Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    If they reboot him all that way back it would be an interesting dynamic because his generation has moved on with the evil beast, therefore bringing back young beast would mean that his cohorts are no longer his generation. Probably closer to the new mutants age.
    I've always been confused as to their ages. Hank canonically celebrated his 30th birthday in '92, but other then that I don't know. I could have sworn I heard that Hank is now 35, but I can't remember where I heard that. Presumably, he was in his early-mid twenties during his stint in the Avengers.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

What’s interesting for if they do go the route of replacing Hank with an earlier version of him is that he’ll have his younger self’s memories of the present but locked away by Jean’s timed wind wipe. In theory he could become somewhat caught up though from another perspective, if a strong enough psychic unlocks those memories for him. Though if that has been the plan all along, it would certainly explain why 90’s Beast was in the most recent X-line promotional image.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Just do what they did with Scarlet Witch and catch him up on everything he's missed

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

can't a telepath just upload everything he's missed into his brain?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    They can't seriously be considering wiping 40+ years of this character off the table, can they? If everything of Beast is gone from the time he joined the Avengers -- even assuming this means only after he joined full-time ("Avengers" #151) rather than provisionally (issue #137) -- we're talking all the way back to September 1976. Since he had quit the X-Men, though, back in "Amazing Adventures" #11 (March 1972), and then issues #11-17 of that were his only appearances between "Uncanny X-Men" #66 (March 1970) and "Avengers" #137 (July 1975) ... we're most likely looking at 1975.

Even with the memories of the "Battle of the Atom"-era Young Hank who was around last decade, that only adds back about six years of publication history... Assuming he even gets to have those memories back too ...?

What the hell, yo. We're almost talking about replacing him with an entirely new (old) character. =(

I get that current Beast is beyond recovery, but damn, it never had to come to this to begin with. We're now looking at jettisoning the vast, vast majority of the character's history from when he was still a good person too? The 70s, 80s, 90s, and beyond up to at least late 2012? Hell, even after that ... though the decisions he would have made wouldn't have been the most helpful ones ... even after his myopic behavior really took hold during the 2010s, he at least still usually exhibited Good Beast's good intentions and sense of having some kind of moral event horizon (see: the events leading into Hickman's "Secret Wars," and then during "IvX").

Presumably bringing back pre-Avengers Hank will also become a retread of Young Cyclops struggling with carrying the burden of his older "Hitlerclops" self -- except this time Hitler would actually be an appropriate comparison to make. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It could be possible they pull a Matt Fraction Iron Man and basically reboot a Hank so far before all his shady stuff and controversial character decisions but then just catch him up to what happened and have him react to that.
    ^Lol. I literally had the picture of Tony dressed in a hospital gown at the computer with newspapers etc round him in my head when I read TTM's post. That's certainly a way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Just do what they did with Scarlet Witch and catch him up on everything he's missed
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    can't a telepath just upload everything he's missed into his brain?
    Problem with that is that that’s essentially receiving information about his life second-hand. At best, it’s like watching a film rather than experiencing it. At worst, context is lost due to either the individual not being there or bias being involved due to it coming from another perspective.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Problem with that is that that’s essentially receiving information about his life second-hand. At best, it’s like watching a film rather than experiencing it. At worst, context is lost due to either the individual not being there or bias being involved due to it coming from another perspective.
    very good point I didn't think of it that way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    In the scenes with multiple Beasts I thought they would show them with hearts, clubs, spades, and diamonds on their shorts........
    Yeah, with this coming at the same time of Sins of Sinister, it feels like a pale imitation of the same story.

Where Sinister is cloning and combining mutants with more interesting power sets, Beast considers the best weapon to be ... someone with healing abilities.