Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    EDIT: IMO, if the blame should be spread three ways, the screentime dedicated to each person responsible should correspond. That said, WW got such little screen time because they didn't really prioritize her, not because they didn't mean to convey she was blameless. But you still have to show moments of accountability and regret.
    Well, Batman and Wonder Woman were modified/brainwashed by Darkseid so ...

Here’s the eulogies Lois gives. The Superman one sucks, Flash & WW are ok. Batman gets his own after the credits roll apparently.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Here’s the eulogies Lois gives. The Superman one sucks, Flash & WW are ok. Batman gets his own after the credits roll apparently.
    Why would you have Lois Lane be so harsh to Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would you have Lois Lane be so harsh to Superman?
    I’m trying to find out if he actually did anything. In the game it seems like he fought the brainwashing the longest, outlasting Batman, GL, and Flash (who was captured after him) because he doesn’t show up in person until about half-way through the game. Apparently Batman on the radio mentions that Brainiac is having trouble conditioning him, but I can’t find a clip of that. If he didn’t actually do anything other than kill WW, it’s hard to put him on the same level as Batman and GL who spent at least three weeks killing people as part of the invasion.

That said he‘s the moron who got everyone captured in the first place, him and GL although Lois can’t know that, so he definitely nuked his legacy through his own stupidity. Least he’s getting dumped on to wank WW instead of Batman this time
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For those (myself included) who didn't know much about the history of this game. Nine years of development?! Yikes.

As an aside, I thought it was great for DCUO that the primary villain was Brainiac. Alongside JLU, I thought it was great to make Superman villains a credible threat for the JL and beyond. But now I'm just salty that they handed over Braniac to the Suicide Squad.

Who exactly is the audience for this game again?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

For those (myself included) who didn't know much about the history of this game. Nine years of development?! Yikes.

As an aside, I thought it was great for DCUO that the primary villain was Brainiac. Alongside JLU, I thought it was great to make Superman villains a credible threat for the JL and beyond. But now I'm just salty that they handed over Braniac to the Suicide Squad.

The bizarrely long development time really indicates this game was primarily made on the whims of executives who are famously out of touch with their audiences.

So a lot of questionable decisions was probably mandates made on some dumbass rich persons idea of forcing in trends they think would sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The bizarrely long development time really indicates this game was primarily made on the whims of executives who are famously out of touch with their audiences.

So a lot of questionable decisions was probably mandates made on some dumbass rich persons idea of forcing in trends they think would sell.
    Yeah, seems like things got re-done during development. code-divers are gonna have a field day with it.

I’m trying to find out if he actually did anything. In the game it seems like he fought the brainwashing the longest, outlasting Batman, GL, and Flash (who was captured after him) because he doesn’t show up in person until about half-way through the game. Apparently Batman on the radio mentions that Brainiac is having trouble conditioning him, but I can’t find a clip of that. If he didn’t actually do anything other than kill WW, it’s hard to put him on the same level as Batman and GL who spent at least three weeks killing people as part of the invasion.

That said he‘s the moron who got everyone captured in the first place, him and GL although Lois can’t know that, so he definitely nuked his legacy through his own stupidity. Least he’s getting dumped on to wank WW instead of Batman this time
    There was still a post-credit wanking of Batman...though that was also a tribute to Kevin Conroy.

It's just a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Surprisingly not true. Per a journalist in the gaming press with a good track record for inside info, Jason Schrier, Rocksteady always wanted to make a looter shooter GAAS. At first it was going to be an original IP, then they switched to Suicide Squad. But for better or worse, this is the game they wanted to make, not Superman or Batman Beyond or another DC hero. Some parts of it are definitely DCEU synergy but even those I suspect are stuff Rocksteady did rather than WB mandates. Could be wrong of course, but that’s just my feeling. This game was simply in dev for far too long. GAAS have fallen out of vogue, the Suicide Squad are disliked, the DCEU is dead, even normies are starting to show some fatigue about all the evil Superman stories. Game is a collection of cliches that have been played out for too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was still a post-credit wanking of Batman...though that was also a tribute to Kevin Conroy.

It's just a mess.
    In this one instance I am ok with some Batwank. Conroy and Batman made Rocksteady superstars, paying tribute to them both feels appropriate and fitting. Too bad it’s in THIS game.

Astonishing Member

I've been asking this question for months.
    Live service games audience isn't going to play it, they already have better options they're invested in.
    Superhero fans hated this game from the moment it was announced, because everybody is tired of this edgy deconstruction **** + everybody is tired of Suicide Squad + everybody is tired of WBD shitting on its' own characters. In addition, it's clear, that this audience doesn't want live service games, they want a single game experience. Disney/Marvel is aware of that, WBD/DC for some reason isn't.
    The rest is just tired of live service games, especially bad ones. And there are too many of them.
    So, yeah, the question stands - who is this even made for?

the "live service game" thing is weird. live service is WHY companies can afford to keep developing a game years after initial release, and HOW most games have online multi-player.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Wasn't this game first supposed to be a superman game?that speech(which I didn't like) makes me feel like that
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Some parts of it are definitely DCEU synergy but even those I suspect are stuff Rocksteady did rather than WB mandates. Could be wrong of course, but that’s just my feeling.
    Corporate studio mandates are something that every big media project receives; whether it be a film, tv series or game. Developers are never given total creative freedom when working on a Triple A video game, especially when it’s based on an IP the company saw as valuable. I highly doubt it was Rocksteady’s creative choice to make an elaborate, over-complicated excuse as to why Arkham Deadshot is actually black and the white guy from previous games was an imposter.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    the "live service game" thing is weird. live service is WHY companies can afford to keep developing a game years after initial release, and HOW most games have online multi-player.
    It depends. Some live service games require so much time and resources that the devs don't make anything else like Bungie with Destiny. There are also games with multiplayer that aren't live services like Monster Hunter and Pokemon which are just one time purchases. A lot of these games are also seen in bad light because they most likely have some kind of random loot/gacha system which is seen as gambling.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Corporate studio mandates are something that every big media project receives; whether it be a film, tv series or game. Developers are never given total creative freedom when working on a Triple A video game, especially when it’s based on an IP the company saw as valuable. I highly doubt it was Rocksteady’s creative choice to make an elaborate, over-complicated excuse as to why Arkham Deadshot is actually black and the white guy from previous games was an imposter.
    I just find the idea that WB would mandate Deadshot synergy to be weird. If synergy was the impetus, surely WB would’ve asked for Bloodsport instead given Gunn TSS came out before this. Otherwise if the goal was synergizing with Ayer, why Shark and not Croc?