Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I still find it to be an exciting time to be an X-Fan. Not all the books are great but they are using a variety of characters, created new roles and locations, and it feels like there is actual stakes and movement in the their "world".
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

What I am reading

Adjectiveless, Immortal, Red, SOS, x-Force, Wolverine

How I’m liking the status quo

The Krakoa era is my favorite in the entire history of the line except for Claremont’s run. Gillen, in particular, is knocking it out of the park. Judgement Day is one of my all time favorite Marvel Cross-Overs. SOS is not nearly as strong, but Gillen is surpassing expectations.

Thoughts on FoX

Not looking forward to it in particular. Despite my love for Judgement Day, I definitely have event fatigue. I definitely don’t want to see Krakoa come to an end yet and I don’t expect that will be the case. But I’d like Gillen and Ewing to get the chance to have a long uninterrupted run like Percy has had where they can fully flesh out their visions.

What I’m hoping for

Excited about Uncanny Avengers. While Duggan’s X-Men run has been pedestrian, I thought he did a great job on his previous Uncanny A run. Not loving the lineup, but Quicksilver is my spirit animal.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'll be Honest I try to read all books to keep up with the characters. But I do not like anything in the Krakoa era. First it was Moria. Its not the same character. Moria dyed against Mystique brotherhood fonding the cure for the Legacy Virus. This Mutant version isnt her. Also the whole plot and resurrection stuff and Krakoa nation I dont like the setup. Just my opinion. Character wise beast is dead to me that's not beast. Krakoa may stay but I hope the event Fall of X does some good for the X-Men
    X-Men Forever

What I am reading

when it comes out on Unlimited I will read Immortal, force myself to read Red, consider XMen but end up closing out of the window.

otherwise im actively reading Capt Marvel and It’s Jeff, but those aren’t x books.

How I’m liking the status quo

For all the ‘hope for the future of mutant kind’, there’s an awful lot of mutilation, torture, piles of corpses, flesh being blasted off bones, sometimes deaths of the same characters multiple times in one book, over and over, in new and grosser ways. All this horror just leaves me with a feeling of hopeless detachment and ennui. I don’t like anything zombies-related for this same reason, it just fills me with a sense of despair that nothing will be improve, and that I’m helplessly witnessing the encroaching lack of humanity. You know, just like in real life. I’m so tired of so many books being horror, dystopian future horror, aliens horror, slasher/torture horror, monster horror. I can’t deal.

Thoughts on FoX

More of the same? A big kerfuffle revolving around the same dozen mutants we’ve lived with for the last 3+ years before going back to the same 12 mutants in charge.

What I’m hoping for

Apocalypse taken out like the trash he is, hopefully with the Arakki support Storm has gathered around her, with all the iterations Death finally coming in and stabbing the guy dead-dead a la Julius Caesar V The Senate.

I’d like to see Cable kick Apocalypse’s ass, but I’m not sure this crop of X-writers remembers that pretty much the entirety of his upbringing revolved around fighting a future war with the guy. So I don’t expect Nathan to be involved at all. In fact, Ewing pretty much confirmed as much in a recent interview. So that takes him down a peg or two as a writer in my eyes.

But whatever. Wolverine has gotten pretty good so at least I’ve got that to keep me invested in the X-line until the big FoX shakeups. And this crossover with Ghost Rider involving an offshoot of Weapon Plus that is creating super soldiers by tapping into the occult sounds pretty rad actually.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    ... Ewing... pretty much confirmed as much in a recent interview. So that takes him down a peg or two as a writer in my eyes. ...
    How he (they) did Magneto dirty like he did (and before), and by eXtension his fam, already did that for me. And I can say that w/complete confidence, as I was privy to the musings of certain X-office creators on Twitter, who alluded to the idea that he (and his fanbase) needed to be taken out of the way. I guess in their eyes, an even playing field just means... removing the competition.

Well, I tend to just vote with my wallet. Feed me and I feed you. I’m checking out of everything except Wolverine’s solo book until FoX.

