Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Even diehard clone haters would feel bad for how they're being treated throughout the Spider-books.

Norman wouldn't see those new clones as the same people, so there's no real motivation for him to clone them again.
    This was confirmed in the beginning of Dark Web during Peter and Norman’s conversation about Ben Reilly and Harry Lyman outside The Coffee Bean.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This was confirmed in the beginning of Dark Web during Peter and Norman’s conversation about Ben Reilly and Harry Lyman outside The Coffee Bean.
    Confirmed, as in, my point or the opposite? I haven't read a Wells issue since the first arc.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

So, apparently my copy was missing the page where Spider-man yelled that Norman hadn't changed, even when he's trying to be good he can't help but be a monster, then punched him out and took him to the police.

Seriously, I am actually pretty pissed about the fact that Spider-man is solicited to still be hanging around Norman but I guess, along with so many other problems, Peter is just cool hanging with murders.

There was no justification for that killing, outside of explaining that Osborn's sins* had "burned out" Ashley's consciousness. It felt extremely forced and in no way an appropriate response/level of violence considering the situation.

There are a million different ways this scenario could have played out but Cantwell specifically chose one where Spider-man ended up effectively consoling and absolving Norman after killing someone right in front of him is, frankly, the worst one I can think of.

I guess he was going for a cliffhanger, to leave things open for Wells in the main book, but that just feels lazy to me. Surely you'd leave half and issue or preferably a whole issue to deal with the consequences and fallout, but nope. This is a consistent problem in US comics.

Otherwise, this was an excellent series.

*I still absolutely hate this nonsense.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Confirmed, as in, my point or the opposite? I haven't read a Wells issue since the first arc.
    I thought my wording was pretty clear, but I’m saying you’re right, he doesn’t view clones as the same people as their genetic templates (even if the clones came after the original died, like in Harry’s case).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    So, apparently my copy was missing the page where Spider-man yelled that Norman hadn't changed, even when he's trying to be good he can't help but be a monster, then punched him out and took him to the police.

Seriously, I am actually pretty pissed about the fact that Spider-man is solicited to still be hanging around Norman but I guess, along with so many other problems, Peter is just cool hanging with murders.

There was no justification for that killing, outside of explaining that Osborn's sins* had "burned out" Ashley's consciousness. It felt extremely forced and in no way an appropriate response/level of violence considering the situation.

There are a million different ways this scenario could have played out but Cantwell specifically chose one where Spider-man ended up effectively consoling and absolving Norman after killing someone right in front of him is, frankly, the worst one I can think of.

I guess he was going for a cliffhanger, to leave things open for Wells in the main book, but that just feels lazy to me. Surely you'd leave half and issue or preferably a whole issue to deal with the consequences and fallout, but nope. This is a consistent problem in US comics.

Otherwise, this was an excellent series.

*I still absolutely hate this nonsense.
    I laughed IRL

Spectacular Member

Peter is just cool hanging with murders.
    In a legal sense, Queen Goblin's death amounted to accidental manslaughter. Norman inadvertently killed Kafka as a result of negligent, careless, and dangerous behavior.

Spider-Man is romantically involved with a murderer; the majority of his superhero buddies have also committed murder; and Peter was recently reminded of the time he manslaughtered Wolverine's lover. He doesn't want to come across as hypocritical. So Norman is can commit a little murder. As a treat. All he needs to do is look like a kicked puppy afterward.

Peter kill venom in renew your vows even it though it's not 616 he still did it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    In a legal sense, Queen Goblin's death amounted to accidental manslaughter. Norman inadvertently killed Kafka as a result of negligent, careless, and dangerous behavior.

Spider-Man is romantically involved with a murderer; the majority of his superhero buddies have also committed murder; and Peter was recently reminded of the time he manslaughtered Wolverine's lover. He doesn't want to come across as hypocritical. So Norman is can commit a little murder. As a treat. All he needs to do is look like a kicked puppy afterward.
    Who did Felicia straight up kill?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That's alt-universe. I don't count that towards 616 Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who did Felicia straight up kill?
    Thinking about it, I think it was strongly suggested she killed some low level costume(s) at the start of her turn as Queenpin. Or beat them and ordered them killed?

I'd have to have to check though, which I will almost certainly forget to do by the time I'm home. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Thinking about it, I think it was strongly suggested she killed some low level costume(s) at the start of her turn as Queenpin. Or beat them and ordered them killed?

I'd have to have to check though, which I will almost certainly forget to do by the time I'm home. Lol.
    Ohhhh...yeah, I think if I recall correctly as Queenpin she:

- Used her bad luck powers to get someone electrocuted in prison.

- Had a guy get mauled by an escalator.

- Pushed an old woman to her death.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Eddie earned his death, he was literally going to kill Annie and devour her brains if Peter didn't stop him.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Eddie earned his death, he was literally going to kill Annie and devour her brains if Peter didn't stop him.
    It's Venom. Devouring brains is basically a given .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post

Point, though I should mention Charlemagne was already brought up in Chip Zdarsky's Daredevil as Spider-Man's impetus for going so hard on Daredevil after the inciting incident of DD accidentally killing that robber in the first issue, as he eventually confessed to DD shortly before Daredevil went to prison. Also, funny enough, according to Zdarsky's Daredevil, pretty much every street-level superhero has accidentally killed a not-so-innocent someone in the process of fighting crime at least more than once, much to Matt's horror when he hears this while his fellow street-level Defenders are trying to keep him from getting himself in more trouble.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

OK, people. Who want to make bets?

I mean, come one! Do you really think Queen Goblin is dead? Think again.

During the Kindred' saga, Sin-Eater proved that not only absorbed his victims' sins and "evil selves", but their powers too. That means the Queen Goblin not only has Norman Osborn's sisn, but his powers as Green Goblin too. And that includes his healing factor! The same healing factor that allowed him to survive to be impaled by his own glider the Night of Gwen Stacy's death.

What makes you think Queen Goblin won't be able to survive something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    OK, people. Who want to make bets?

I mean, come one! Do you really think Queen Goblin is dead? Think again.

During the Kindred' saga, Sin-Eater proved that not only absorbed his victims' sins and "evil selves", but their powers too. That means the Queen Goblin not only has Norman Osborn's sisn, but his powers as Green Goblin too. And that includes his healing factor! The same healing factor that allowed him to survive to be impaled by his own glider the Night of Gwen Stacy's death.

What makes you think Queen Goblin won't be able to survive something like this?
    If it means no more Gwen covers and that Peter finally get's to move on from that since Queen Goblin poofed her ghost and took the place of the sin than i am more than happy for Queen Goblin to remain dead and live on through homages and appearances until a future audience that doesn't know who she was feel how i felt about Gwen.

lol i suck at gifs but imagine johnny dept with a bob in a tim burton movie not caring.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-21-2023 at 06:57 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/