Default Avengers vs Mighty Crusaders.

Avengers

Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Antman, Wasp, Captain America, Hawkeye

Vs the original flag wearing superhero the Shield, Jaguar, Comet, Steele Sterling, Lancelot Strong, Fly-man, Fly-girl, Black Hood

All characters are at silver age/classic level except Comet (no multi powered gloved and helmet, just flight and blasts)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...8823711103.jpg

Vs

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...8802545134.jpg

113 views and not a single opinion??

I've posted this battle on 3 forums and onlynonnherochat did it get a reply.

I know both Thor and Hulk are above most of the crusaders. That only really Jaguar is able to contend in their league. But I figured by adding Steel Sterling (who's not normally associated with the mighty Crusaders until the modern era post 2000) that having a third invulnerable strongman (with Shield and Lancelot Strong/Shield III) would at least make for a discussion.

Antman and Wasp vs Fly and flygirl is flip a coin.

So is Black Hood vs Hawkeye (they are each carrying some pretty heavy artilary between Hawkeye's trick arrows and the various ordinance for Hood's pepperbox Pistols.

Comet takes IM but there's atnleast a fight.

Admittedly if any of the Shield, Lancelot Strong take on Cap cap falls pretty fast, but that just means that whoever that is can join the other plus Steel Sterling vs whichever heavy hitters (between Thor and Hulk) that Ralph (Jaguar) didn't take on. Sterling and Shield can take blows from Hulk for quite a while. Shield and Strong a fast enough to dodge quite few. Strong's energy blasts can also knock Hulk around (though probably make him madder).

I think it comes down to if IM ca last against Comet long enough that he can't join either Jaguar or the trio to turn the tide in one of those battles.

I thought of making some other Crusaders battles. Like the 80s line up adding Darkling, Dr Reeve, the Fox and Web the this line up (less sterling) vs the Detroit era JLA. Or a version of the crusaders vs either the All Star Squadron core group or the second line-up of the Doom Patrol (Celcius, Crazy Jane, Tempest etc).

Clearly however there isn't much love for yhe Crusaders unfortunately

Clearly however there isn't much love for yhe Crusaders unfortunately
    Yeah, sadly the Crusaders are a bit obscure. They've always felt a bit generic to me. I've only read a couple of comics with them myself and nothing I've seen would put them in the Avengers ballpark.