Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Zdarsky's Daredevil
    It's usually a smart idea to discuss your deep-seated psychological issues so that you don't make the same decisions when mentoring new heroes. Good for spidey .

I use this to indicate I've made a joke. I don't believe Spider-Man should go postal on Norman's butt, but since Ashley and Peter were close, the death of her clone and Norman's murder of a person in front of him both called for a stronger response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    What makes you think Queen Goblin won't be able to survive something like this?
    I also believe Queen Goblin will be back. Norman will need to get those sins back somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    no more Gwen
    Gwen Stacy: secretly more worthy of contempt than the abusive father who murdered her and the protagonist's baby. More at eleven.

Spectacular Member

This story was better than I thought it would be.
    Last edited by Lunala; 03-24-2023 at 04:55 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    It's usually a smart idea to discuss your deep-seated psychological issues so that you don't make the same decisions when mentoring new heroes. Good for spidey .

I use this to indicate I've made a joke. I don't believe Spider-Man should go postal on Norman's butt, but since Ashley and Peter were close, the death of her clone and Norman's murder of a person in front of him both called for a stronger response.

I also believe Queen Goblin will be back. Norman will need to get those sins back somehow.

Gwen Stacy: secretly more worthy of contempt than the abusive father who murdered her and the protagonist's baby. More at eleven.
    This story was better than I thought it would be.
    Yes. Indeed, it was. As for Gwen, no, I don't think it's a matter of contempt for her as compared to Osborn, but contempt for how Marvel keeps dredging up her ghost for the sake of Peter's angst (and now "cleansed" Osborn's angst as well).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I occasionally wonder how many people blame poor and uninspired writing on the writers rather than the characters when the characters aren't ones they happen to enjoy.

Norman is the reason Gwen is famous but the opposite is also true. It seems natural to include her in his story, but it's not Gwen's fault Cantwell beat a dead horse.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I occasionally wonder how many people blame poor and uninspired writing on the writers rather than the characters when the characters aren't ones they happen to enjoy.

Norman is the reason Gwen is famous but the opposite is also true. It seems natural to include her in his story, but it's not Gwen's fault Cantwell beat a dead horse.
    You raise a good point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I personally liked this GG mini a lot, and while the ending is quite.. divisive at best, it isnt the bull-- Cantwell pulled on Doom's, so that's something !
    I feel really bad for Kafka.. what happened to her (being forced to hold all of Norman's sins, and final fate) is extremely underserved, and all the more reason why I want to see Maxine pulled apart limb by limb (extreme, I know, but she REALLY deserves that and more imo)

Agreed. I thought this mini was overall great.

Astonishing Member

You know? I should ashamed for not mentioning this before (maybe I have been extremely busy here), but a "purified Norman Osborn" is NOT something new. It has already happened before.

Where? Easy: the animated series "Ultimate Spider-Man", more precisely, Season 4 "VS the Sinister 6".

I have to say, it's not the first time something from this series was adapted into the comics. I mean, in the series, we also had Mary Jane bonded with Carnage's symbiote; and then it happened during the "King in Black" arc. OK, it wasn't actually the main Mary Jane, but her counterpart from Earth-65 (the world of Spider-Gwen).

I have to say, do you think more things from this series could be adapted in future comics? I won't say no to Mary Jane becoming a Spider-Woman (but I definitely prefer she won't be with Carnage's symbiote).

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

You know? I should ashamed for not mentioning this before (maybe I have been extremely busy here), but a "purified Norman Osborn" is NOT something new. It has already happened before.
    That was his original set-up. Norman wasn't the Goblin, they were a split personality.

This was forgotten, overlooked or just scrapped when Norman came back at the end of the Clone Saga, and he has been a much less interesting character because of it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    That was his original set-up. Norman wasn't the Goblin, they were a split personality.

This was forgotten, overlooked or just scrapped when Norman came back at the end of the Clone Saga, and he has been a much less interesting character because of it.
    I disagree, Norman much better as a pure unrepentant ******* than a generic Jekyll and Hyde type character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

Please, we have enough Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde stories with characters like Dr Connors (The Lizard) or even Hulk.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

So, we don't have enough villains for the sake of being villains? Unrepentant bad-guys who just cycle in and out with no purpose other than to be a villain? That's what I find tedious.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    I disagree, Norman much better as a pure unrepentant ******* than a generic Jekyll and Hyde type character.
    Agreed. Norman coming back in Clone Saga, and just that whole period for him was my personal favorite period of him.

Even as somebody who got into the character through the 90's show which was pretty explicit in the split-personality stuff I just feel like it's hard to go back to trying to depict Norman as a conflicted, tortured, man after the last decade or so of him being the worst of the worst who gets off on making Peter suffer.

They even had to cheat with the sins.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even as somebody who got into the character through the 90's show which was pretty explicit in the split-personality stuff I just feel like it's hard to go back to trying to depict Norman as a conflicted, tortured, man after the last decade or so of him being the worst of the worst who gets off on making Peter suffer.

They even had to cheat with the sins.
    Well, the whole "double personality" kinda survived unttil recently. I mean, after Norman's defeat at the end of "Dark Reign", we could see him talking with his Goblin self.

Well, the whole "double personality" kinda survived unttil recently. I mean, after Norman's defeat at the end of "Dark Reign", we could see him talking with his Goblin self.
    Yeah, but Dark Reign was mostly Norman running the show and we saw how well that went.