Mighty Member

Default wbd new streaming name

https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-...ming-relaunch/

We knew for some time that there's going to be a rebrand coming this spring. But what I find hilarious in this article is the audacity of the executives saying that the HBO name turns off many potential subscribers. Ummm....hello? The reason why subs have been dropping recently isn't the HBO name it's the removal of content. Why not just own that instead of this blatant lie?

Because these execs, who have clearly made one bad decision after another, should not be expected to either own up to their incomp0etence or suddenly be honest and take responsibility.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

To be fair, HBO Max always felt like a weird name to me. Until then I had no idea that HBO was owned by WB so I thought it was just an HBO streamer at first. I've always thought something like the Warner Vault or something would be more indicative of the content it's selling.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I agree that the Warner Vault should be more prioritized than HBO.

Call it WBMax and like Disney did this trailer is still Brillant with showing off all they have, and the ending emphasizes Nat Geo, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney, & Pixar.

Do a trailer and ad campaign that emphasizes you have the WB Library, HBO, DC, Discovery, & TCM.

But could they really call it the Warner Vault, when they keep removing their own content and sending it to other streaming services?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    To be fair, HBO Max always felt like a weird name to me. Until then I had no idea that HBO was owned by WB so I thought it was just an HBO streamer at first. I've always thought something like the Warner Vault or something would be more indicative of the content it's selling.
    Same. I get it from my Mobile Provider but until that happened I didn't look into it cause *just* HBO content didn't appeal to me.
    Oh, HBO is owned by Warner Brothers, odd platform name.
    It should've always been something more obvious.
    MGM gets that, they rebranded Epix into MGM+ now.

It should've been WBPrime, WB+, WBUnlimited.....something that says "here is our parent company and anything that is our satellite niches".

WBD though sounds like a weird spinoff title to WWE or some such.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime