the character
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

When every character has powers,how does any of them stand out ?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of Lana as Superwoman (didn't like the concept, didn't like the book, don't like her using that name specifically), but I suppose as a "we bring it back for just this one issue as a treat", it could be fun.

I think we have enough supers at this point.

Yeah, if it is one issue special then I'm fine with it.

Extraordinary Member

No. Let her keep them. If Bat franchise has a Batwoman let the Super franchise have a Superwoman.

Besides, this lets Steel have his own “fantastic four” family dynamic:
    Steel
    Natasha Irons
    Superwoman
    John Henry Jr

Extraordinary Member

Steelworks #3 Preview
    Writer: Michael Dorn
    Artists: Sami Basri and Vicente Cifuentes

After seeing confirmation that Jon is toast as a character, this was a nice palate cleanser. My favorite issue of the mini thus far, and the one where it’s feels like Dorn has finally figured out the medium and is comfortable with it. We get good character moments between Steel & Nat, Clark, and Lana. We get funny banter between Jimmy and Cat where Jimmy refers to himself as Silver Banshee’s girlfriend. We get JHI unveiling his new zero point energy project which is set to revolutionize power, and we get some cool action scenes. Seems the zero point energy has given Lana her powers back too! Since PKJ has said he didn’t plan on adding more members to Action I’m curious if she will retain them at the end of the mini.

Great issue!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm surprised at how easily Dorn handles the Superfamily. It really feels like a companion series for PKJ's Action and I hope that once this wraps up we get Dorn/Basri as a backup for Action.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm surprised at how easily Dorn handles the Superfamily. It really feels like a companion series for PKJ's Action and I hope that once this wraps up we get Dorn/Basri as a backup for Action.
    Dorn’s a quick learner and has shown rapid improvement thus far so I’d like to see him keep writing Steel to hone his craft further.

I think Dorn likes Conner a lot,he always gives him cool lines,that actually sound like kon,I wouldn't mind him writing him someday
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

I too have been really enjoying how Dorn and Basri are handling the Supers, and that this goes really well with PKJ's Action Comics. The introspective scenes with John Henry in this issue were very well done, too. Comedy fell flat for me, though. It was good to see Cat again, but that whole scene with Jimmy was the weakest part of the issue IMO.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I think Dorn likes Conner a lot,he always gives him cool lines,that actually sound like kon,I wouldn't mind him writing him someday
    He also continued the Conner Kenan pals thing when Kenan was the first to come to his aid and Clark telling him to take care of Conner.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    He also continued the Conner Kenan pals thing when Kenan was the first to come to his aid and Clark telling him to take care of Conner.

Damn I want a kon/Kenan (and Jon ) series,so much fun to be had