Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Arkham Lois. spoilers:
    She survives the events of the game, gives a speech after each Leaguer gets taken down apparently.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Reason the JL gets enslaved is because Superman is a ****ing idiot who mandates everyone walk into the Skull Ship without planning for betrayal. God, just because Superman is an optimist doesn't mean he's a moron for Christ's sake. Even takes like MAWS where he's a rookie don't have him being this stupid. Rocksteady doesn't get the character at all, and after this game I hope they never touch him again. Why are the video game takes on him this ****ty, between Rocksteady and NRS it's like the two of them are competing to see who can dump on him more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

The most frustrating thing about this whole story is that, with the exception of Clark's stupidity in the situation with Brainiac, it all looks like Rocksteady could have made a great League game with great dynamics between the characters. It's just sad, that instead they did this thing.

Amazing Member

Why give this game anymore views?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Reason the JL gets enslaved is because Superman is a ****ing idiot who mandates everyone walk into the Skull Ship without planning for betrayal. God, just because Superman is an optimist doesn't mean he's a moron for Christ's sake. Even takes like MAWS where he's a rookie don't have him being this stupid. Rocksteady doesn't get the character at all, and after this game I hope they never touch him again. Why are the video game takes on him this ****ty, between Rocksteady and NRS it's like the two of them are competing to see who can dump on him more.
    Add the Bourassa-verse movies to the heap.

Speaking of Bourassa, I like to joke that the best thing about the MAX episodes of Young Justice is that they make Superman look good by taking all of the crappy leadership decisions he's usually saddled with and lump them on Wonder Woman and Batman instead.

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    Well, it seems like WB noticed all the negative commentary across all forms of social*, so might as well pile it on... Take advantage of the "dislike" button...

Last time I promise lol. I was surprised by how tame their treatment of Supes is (he takes the longest for Brainiac to brainwash and doesn’t kill anyone on screen other than WW, who might not even be “really” dead), up until the other shoe dropped. But now he’s going to get hate for being an idiot and getting Arkham Batman killed. Wanted to vent here about how annoyed I am by how people write him like a moron. Least it should put a pin in people asking for Rocksteady to make a Superman game.

Arkham Lois. spoilers:
    She survives the events of the game, gives a speech after each Leaguer gets taken down apparently.
    end of spoilers
    In before people say she looks better than Insomniac MJ .
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Add the Bourassa-verse movies to the heap.

Speaking of Bourassa, I like to joke that the best thing about the MAX episodes of Young Justice is that they make Superman look good by taking all of the crappy leadership decisions he's usually saddled with and lump them on Wonder Woman and Batman instead.
    The main reason the plan in Apokolips War didn't work was because Cyborg was a Trojan Horse. Supes was really gung-ho about taking the fight to Darkseid but they couldn't have known about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The main reason the plan in Apokolips War didn't work was because Cyborg was a Trojan Horse. Supes was really gung-ho about taking the fight to Darkseid but they couldn't have known about that.
    When considering Superman's smashing an object when some of team resisted his idea to take to the fight to Apokolips and the theme of Superman's having to live with his failure, I think the intention was probably to show that Superman made a poor leadership decision. When I think of animation and other media from 2001-present and the times Superman made great leadership decisions vs. the bad ones, it's pretty lopsided on the bad side. Justice Lords, Injustice, Cadmus arc, etc... we see all these massive problems that Superman's leadership caused but it's hard to think of times he did positive things like rallying the team or the world together or just making a strategically sound decision.

EDIT: I feel like Superman gets thrust into leadership roles by some writers just to create problems he specifically causes to create some sort of conflict for the story and create room for his character growth. Compare that to the one time in animation Batman made a serious blunder, his protocols in Justice League: Doom, when the creative staff reframed the end to be morally strategically justifiable and gave him a mic drop moment.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 02-01-2024 at 10:44 AM.

