Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A new series with potential.
    But that enemy is someone now or would be one of the old enemies than Steel made in his first series? There were a lot of potential suspects in that series.
    I’m expecting a new villain but Priest and Kaminski are tight, maybe Kaminski would suggest using someone from Priest’s run to Dorn.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Doesn't Steel have evil brother or something like that?

Cover looks great and the Michael Dorn as Writer is very intriguing.

When does Steelworks #1 come out?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Who doesn't ?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Cover looks great and the Michael Dorn as Writer is very intriguing.

When does Steelworks #1 come out?
    In June. Don’t know the specific day but we’ll get that with June’s solicits which might come out this week. Either this week or next.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. Natasha’s dad.

Clay Irons. Father of Natasha. Steel has a small very small group of enemies, and I would like to see some of them expandend and not to see JI taking borrowed Superman villains all the time. Maybe even bring back Angora Lapin.
    (And if you don't remember who is Angora Lapin, you lost Superman fan points.).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Maybe even bring back Angora Lapin. (And if you don't remember who is Angora Lapin, you lost Superman fan points.).
    I can't figure it out, the name is too subtle! Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Clay Irons. Father of Natasha. Steel has a small very small group of enemies, and I would like to see some of them expandend and not to see JI taking borrowed Superman villains all the time. Maybe even bring back Angora Lapin.
    (And if you don't remember who is Angora Lapin, you lost Superman fan points.).
    I want them to bring back Skorpio from Priest’s run.

I enjoyed how he was basically Steel’s Joker. Hm I wonder if, given the focus on Steel’s love life with Lana, will they bring in Dr. Amanda Quick? Priest already brought back Dr. Villain.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I want them to bring back Skorpio from Priest’s run.

I enjoyed how he was basically Steel’s Joker. Hm I wonder if, given the focus on Steel’s love life with Lana, will they bring in Dr. Amanda Quick? Priest already brought back Dr. Villain.
    Yeah, Scorpio is pretty diabolical… oh wait, wrong Scorpio.

3F44DDE5-D72E-46F1-963A-955686D81F8E.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Mighty Member

https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/03/10/t...nkId=204780687

Steel’s VA from the DCAU and iconic Star Trek Actor Michael Dorn is writing the book! I’m excited! And hey, confirmation that Lana is returning too!
    Yooo... Whaaaat!!!!

When is #1 releasing?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Yooo... Whaaaat!!!!

When is #1 releasing?
    No fixed date on the announcement. I imagine they're letting Dorn get a little ahead, as (I believe) this is his first comic writing job and they won't want unexpected delays.

...It's not a Geoff Johns book. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

STEELWORKS #1

Written by MICHAEL DORN
    Art by SAMI BASRI
    Cover by CLAY MANN
    Variant covers by JON BOGDANOVE and SAMI BASRI
    1:25 variant cover by ARIEL COLON
    1:50 variant cover by HELENE LENOBLE
    DC Pride variant cover by JOSHUA “SWAY” SWABY
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/6/23
    FORGING THE FUTURE!
    The Metropolis of the future is here today, but can it survive a terrorist who’s out for revenge against its builder—John Henry Irons, a.k.a. Steel—and his company, Steelworks…and who possesses secrets that could undo everything John has worked so hard to build?
    While John’s professional life is firing on all cylinders, his personal life is even better, as his on-again, off-again relationship with Lana Lang might be back on, permanently. Now he must decide whether it’s time to give up being Steel once and for all. But does John even know who he would be without his superhero identity? How does the other Steel—John’s niece, Natasha Irons—feel about his momentous decision? And does any of that matter if Steelworks crumbles around him when he lacks the superpowers to fight back?
    Writer Michael Dorn (the voice of Steel in Superman: The Animated Series) teams up with artist Sami Basri (Harley Quinn, Catwoman) to bring you the next chapter of Steel’s saga in this not-to-be missed six-issue miniseries!
    Hope the series ends with Steel going “nah I can be both a hero and CEO of Steelworks”, I mean c’mon if Ted Kord and Tony Stark can do it how hard can it be?

Hope the series ends with Steel going “nah I can be both a hero and CEO of Steelworks”, I mean c’mon if Ted Kord and Tony Stark can do it how hard can it be?
    Yeah, the last thing I want is John Henry retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, the last thing I want is John Henry retiring.
    (I personally wish Nat had her own code name but that’s a lost cause at this point I guess).