Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sounds to me like some of mutants are going to be scattered to the wind come Fall of X, so I welcome that. Logan, for example, being on the run sounds interesting to me. I'm hoping he isn't the only one forced to abandon Krakoa. If the villains take over the island fully, causing the good mutants to flee, I'd expect the Arakko domiciled (Storm and her Brotherhood) and spacebound (Cable, Wiz Kid and S.W.O.R.D.) mutants to play a role as part of the resistance too. Fingers crossed.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sounds to me like some of mutants are going to be scattered to the wind come Fall of X, so I welcome that. Logan, for example, being on the run sounds interesting to me. I'm hoping he isn't the only one forced to abandon Krakoa. If the villains take over the island fully, causing the good mutants to flee, I'd expect the Arakko domiciled (Storm and her Brotherhood) and spacebound (Cable, Wiz Kid and S.W.O.R.D.) mutants to play a role as part of the resistance too. Fingers crossed.
    I haven't read percy's books in awhile but hasn't he been setting up logan not being happy with krakoa and maybe leaving for most of his run

Yeah, he has. But the solicit for the ‘Weapons of Vengeance’ crossover with Ghost Rider this August specifically says that Logan is on the run due to “the shocking events of Fall of X.” Not that he just up and left, but rather is on the run for some reason.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    My attitude in a nutshell for what's become of the X-Men over the last decade. Isolationists on an island, elitists among mutants, decadent galas, consorting with criminals and mass murderers, "resurrection" devices, inconsistent portrayals, ho yay ships... It's all one big clusterf__k of fan fiction between writers and a select niche of comic book readers. Not that my wallet is complaining.
    maybe it is the fault of wokeness?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    maybe it is the fault of wokeness?
    Wokeness in all its ironically myopic and scornful vision. The kind found in writers whose life experiences encompass their liberal arts writing courses and Hollywood aspirations. Who approached the comic industry not with the attitude of responsible custodians but self-fancied trailblazers out to improve it, looking down on their white male predecessors while relying on the female or minority characters created by their white male predecessors. Tell me how that's not a recipe for creative disaster. The MCU now is a shining example of how far shallow platitudes will get you when it's identity-politicized flash over substance.

Extraordinary Member

That garbage has nothing to do with the topic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That garbage has nothing to do with the topic.
    Kindly reread the topic title.

Wokeness in all its ironically myopic and scornful vision. The kind found in writers whose life experiences encompass their liberal arts writing courses and Hollywood aspirations. Who approached the comic industry not with the attitude of responsible custodians but self-fancied trailblazers out to improve it, looking down on their white male predecessors while relying on the female or minority characters created by their white male predecessors. Tell me how that's not a recipe for creative disaster. The MCU now is a shining example of how far shallow platitudes will get you when it's identity-politicized flash over substance.

Isn’t every X-Office writer with an ongoing a white man? Isn’t the head editor a white man? Dislike the content all you want, but the demographics of the “predecessors” aren’t that different than who currently has a stable job in that office.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Isn’t every X-Office writer with an ongoing a white man? Isn’t the head editor a white man? Dislike the content all you want, but the demographics of the “predecessors” aren’t that different than who currently has a stable job in that office.
    A lack of inspiration seems to me a better culprit. And also a lack of love for the characters the way they are, with all their past history… That’s a lot to read, for sure but shouldn’t writers be fans too?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Kindly reread the topic title.
    What does a video that is basically fan fiction for people who need to be outraged at pop culture have to do with the comics?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    LMAO exactly!

Ayala and Hill were the only POCs in the office (that I know of), the latter's book was cancelled and Ayala did a stellar run on New Mutants and now most POC and women writers are only getting minis

Fantastic Member

My attitude in a nutshell for what's become of the X-Men over the last decade. Isolationists on an island, elitists among mutants, decadent galas, consorting with criminals and mass murderers, "resurrection" devices, inconsistent portrayals, ho yay ships... It's all one big clusterf__k of fan fiction between writers and a select niche of comic book readers. Not that my wallet is complaining.
    Haven't liked the X Men in many, many years. They stopped being heroes or likable some time ago. Wish that were otherwise, but with Scott telling the Fantastic Four that Franklin was "welcome at Krakoa," I've lost a great deal of respect for these characters.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    A lack of inspiration seems to me a better culprit. And also a lack of love for the characters the way they are, with all their past history… That’s a lot to read, for sure but shouldn’t writers be fans too?
    Definitely think that writers should be fans, but I don't think being a fan necessarily means reading 60 years worth of comics. Should they have background knowledge? Yes. Should they do research when they find out which characters they're writing? Absolutely. At the same time, I don't need them to mention EVERY single aspect of a character's history when writing them though. And if we're being honest... this is where editorial should be doing their job. There are so little moments where a fun (sometimes necessary) continuity connection could be made, and editorial are clearly sleeping on the job.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 03-21-2023 at 05:49 PM.

I Think Krakoa needs to go foward no go away.

The Uncanny Avengers team is a good news. But this Isolianist instance is bad. Krakoa, The Gala, President Frost upcoming goverment. all that good.

Hope after Fall of X we can expect a "Reborn of X" or "Return to the x" or something like that

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I Think Krakoa needs to go foward no go away.

The Uncanny Avengers team is a good news. But this Isolianist instance is bad. Krakoa, The Gala, President Frost upcoming goverment. all that good.

Hope after Fall of X we can expect a "Reborn of X" or "Return to the x" or something like that
    God I hope not.Last thing that's needed is a return to the Lame Morrison/School Bullshit. (Unless they're all put in a bus and blown up.)
    Last edited by rcaguy; 03-22-2023 at 09:33 AM.