Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I didn't see the Hope/Exodus twist coming but it made a lot of sense for both characters. Gillen's Hope is the gold standard for the character and even though I'm completely uninterested in any sort of redemption for Sinister, I'm glad to get more Rasputin IV in action.
    They were the two last Omega Mutants on the Quiet Council too I believe.
    Guess that’s just Exodus now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Rasputin's appearance here feels less like it fits what she was in the original Life 9 timeline (just the last of an army of mass produced throwaway soldiers) and more like she was promoted to "great important character" because of the positive fan reception she got. Which in turn was mainly because of her visual appearance.
    One other thing is that Colossus' appearance has always been the same as Sinister's appearance. By utilizing a character with Colossus' powerset, Gillen can make visual the idea that Rasputin came from Sinister, and immediately jumpstart the Rasputin-Sinister relationship by using the classic father-daughter dynamic.

Incredible Member

Has Sinister's goal ever been established prior to this?

Beating the Phalanx and Ascension has been established by Hickman as a general endpoint for mutants, but as far as I am aware, Sinister's interests has always just been about experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Has Sinister's goal ever been established prior to this?

Beating the Phalanx and Ascension has been established by Hickman as a general endpoint for mutants, but as far as I am aware, Sinister's interests has always just been about experimentation.
    In Gillen's Uncanny, he decided to rebuild the world around himself by creating an entire "Sinister species".
    Once Hickman introduced Dominions, it kinda fits retroactively.

Extraordinary Member

At this point Sinister is basically a 'species'. Who knows what any one being is motivated by. There was one of those Sinister Secrets that mentioned him having been playing the game longer than anyone knew, which I think was introduced when Hickman was still writing. We will never know Hickman's ultimate plan but he did bring Sinister in for a reason. For all we know Sinister actually created Moira.

Incredible Member

Great read.

Asides that, something I am enjoying in this whole SoS event is the creative ways they are merging mutant powers.

I mean a spaceship made with "Shaw batteries, Unus glands, and a Tempus-Magik drive bio-substrate"? A bomb made up of "Lila Cheney, Firestar, Leland, and Micromax"? Top it off with Rasputin IV...

Too much fun.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

After an underwhelming first issue, Gillen delivers in spades with this second one. I especially liked the Sinister/Rasputin relationship and the many twists like the Exodus/Hope.

Overall Sins of Sinister has been a very fun story so far, I hope it had a kick-ass ending as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Great read.

Asides that, something I am enjoying in this whole SoS event is the creative ways they are merging mutant powers.

I mean a spaceship made with "Shaw batteries, Unus glands, and a Tempus-Magik drive bio-substrate"? A bomb made up of "Lila Cheney, Firestar, Leland, and Micromax"? Top it off with Rasputin IV...
    After the resurrection of Hope recently, I've been waiting for Sinister to just straight up replace the Five with a Synch/Mimic Chimera that has the powers of all Five of them (from Mimic) and the ability to synergize them (from Synch) to basically be a one-person 'mutant circuit.'

All these bullets, bombs and batteries made from Unus, Legion, Shaw, etc. are kinda boring. I want to see some really neat concepts that aren't about blowing crap up, since that's always been super-easy for people with access to powers like Havok, Cyclops, Sunfire, etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    After the resurrection of Hope recently, I've been waiting for Sinister to just straight up replace the Five with a Synch/Mimic Chimera that has the powers of all Five of them (from Mimic) and the ability to synergize them (from Synch) to basically be a one-person 'mutant circuit.'

All these bullets, bombs and batteries made from Unus, Legion, Shaw, etc. are kinda boring. I want to see some really neat concepts that aren't about blowing crap up, since that's always been super-easy for people with access to powers like Havok, Cyclops, Sunfire, etc.
    It's more the journey than the destination.

While I do you get what you mean, it's a (galactic) war so its not out of place to have things designed to "blow crap up".

What sort of concepts would you like to see?

**They did use Juggernaut as a bullet in one of the past issues. Again this was combined with some other gifts...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    It's more the journey than the destination.

While I do you get what you mean, it's a (galactic) war so its not out of place to have things designed to "blow crap up".
    Valid points, and also Sinister is more creative at 'sinister' stuff, and a chimera Five circuit seems far too *practical* and useful (to other people, since he doesn't need them to clone *himself*).

What sort of concepts would you like to see?
    Sinny seems unhappy to lose his Moiras. Why not make a chimera of Lacuna, Sway, Tempus, Tempo, Timeslip, etc. to create his own time-porter who can either duplicate her effect (perhaps combined with chimera of Proteus, Mercator, Jamie Braddock, Legion, etc. reality manipulators), or, easier still, just zap back to *before his Moira's were stolen* and reset the timeline from there?

He's got at *least* a half-dozen teleporters who might be able to do this, by themselves, *and* the ability to Chimerize them into even more advanced versions, *and* access to power-boosting mutants like Chance and Fabian Cortez, to buff them even further!

And that's like, one thing, his most pressing concern, getting his 'Moira Engine' back. Which, with the resources at his disposal, he should have been able to do, *easily.*

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Valid points, and also Sinister is more creative at 'sinister' stuff, and a chimera Five circuit seems far too *practical* and useful (to other people, since he doesn't need them to clone *himself*).

Sinny seems unhappy to lose his Moiras. Why not make a chimera of Lacuna, Sway, Tempus, Tempo, Timeslip, etc. to create his own time-porter who can either duplicate her effect (perhaps combined with chimera of Proteus, Mercator, Jamie Braddock, Legion, etc. reality manipulators), or, easier still, just zap back to *before his Moira's were stolen* and reset the timeline from there?

He's got at *least* a half-dozen teleporters who might be able to do this, by themselves, *and* the ability to Chimerize them into even more advanced versions, *and* access to power-boosting mutants like Chance and Fabian Cortez, to buff them even further!

And that's like, one thing, his most pressing concern, getting his 'Moira Engine' back. Which, with the resources at his disposal, he should have been able to do, *easily.*
    What resources? He's essentially being held captive by the Quite council. Has it been ever been established that the quite council is aware of the moira engine?