When considering Superman's smashing an object when some of team resisted his idea to take to the fight to Apokolips and the theme of Superman's having to live with his failure, I think the intention was probably to show that Superman made a poor leadership decision. When I think of animation and other media from 2001-present and the times Superman made great leadership decisions vs. the bad ones, it's pretty lopsided on the bad side. Justice Lords, Injustice, Cadmus arc, etc... we see all these massive problems that Superman's leadership caused but it's hard to think of times he did positive things like rallying the team or the world together or just making a strategically sound decision.

EDIT: I feel like Superman gets thrust into leadership roles by some writers just to create problems he specifically causes to create some sort of conflict for the story and create room for his character growth. Compare that to the one time in animation Batman made a serious blunder, his protocols in Justice League: Doom, when the creative staff reframed the end to be morally strategically justifiable and gave him a mic drop moment.
    It’s done - I believe - as an attempt to push back against people claiming Superman is a “perfect” character. Of course once it happens, the same people who decry him for being perfect switch to crowing about what a moron he is, and how he sucks for being a bad leader. Those people can’t be won over, they’ll hate if he makes mistakes and hate if he doesn’t.

JL Doom is hilarious because the ending is “Yeah Batman is guilty. Guilty of being a BADASS!!!!!!” which I think is part of why Waid disliked it (that and because of issues regarding compensation for adaptions).

It’s done - I believe - as an attempt to push back against people claiming Superman is a “perfect” character. Of course once it happens, the same people who decry him for being perfect switch to crowing about what a moron he is, and how he sucks for being a bad leader. Those people can’t be won over, they’ll hate if he makes mistakes and hate if he doesn’t.

JL Doom is hilarious because the ending is “Yeah Batman is guilty. Guilty of being a BADASS!!!!!!” which I think is part of why Waid disliked it (that and because of issues regarding compensation for adaptions).
    Agreed. The sad thing is that there are so many "See, look, OUR Superman isn't perfect" stories that they might actually outnumber the stories where Superman is too good.

Amazing Member

Last time I promise lol. I was surprised by how tame their treatment of Supes is (he takes the longest for Brainiac to brainwash and doesn’t kill anyone on screen other than WW, who might not even be “really” dead), up until the other shoe dropped. But now he’s going to get hate for being an idiot and getting Arkham Batman killed. Wanted to vent here about how annoyed I am by how people write him like a moron. Least it should put a pin in people asking for Rocksteady to make a Superman game.
    I didn’t know this existed until you posted it. I know it wasn’t your intention but you just gave this video more attention then it would’ve have because the views are kind of low right now. I’ll get more clicks and spread if you repost it everywhere to rant.

Maybe, but while he as the most outspoken about it, it felt like the Trinity were behind the decision, so I don't think the onus falls completely onto him.

And he did end up taking charge and helping bring together the remaining heroes to fix things.

Amazing Member

Maybe, but while he as the most outspoken about it, it felt like the Trinity were behind the decision, so I don't think the onus falls completely onto him.

And he did end up taking charge and helping bring together the remaining heroes to fix things.
    I thought it was a trinity decision too.

Full disclosure, there are a lot of aspects to that movie I probably don't precisely recall.

I don't think it's 100% on Superman, but I think the screentime spent on Superman's lament is about commensurate with how much blame he earned. Also, I think Damian seemed more angry at Superman than Batman, but that could be for a lot of emotional reasons instead of rational ones.

EDIT: IMO, if the blame should be spread three ways, the screentime dedicated to each person responsible should correspond. That said, WW got such little screen time because they didn't really prioritize her, not because they didn't mean to convey she was blameless. But you still have to show moments of accountability and regret.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 02-01-2024 at 12:52 PM.

I didn’t know this existed until you posted it. I know it wasn’t your intention but you just gave this video more attention then it would’ve have because the views are kind of low right now. I’ll get more clicks and spread if you repost it everywhere to rant.
    True, you got me there. Only thing left I’m curious about is Lois apparently gives speeches after every Leaguer dies, I’d like to watch those on YT and I’ll share that here if it gets shared. Otherwise I’ll stop.

People cite Apokolips War as an example of bad leadership from him when most of the movie is about him rallying the heroes together! Sucks that gets overlooked.