Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DC Pride 2023

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Asexual, aromantic, and aroace (aromantic + asexual) people are also part of the LGBTQIA+ community.

Ghost-Maker is fine, a cool addition to DC's non-white and non-straight characters. Just because you don't like him, it doesn't mean he's a trash character.
    Ehhhh I've read nearly everything in Ghost-Maker is in and honestly he never rises above being a shallow unlikable character.

I genuinely don't see what he adds to anything but eh he's just one character, its not a huge problem or anything.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 03-15-2023 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ehhhh I've read nearly everything in Ghost-Maker is in and honestly he never rises above being a shallow unlikable character.

I genuinely don't see what he adds to anything but eh he's just one character, its not a huge problem or anything.
    He's a psychotic hot mess which is sometimes fun to read about but can grate on others.

Excited for more Jess Chambers, I didn't much love the Flash Family's fate in Future State but Jess seems like a cool addition after their few appearances. Also honestly surprised the Still Force is still in play, but I'm interested to learn more about that and where Circuit Breaker fits in

Also, has it been confirmed anywhere that Jess's suits are based off John Fox's? Cuz their Kid Quick suit looks like a revamp of John's DC One Million and their Flash suit looks like a revamp of John's Waid run Flash 50th Anniversary suit

I'm excited for more Jess Chambers (especially in that costume), but I hope they'll be around for more than the Pride Special.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-16-2023 at 08:24 AM.

This looks interesting. I like some of the unusual pairings. Specifically Jon and John, and Midnighter, Apollo and Alan.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's a psychotic hot mess which is sometimes fun to read about but can grate on others.
    Also, his fans really appreciate that he's non-white and non-Western.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

'Frosti Reunion' in DC's Legion of Bloom (published this Tuesday) could easily have been included in DC Pride 2023:

- Travis Moore's both the writer and drawer - he's excellent as always
    - we have Diana in it!!!
    - Siggy is officially confirmed as non-straight -- in the past, he and Jack Frost (also appearing in this story) "had a thing"
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 03-22-2023 at 02:36 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Nice to see Kate appearing .

Love Jen Bartel's art and love that cover .

Extraordinary Member

DC Pride 2023 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writers: Various
    Artists: Various

Last edited by Hypo; 04-28-2023 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    DC Pride 2023 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writers: Various
    Artists: Various

Oh hey, Catman!

Is this the first time Tim and Connor have met?