BANNED

Same, and all evidence says that we are far from being alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    How he (they) did Magneto dirty like he did (and before), and by eXtension his fam, already did that for me. And I can say that w/complete confidence, as I was privy to the musings of certain X-office creators on Twitter, who alluded to the idea that he (and his fanbase) needed to be taken out of the way. I guess in their eyes, an even playing field just means... removing the competition.
    That's honestly my biggest pet peeve here. Quite honestly I couldn't care less about your plot if the characters in it don't act like they should and their established relationships and history are completely ignored just so your plot can work. The characters are the actual interesting part that people show up for. If you don't respect that then what are you even doing?

Magneto dies. Does his family got something to say about it? Nah.
    Destiny gets revived. Do we involve Rogue in a story that involves her two mothers? Nah, not necessary.
    The Cable/Apocalypse thing that Jackraow21 mentioned. Again nope.
    Basically the entire Dark Web event. There is so much wrong with how several characters acted in this.
    Laura suddenly having an Adamantium skeleton when that has never been a thing before. That's a basic thing that a writer should know about.

Please feel free to add more examples to this list because Im very sure there are a ton more of these and it doesn't shine a good light on the people involved.
    "This is me being reasonable"

What I want to know is if they're gonna give the man, co-founder of the mutant nation, a funeral or memorial service or something. I guess that can still happen but with Sins currently running it'll feel very late.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That's honestly my biggest pet peeve here. Quite honestly I couldn't care less about your plot if the characters in it don't act like they should and their established relationships and history are completely ignored just so your plot can work. The characters are the actual interesting part that people show up for. If you don't respect that then what are you even doing?

Destiny gets revived. Do we involve Rogue in a story that involves her two mothers? Nah, not necessary.
    Basically the entire Dark Web event. There is so much wrong with how several characters acted in this.
    Laura suddenly having an Adamantium skeleton when that has never been a thing before. That's a basic thing that a writer should know about.

Please feel free to add more examples to this list because Im very sure there are a ton more of these and it doesn't shine a good light on the people involved.
    At least they acknowledged the Laura adamantium skeleton screw up.

What are you reading:
    New Mutants: I will probably read anything with this title no matter how bad. Pure. Bias. Wolfsbane is my favorite character.
    Red. Fun. Exciting. Great.
    Immortal: Fun. Exciting. Great.
    Marauders: I don't know why I enjoy this book so much. It's kind of gone really crazy lately.
    Sabertooth: Pretty interesting.

Maybe:
    Excalibur: Kinda meh on the previous runs.

/not reading,
    Legion: I just don't find it interesting. Kinda sick of Legion as a character.
    X-Force: It's so boring. I hear it's finally going somewhere but why did it take this long? Shame. I love Domino.
    Wolverine: Not one of my favs so I just never thought to bother.
    Sos: Um . . . Seems alright but maybe not as big a deal as I thought it would be. At least not yet.
    Bishop: War College: Sounded interesting but doesn't seem like a must read based on videos I've watched.

are you looking forward to what Fall of X may bring and the preceding Before the Fall mini era?
    Honestly don't know anything about it apart from the title and I don't usually read solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What I want to know is if they're gonna give the man, co-founder of the mutant nation, a funeral or memorial service or something. I guess that can still happen but with Sins currently running it'll feel very late.
    I’m honestly so surprised we didn’t get a “Death of Magneto” one-shot or something to say farewell to the character. Marvel loves to milk stuff like, and IIRC Cable got an issue focused on Hope and Jean grieving him after he was killed off in Extermination. My only hope for some proper acknowledgment of his passing is for them to include something in the upcoming Hellfire Gala. It’d be very delayed but at least it’s something.

The current era isn’t about feelings and relationships. It’s more a concept, oddly disembodied.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

DAMN, you NAILED IT, especially THIS!!!! MARVEL seems to have lost their way across the board, and they need to find their way back, ASAP!!!!

The CHARACTERS should ALWAYS come FIRST, ABOVE ALL ELSE!!! The STORIES HAVE TO SERVE THEM, NOT the OTHER WAY AROUND!!
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 03-19-2023 at 05:43 AM.