Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

last issue overall great read
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Will the end of the Queen Goblin mark the return of the Green Goblin?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A very good question.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

what would happen if the green goblin becomes it own entity somehow? like how Peter was split into two in the beginning of spencer run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what would happen if the green goblin becomes it own entity somehow? like how Peter was split into two in the beginning of spencer run
    That would be pure chaos.

That would be pure chaos.
    So, we'd have Norman Osborn in his "reformed" era, trying to be a hero a la Lex Luthor as Super-Lex during the DC Rebirth-era Superman comics, and then we'd have an utterly unleashed Green Goblin that would put the Joker to shame.

Mighty Member

I think not quite yet. The Red Goblin mini works better if Norman stays ungoblined. Or maybe he'll take on the Goblin persona again to save Normie from Phil in the Red Goblin climax? I think there are too many Norman-adjacent balls in the air at the spider office for him to flip back in this issue.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I think not quite yet. The Red Goblin mini works better if Norman stays ungoblined. Or maybe he'll take on the Goblin persona again to save Normie from Phil in the Red Goblin climax? I think there are too many Norman-adjacent balls in the air at the spider office for him to flip back in this issue.
    Yeah, Not-Evil Norman is gonna stick around a while longer, I think, but I'm sure the end of this will set the stage for the eventuality. We're about to find out what he did to help Parker save MJ, too.

It's almost a crime that this is ending after just five issues. Cantwell has just done an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, Not-Evil Norman is gonna stick around a while longer, I think, but I'm sure the end of this will set the stage for the eventuality. We're about to find out what he did to help Parker save MJ, too.

It's almost a crime that this is ending after just five issues. Cantwell has just done an amazing job.
    I wonder if Gobby might be the final boss of Wells' run.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So, we'd have Norman Osborn in his "reformed" era, trying to be a hero a la Lex Luthor as Super-Lex during the DC Rebirth-era Superman comics, and then we'd have an utterly unleashed Green Goblin that would put the Joker to shame.
    Not gonna lie, I like the sound of that better than what we got with infecting Kafka with his sins. We even had a means for it to happen with the separator that Doctor Conners created. Hell, with it having been perfected to remove the negative effects of the 2 halves being separated, that could be something used to save Kafka if they want to continue with the “good” Norman and still use Queen Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not gonna lie, I like the sound of that better than what we got with infecting Kafka with his sins. We even had a means for it to happen with the separator that Doctor Conners created. Hell, with it having been perfected to remove the negative effects of the 2 halves being separated, that could be something used to save Kafka if they want to continue with the “good” Norman and still use Queen Goblin.
    Thanks, and yeah, that would make sense.

Cantwell has said he'd love to get to write more Norman, 'warped as he is'. I hope he gets the chance from having read these issues.

spoilers:
    Gold Gobby's not going anywhere. He's in the solicits for I think June's issue of Venom? Dylan's about to dunk on his chrome dome
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    spoilers:
    Gold Gobby's not going anywhere. He's in the solicits for I think June's issue of Venom? Dylan's about to dunk on his chrome dome
    end of spoilers
    Oh, yeah. That should be fun.