Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

FLASH theme song from the 1970's Power Records.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    FLASH theme song from the 1970's Power Records.

Groovy!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

1976 Pepsi Glass.

FlashPepsi.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I totally forget blue evil Future Barry was a thing and I actually read that arc. I guess I just blocked it out of my mind .
    Kinda amazing how much of an impact Future Evil Barry has had...he inspired the CW show's take on Savitar and the Dark Flash of the movie.

Future Evil Barry is probably more well-known as a Flash rogue among general audiences and casual fans today than the likes of Captain Boomerang

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Damn. His name indeed was Barrence.

I wonder if this makes pre and post Crisis Barry different people.
    I mean, they're about as much the same or different as Pre and Post-Crisis Batman. Or Green Lantern. Or Aquaman.

In Barry's case of course, like 95% of so of his history stayed the same after COIE (no point reinventing a character who was dead...Wally was the Post-Crisis Flash reboot). I think the only significant change was the nature of his first encounters with Jay (Flash of Two Cities rather than Two Worlds). Thawne's origin also got rewritten, or rather, expanded upon with "Return of Barry Allen" (but IIRC, it didn't contradict much from the original Silver Age stories).

Finally got to Knight Terrors: The Flash #2, think I liked this issue a little less than the first.

Nothing super groundbreaking, but Paknadel has a solid voice for Barry. The nightmare/Insomnia making Barry act out of character was established in the last issue, so it didn't bother me as much here, but the “corrupting yourself to fight the monster only to realize you are the monster” felt a bit cliche and predictable so I was never really invested there. I would have liked to see him get a better handle on the dream environment before the very end.

...and what's next for dear old Barrence after KNIGHT TERRORS? Anything on deck?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    ...and what's next for dear old Barrence after KNIGHT TERRORS? Anything on deck?

Team-up with Hal in GL #4. After that no idea.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I hope we get some cool Barry stuff going forward, like you said in the News thread Tomkatie, a purely science hero adventurer type would be so cool!

Art by fancygoblin

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I hope we get some cool Barry stuff going forward, like you said in the News thread Tomkatie, a purely science hero adventurer type would be so cool!

Art by fancygoblin

Love this! Something about Barry with the lab coat over his Flash suit feels like peak character to me. It’s like Hal’s bomber jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post

Art by fancygoblin

Love this! Something about Barry with the lab coat over his Flash suit feels like peak character to me. It’s like Hal’s bomber jacket
    But why the glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But why the glasses?
    Because he's smart .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But why the glasses?
    Barry is getting old and his vision is starting to go. The Speed Force does many things for people, but it doesn't grant them lifetime perfect vision.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Barry is getting old and his vision is starting to go. The Speed Force does many things for people, but it doesn't grant them lifetime perfect vision.

I wouldn't think he'd be especially old. He was dead for a decent while, so he'd be at least a bit younger than most of his peers and kept vital from the Speed Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I wouldn't think he'd be especially old. He was dead for a decent while, so he'd be at least a bit younger than most of his peers and kept vital from the Speed Force.
    Yeah, plus doesn't the Speed Force keep Barry relatively young? I mean, it de-aged Iris back in the Pre-Flashpoint canon (though I dunno if that's still the case now?)

I also think of Barry as being around 4-5 years younger than Bruce and Clark, and having started his career as the Flash a few years after they started out as well. So if Bruce and Clark are today in their early-to-mid 40's, then Barry is in his late 30's/early 40's. Between being dead for a few years, plus the Speed Force, he probably doesn't look a day over 30.

Astonishing Member

It is the case but the funny thing was, Iris got de-aged before Barry even came back because they didn't want to draw her being old in anticipation of Barry coming back. They just didn't want anyone to think Barry might be kind of old because his wife is old, despite her being a grandma in her 60s by that point.