View Poll Results: Batman by Scott Snyder / What is your verdict?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-Stars His work is the best compared to others in DC right now

57 44.88%
  • 4-Stars His work is above average compared to others in DC right now

48 37.80%
  • 3-Stars His work is average compared to others in DC right now

13 10.24%
  • 2-Stars His work is below average compared to others in DC right now

6 4.72%
  • 1-Star His work is poor compared to others in DC right now

3 2.36%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Cool Batman by Scott Snyder / What is your verdict?

Whoh! The complete forum has been rebooted. Well, it's going to be great to see how the new members of CBR will vote and say their opinions on this book by this writer. Post your opinions guys & gals if you have any.

BANNED

At present or the entire book?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    At present or the entire book?
    It's up to you. You can give your general opinion of his run, and then post your opinion regarding your current thoughts about his current work on Batman right now.

BANNED

I'm not gonna vote in this as I feel we shouldn't compare writers only to other writers in the same company. On that note, Snyder fares pretty well in the greater comics industry in my opinion, dude is good.

I think it's an above average run up with the upper echelon of Batman's stories. Court of Owls stuff and then the Zero Year were great. Compared to the rest of DC's comics Batman is amongst the best if not the best out of all of them (Green Arrow and Wonder Woman being good too).

Amazing Member

Big fan. Court of the Owls was great and Zero Year has been awesome. Death of the Family was overhyped though. Sadly this doesn't seem to count The Black Mirror, which was probably his best Batman work.

BANNED

Probably the best run of Batman stories since Greg Rucka stopped writing Batman stuff.

A high 4 for me. The run hasn't quite been the absolute best DC New 52 book out there, but I think if Zero Year and the subsequent arc/s get better then he could shift to a 5. Court and Zero Year have been 5 worthy, but Night of the Owls and DOTF didn't quite match that level for me. Still I hope he stays on to #50 because he is a great writer.

I voted 3 stars because is work is average for the DCU and that isn't really a good thing, but the book deserves a higher rating because Capullo is one of the best talents on the payroll.

5. Great work from Snyder. Everything I want in a Batman comic, he delivers. The best part about Snyder is that he always has great artists working with him, that's a huge plus

Incredible Member

I really enjoy it. If he tones down that "it has to be important" thing he'd be one of my favourites altogether.

I voted 3. He's ambitious, he really tries to create something, and when he's working with others, his flaws are less apparent. But more often thant not, to me, he doesn't deliver what he promise, thus why I don't see him as above average.

Batman is my favourite New52 book, so 5 stars without hesitation.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Truth View Post
    Probably the best run of Batman stories since Greg Rucka stopped writing Batman stuff.
    This.

10+char

Having been a Marvel Zombie for years and years, I came into the New 52 not really knowing who the most of the writers or artists were. I just wanted to give a new Universe a shot. I came in with a completely open mind. I tried every single #1 title and I gave every title at least 3-4 issues before I decided what I wanted to read. I knew nothing about Snyder or Capullo. I must have read and re read #1, #2 & 3 5 times each. There was an instant connection for me with that title. There were others I had a similar connection with Aquaman, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, the Flash, Batgirl. I have yet to be disappointed by a single issue (other than most of the Villain’s Month issues but for me as a whole that month was pretty forgettable) and I hope that Snyder and Capullo decide to sign on for another 50 issues after #50 is completed.