Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Considering how many times they claimed, that this game wasn't forced on them and they indeed wanted to make it, I'm inclined to believe, that we're indeed trying too hard to take the blame off Rocksteady themselves.
    I mean, there's always a chance, that they wanted to make as much money as possible with live service model (though after Avengers it was obvious, that this plan was doomed) + they chose to make Suicide Squad, because they were sick of superhero games and had no interest in making game about Superman or any other JL member, or even about the entire team.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I just find the idea that WB would mandate Deadshot synergy to be weird. If synergy was the impetus, surely WB would’ve asked for Bloodsport instead given Gunn TSS came out before this. Otherwise if the goal was synergizing with Ayer, why Shark and not Croc?
    Deadshot is a SS mainstay so I guess someone pushed for him over Bloodsport which, as a Superman villain, would've been the better choice over 2 Batman villains. Making him black was obvious since his actor was Will Smith.
    "Cable was right!"

I just find the idea that WB would mandate Deadshot synergy to be weird. If synergy was the impetus, surely WB would’ve asked for Bloodsport instead given Gunn TSS came out before this. Otherwise if the goal was synergizing with Ayer, why Shark and not Croc?
    I wonder if they'll ever give up on black Deadshot.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Apparently King Shark was originally intended to appear in the Ayer film but he was changed to Croc because Ayer didn't want to work with a heavily CG character

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever give up on black Deadshot.
    Will Smith isn’t coming back, if the game flops no reason for them to keep pushing him. Here’s hoping Bloodsport appears in the DCU so they can keep pushing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Apparently King Shark was originally intended to appear in the Ayer film but he was changed to Croc because Ayer didn't want to work with a heavily CG character
    Didn’t know that, interesting. Amusing that he went with Enchantress as the villain then.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Like half the movie was CGI wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Deadshot is a SS mainstay so I guess someone pushed for him over Bloodsport which, as a Superman villain, would've been the better choice over 2 Batman villains. Making him black was obvious since his actor was Will Smith.
    And wasn’t there already a Deadshot in the Arkham verse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    And wasn’t there already a Deadshot in the Arkham verse ?
    Yes they acknowledge that repeatedly right from the start. Rocksteady came up with a convoluted ass explanation in SS:

spoilers:
    The Deadshot you fought in Arkham Origins and City was from another Earth. Why did he decide to stay here and how did Batman not know he was a doppelgänger? Don’t think about it.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yes they acknowledge that repeatedly right from the start. Rocksteady came up with a convoluted ass explanation in SS:
    I'd also accept "lazy."

spoilers:
    The Deadshot you fought in Arkham Origins and City was from another Earth. Why did he decide to stay here and how did Batman not know he was a doppelgänger? Don’t think about it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And if you think about it from a canon perspective, white Deadshot was a better marskman than the "real" Deadshot because of gameplay reasons .
    end of spoilers

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Why didn't they just state there was two different guys called Deadshot?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Lazy, lazy, lazy. Holy f*ck this is unnecessary

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its so stupidly convoluted and ambiguous.

spoilers:
    New Deadshot suffering from imposter syndrome theorizes the original is from another world but Luthor and the other guy in the audio file are like "Wait maybe you got it wrong, its the other way around."
    end of spoilers

We'll probably get more answers on it cause apparently one of the upcoming DLC characters spoilers:
    is Deadshot's daughter called Lawless.
    end of spoilers

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Its so stupidly convoluted and ambiguous.

spoilers:
    New Deadshot suffering from imposter syndrome theorizes the original is from another world but Luthor and the other guy in the audio file are like "Wait maybe you got it wrong, its the other way around."
    end of spoilers

We'll probably get more answers on it cause apparently one of the upcoming DLC characters spoilers:
    is Deadshot's daughter called Lawless.
    end of spoilers
    Why didn't they just state there was two different guys called Deadshot?!

Why didn’t they just use Bloodsport instead? Synergy I guess.