Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

The Rebirth callbacks .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Rebirth callbacks .
    I loved these panels:

Artwise it’s a great quick All-Star esque sequence to introduce new readers to Steel. Lana and Natasha potentially butting heads sounds fun, Lana as JHI’s supporter and Nat as the one who examines what he does more critically are the roles I was hoping they would play.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nice to see John Henry Irons getting some much-deserved love. I look forward to reading this.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Finally we got some interiors

Looks pretty good

Steelworks_1_10_11-min.jpg

Is that Lana Lang as Superwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Steelworks_1_10_11-min.jpg

Is that Lana Lang as Superwoman?
    Indeed, but it’s just a flashback to the Rebirth era.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

STEELWORKS #3

Written by MICHAEL DORN
    Art by SAMI BASRI
    Cover by DANIEL SAMPERE
    Variant cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    1:25 variant cover by JERRY GAYLORD
    Blue Beetle movie variant cover by JOE QUINONES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/1/23
    AT THE MERCY OF THE SILVER MIST!
    Natasha Irons may have solved the mystery of the strange intruder at Steelworks Tower…but will she live to tell the tale? The Silver Mist’s plan to sabotage Steel’s technology takes a twisted new turn, and murder is in the air! Meanwhile, John Henry’s bold vision for Metropolis has driven a wedge between him and the Super-Family, all on the eve of Metropolis’s biggest celebration: Centennial Day.
    I like that the book is going to touch on Metropolis culture. You could do some interesting parallels with JHI’s efforts to revamp Metropolis and Waldo Glenmorgan’s efforts to create a “City of Tomorrow” in the first place.

Helps to be buddies with Supes when making a presentation .

Extraordinary Member

My friend just made my head spin.
    Friend: “Since they haven’t showed Lana in a while and she’s not in the preview of Steelworks, yet things are going great between her and John according to the synopsis, do you think she’s pregnant?”

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

By the time Steel could have any sort of functional child Superman would be like 50, lol

But anyway it's good to see these covers and remember just how well John and Nat lend themselves to great visuals
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Got it.
    John Henry Irons is basically doing what Luthor should have been doing from the very beginning, if he stuck to his so-called philosophy and was also altruistic.

Bit slow but it was a solid first issue, especially for a writer that has never written comics before. I think Dorn has a good handle on JHI and Nat’s voices. I’m glad the ghost of Amertek is coming back to haunt Irons with this new villain, and I loved the data pages at the end about Metropolis casualties. If anything I think the Doomsday fight should have killed more than just 200 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    My friend just made my head spin.
    Friend: “Since they haven’t showed Lana in a while and she’s not in the preview of Steelworks, yet things are going great between her and John according to the synopsis, do you think she’s pregnant?”
    Could be possible but it looks like JHI has given her an engagement ring at the very least:

They do seem to be getting ready to take the next big step and get married.
    Got it.
    John Henry Irons is basically doing what Luthor should have been doing from the very beginning, if he stuck to his so-called philosophy and was also altruistic.
    That was always what I loved about JHI. He shows that Lex is full of ****, an ordinary person can still be a hero and matter even with Superman around.

I am looking forward to how that proposal for the Supers to be more hands off with protecting Metropolis goes lol. I doubt most Supers would be willing to do that, and I think this story will be about JHI accepting the need for both. Hopefully we still get to see JHI kick ass in his power armor in addition to revamping Metropolis infrastructure.

Extraordinary Member

Was the 200 casualty count, just from Metropolis and not Doomsday’s killing trail across the USA?

Was the 200 casualty count, just from Metropolis and not Doomsday’s killing trail across the USA?
    Looks like it’s just Metropolis:

Maybe he killed a couple thousand more on the way to the city