Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well no its just weird because she specifically sits down with the golden age JSA last issue, specifically Jay Garrick, and tells them what she told the present day team. Meaning something is going on time wise that they can't remember that...or not, its a guess.
    I wonder if it's because of the Lost Children story. Jay struggles to remember his daughter Judy too, he remembered her name when he saw Linda Park in a similar costume, but won't remember her properly until they're reunited in JSA #6. The version of 1940 Helena visited is before the Lost Children were taken away. The 1940s JSA basically had their memories Swiss cheesed!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Does Power Girl or anyone else for that matter sill have their Lazurus Planet powers? I hope not. Mental powers are so not Power Girl.
    PG does, yes, and is using them in her Action Comics back-up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I want to like this series but I feel disconected of this Helena. I mean the original one was conected to the JSA by the legacy of Batman, but this Batman is the Batman of the League, that is kind of disruptive.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I want to like this series but I feel disconected of this Helena. I mean the original one was conected to the JSA by the legacy of Batman, but this Batman is the Batman of the League, that is kind of disruptive.
    We’ve had Lightning, daughter of Black Lightning, be on the JSA before.
    There shouldn’t be a requirement of mantle nepotism to be on the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Maybe there 's an involvement for JSA in that DAWN OF DC painel showing Chimp with Fate helmet as an event.
    hopefully a more competent Dr Fate!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The impression I'd gotten was that in Helena's future, Batman (and possibly Superman) were JSA members, or at least loosely affiliated with the team. Don't have a solid basis for that assumption, but I feel they subtly signalled it with Bruce and Clark both wearing Golden Age/Earth 2-ish suits in that timeline.

Astonishing Member

I’m guessing Xanadu poking at the Talisman is what summons Clark Osterman & Sally or Nostalgia back to Prime Earth?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Ok, dumb question time....it's got to be that Degaton is not only traveling through time, but also traveling through alternate universes right? Maybe I'm just dense and maybe it's supposed to be obvious or not. I have no idea what's really going on here. Also...Yolanda and Beth really were dead and just came back? I mean, yeah that's a Tuesday for the X-Men, but it seems like that should be something that was addressed in more than just a passing "oh yeah, they were dead and are back now, in other news...." In real life they've been dead for thirty years, how long were they dead in DC time? What about their families, how did they feel coming back, how did the Thunderbolt find them? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Astonishing Member

Depending on what Degaton wants with the Snowglobe, he either wants to be able to travel/manipulate Hypertime itself or use the spark on Manhattan’s power in it to replicate/resurrect Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We’ve had Lightning, daughter of Black Lightning, be on the JSA before.
    There shouldn’t be a requirement of mantle nepotism to be on the JSA.
    There's also crossover. Shazam and Hawkgirl have been on both the core Justice League and the JSA. Stargirl was also on a secondary JLA team in New 52.

And there's a connection to the JSA even if Batman wasn't on the team himself. One of Bruce's teachers before he became Batman was Ted Grant, the original Wildcat. Which means Helena is the daughter of a mentee of a JSA member.

Also, when the Lost Children join the team, Red Arrow will probably come with them, as she's currently with Stargirl in her mission to rescue them. She's Green Arrow's sister, and therefore another JLA legacy rather than a JSA one (she's involved due to Ollie's link to the Seven Soldiers of Victory).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-18-2023 at 05:52 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's also crossover. Shazam and Hawkgirl have been on both the core Justice League and the JSA. Stargirl was also on a secondary JLA team in New 52.

And there's a connection to the JSA even if Batman wasn't on the team himself. One of Bruce's teachers before he became Batman was Ted Grant, the original Wildcat. Which means Helena is the daughter of a mentee of a JSA member.

Also, when the Lost Children join the team, Red Arrow will probably come with them, as she's currently with Stargirl in her mission to rescue them. She's Green Arrow's sister, and therefore another JLA legacy rather than a JSA one (she's involved due to Ollie's link to the Seven Soldiers of Victory).
    Now Emiko I’d say is actually questionable because of Williamson’s Green Arrow series being about a big Arrow Family reunion. She could be dragged into that after Lost Children.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Apart from the big cover with the entire family on it, she's not been mentioned in the solicits so far. Seems to be mainly Oliver, Roy and Dinah. I can't see her having a big role there until the second arc, after Ollie is back from wherever he ended up in Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apart from the big cover with the entire family on it, she's not been mentioned in the solicits so far. Seems to be mainly Oliver, Roy and Dinah. I can't see her having a big role there until the second arc, after Ollie is back from wherever he ended up in Dark Crisis.
    I’m just saying that Emiko is not a sure thing if the Green Arrow book has priority.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well now that I've actually been able to read it, I have to say this issue was a step forward on finally getting the focus on the JSA in a book titled The J.S. of A.

I do feel like Johns is still dragging in too many disparate elements that don't need to be there, taking valuable page time away from the stars of the book: Detective Chimp, Easy Company...did we really need 4-6 pages on this?

Would love a little more detail on Beth and Yolanda's returns, but like that their previous deaths were acknowledged.

Time and JSA history does seem to be in flux with Per Degaton's shenanigans, ...and I am a sucker for Per Degaton's shenanigans and time travel /butterfly effect stories. Feel like this introductory arc finally got on track with issue #3.