DC Pride 2023 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writers: Various
    Artists: Various

So happy to see old-school Apollo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Is that a Flash/Red Racer costume watch on Flashlight's wrist? Oh man I am so excited for this story

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

What's up with Jon's finger?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey, Catman!

Is this the first time Tim and Connor have met?
    No, I’m like 95% sure that Tim and Connor teamed up in the 90’s/ early 00’s. I think it happened in the robin book, I remember Tim driving while talking to Connor.

But they are likely teaming up now because Connor is friends with Damian now after their mortal kombat tournament arc.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Here's a fun bit the list of characters for the Book of DC Pride has been getting posted online (it's included in the link below)

What's interesting is that while almost all characters are definitively LGBT there's one included who's been pretty on the edge and this is the first book to actually be real confirmation, or the writer thought they were officially already, you decide!

Aruna from Batgirl Annual #1 (Cass's book) / Planet DC (2000)

https://twitter.com/LetsTalkTommie/s...719854592?s=20

She's an Indian shapeshifter who's normally just a woman but also takes male or even nonhuman forms since they act in Bollywood films/to escape danger.
    One bit the story also brought up is that she technically doesn't know if she was born female or male (or other) but otherwise lives/presents as a woman.

It's certainly easy to read as her being nonbinary, genderfluid or even arguably agender but given the nature of her powers what if anything she might count as was always vague.

Clearly the writer decided that's not just heavy subtext but I'm not so sure. Figure I'd mention it though.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I also found a Twitter thread about the DC Book of Pride: https://twitter.com/ssupernovah/stat...95796743421953

There are some images from the book: table of contents, plus the info pages of Tim Drake, Ghost-Maker, Jackson Hyde, The Cheetah, Artemis, Nubia, Hippolyta, Bia, Connor Hawke, Tasmanian Devil, GL Alan Scott, Jon Kent, and Jay Nakamura.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 05-05-2023 at 01:27 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Looks like that's confirmed Red Racer's costume watch

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Flashlight going through Emerald Twilight?
    Watch Morrison pull a fast one.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I can't tell if Morrison's gonna pull a "Ticket to Blüdhaven" and revive their Flash expy or send Flashlight down a grief/closure arc. Either way, this is the most exciting story for me by far

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    I can't tell if Morrison's gonna pull a "Ticket to Blüdhaven" and revive their Flash expy or send Flashlight down a grief/closure arc. Either way, this is the most exciting story for me by far
    Mine as well

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The choice to add Steph to Tim's cover indicates that DC is out of sync with fandom.
    Purely out of curiosity, which fandom are you referring to? Tim/Bernard fans who don’t want a reminder of Tim’s longest-lasting relationship, or Tim/Steph fans who believe their relationship is being retroactively diminished?

Extraordinary Member

Meanwhile, live action Steph on the tv show Gotham Knights is getting into a romance with Harper Row.
    So both Tim and Steph are queer in their recent live action cross media appearances.

Meanwhile, live action Steph on the tv show Gotham Knights is getting into a romance with Harper Row.
    So both Tim and Steph are queer in their recent live action cross media appearances.
    Not that it's ever been canon for comic Steph (though there have been speculation about the current Batgirls run).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Me too. I love Morrison and Red Racer is a fun character. We haven't had Flashlight explored much yet so that's really cool.