Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Astonishing Member

Looks interesting. Not crazy about that logo -- looks like it's more for a muscle car than a plucky super-heroine.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I will be trying this out. Not too fond of the art on this so far but will see how it goes.

I'm a fan of Patsy, happy she's finally getting her own series, and even if I didn't always love how Cantwell used her in Iron Man I'm glad he seems invested in her character.

Though what a way to start the issue...flashing back to her dad (?) abandoning her while she's bloody, beaten, and in handcuffs being carted away for the murder of her boyfriend. For a character known for her pluck and energy, that's a real big kick in the behind. Are they setting up Patsy's issues with her parents as why she might come off as mentally unstable or not always the bright and happy young woman we know and love her as? This seems to be portraying her as more darker...ala the Netflix show, maybe?

Also, is this her being arrested right after being framed? Future solicits make it sound like she's on the run from the law unless it's all in media res. Or maybe she escapes custody here.

I feel like Patsy deserves a more refined art style but this seems to be going for a more colorful, gritty, and cartoony style than I would've expected. Like the interim between the usual Hellcat style and the subject matter of our heroine being arrested for murder.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Looks interesting. Not crazy about that logo -- looks like it's more for a muscle car than a plucky super-heroine.
    Not seeing a "plucky super-heroine" in THAT preview.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Not seeing a "plucky super-heroine" in THAT preview.
    Cantwell is already putting Patsy through the wringer both physically and emotionally.

I'll give it a shot but I can't say this preview is winning me over. I'm not really interested in grim n gritty Patsy Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I'll give it a shot but I can't say this preview is winning me over. I'm not really interested in grim n gritty Patsy Walker.
    Hopefully this doesn't end with her ditching her classic duds for a dark Hellcat suit...

Astonishing Member

Patsy has certainly had some grim n gritty storylines in the past -- and she always comes out on the other side (though it did take a while for Marvel to fix her death/suicide from the Hellstorm series). I think her first mini-series with a little dark. Her second one was lighter in tone. Didn't read her ongoing series -- wasn't my cuppa tea.

Long time Patsy fan so I've been looking forward to this. It definitely looks darker than her last solo effort but that's one of the cool things about Patsy. She can go light or go dark.

Extraordinary Member

Looks interesting....but I would assume with a BFF like Jen Patsy would know enough to keep her mouth shut til her lawyer is in the room. You want to tell the truth...fine...but talk to your lawyer first.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Boy View Post
    Long time Patsy fan so I've been looking forward to this. It definitely looks darker than her last solo effort but that's one of the cool things about Patsy. She can go light or go dark.
    I do kind of prefer the art here to the last solo (though it was appropriate to the tone of that run).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Looks interesting....but I would assume with a BFF like Jen Patsy would know enough to keep her mouth shut til her lawyer is in the room. You want to tell the truth...fine...but talk to your lawyer first.
    Thanks to Daredevil she can at least maintain her secret identity. He managed to finagle the law so he could be charged in his Superhero identity rather than get unmasked, although I think she'll escape custody to clear her name before she even reaches the station.

Though Jen would totally be her one phone call .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cantwell is already putting Patsy through the wringer both physically and emotionally.
    Feels very Tom King.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Still wondering why her “new” costume never stuck.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Still wondering why her “new” costume never stuck.
    Her primarily black one?