Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What DC Comics Character Do You Relate To The Most?

What DC Comics character do you relate to the most? For me, it’s Kyle Rayner.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    You're an artist I bet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Probably a mix of Wally West and pre-marine John Stewart (back when he was more anti-establishment).
    Last edited by Refrax5; 03-13-2023 at 09:39 PM.

Honestly Jessica Cruz and Kyle Rayner are both wildly relatable

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Hard to pick just one.

I relate to Superman as a good-hearted son of immigrants. Not a journalist but I have written and contributed articles.
    I relate to Ollie because of his politics, and I enjoy archery.
    I relate to Diana because of her focus on humanitarian and diplomatic efforts.
    I relate to Batman's obsessive nature.
    I relate to Barry's nerdiness and absentmindedness.
    I relate to Wally's impatience.

So hard to choose. I guess on balance it would be Superman, which feels somewhat weird to say.

Kyle Rayner. Artist, fan of heavy metal, dated a lot of women, we were even both dark haired Irish Americans. He was basically me, just ten years older. I've never related to a comic character on a personal level the way I did Kyle.

I also find Roy Harper one of the best Everyman characters in the genre. I'm not a single dad (just a dad) and I was never an addict so there's a lot with Roy I don't connect to in a direct, personal way like I did Kyle, but it's impossible not to relate to and sympathize with Roy on one level or another.

My wife understands and relates to Harley Quinn a little more than anyone should.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Wally back in his JLE days for sure.

I'm also a little like Roy Harper (only no drug addiction past and no daughter).

Also, a little Booster Gold.

I'm all over the place. LOL

Jordan from Superman and Lois.
    Khalid Nassour aka Doctor Fate
    Levi Kamei aka Swamp Thing.
    Kid Devil from Teen Titans.
    Buddy Baker

They all had aspects of me such as my insecurities and mental health issues.

Barry Allen.

BANNED

Martian Manhunter as a "generation 1.5" immigrant.

The Green Lantern Corpsmen as a member of the work force.

Extraordinary Member

New 52 version of Jason Todd (and only the New 52 version of Jason Todd. I pretty much hate every other version). Despite claiming that he didn't care, was always insecure about whether or not he measured up.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Kyle Rayner. Artist, fan of heavy metal, dated a lot of women, we were even both dark haired Irish Americans. He was basically me, just ten years older. I've never related to a comic character on a personal level the way I did Kyle.
    I was a single, 20-something freelance artist who liked NIN (I think Kyle was more into alt-rock, not metal) and anime living in NYC, yet I couldn't identify with him. Not just because he was constantly dating super-hot ladies, but for an artist he was more a "dude" than the introverted, self-hating geek that I was and as a comic book character, his experiences definitely didn't mirror mine.

Perhaps ironically, I identified more with Hal. Despite not having a lot in common with him as a person, when I was a kid I was impressed by how powerful he was, but he was somehow not as popular or well-known as Superman. And that hit me, as a younger brother feeling like a second-fiddle despite my higher grades, because my older brother could always beat me at everything. So to me Hal was an aspirational figure because of his accomplishments, but also someone I identified with because he didn't seem to get the respect he deserved.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-14-2023 at 06:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I was a single, 20-something freelance artist who liked NIN (I think Kyle was more into alt-rock, not metal) and anime living in NYC, yet I couldn't identify with him. Not just because he was constantly dating super-hot ladies, but for an artist he was more a "dude" than the introverted, self-hating geek that I was and as a comic book character, his experiences definitely didn't mirror mine.

Perhaps ironically, I identified more with Hal. Despite not having a lot in common with him as a person, when I was a kid I was impressed by how powerful he was, but he was somehow not as popular or well-known as Superman. And that hit me, as a younger brother feeling like a second-fiddle despite my higher grades, because my older brother could always beat me at everything. So to me Hal was an aspirational figure because of his accomplishments, but also someone I identified with because he didn't seem to get the respect he deserved.
    Part of why I like the Corpsmen is because my introduction came with Hal, John, Guy, and G'nort; and I saw them as quite brotherly like me and mine.

Ted Kord!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ted Kord!!!
    Out of curiosity, pre or post "Blue & Gold?"