Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Utterly garbage.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Maybe Paul been in this post apocalyptic landscape without a woman in who knows a number of years and he sees MJ the first woman and got the idea bs idea to send her bf home
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I always knew Paul was a scumbag, but this literally goes beyond the pale. I can't believe this storyline was given the greenlight, are they insane?
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Maybe Paul been in this post apocalyptic landscape without a woman in who knows a number of years and he sees MJ the first woman and got the idea bs idea to send her bf home
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Typical Paul. That's why WE LIKE HIM
    end of spoilers

Looks like the predictions were correct. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Why is everyone in the Spiders fourm so Negative about spiderman stores.There has to be somebody who likes it
    Because we’re kinda tired of these stories that make Peter look like a chump and stories that are controversial just for the sake of coasting by on controversy. This run has not been good, at all and after this issue, I’m pretty sure a lot of people can predict with relative accuracy where certain plot points are going to go especially now that we have an answer to the opening scene of the run. This mystery box has not been worth the wait.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Because we’re kinda tired of these stories that make Peter look like a chump and stories that are controversial just for the sake of coasting by on controversy. This run has not been good, at all and after this issue, I’m pretty sure a lot of people can predict with relative accuracy where certain plot points are going to go especially now that we have an answer to the opening scene of the run. This mystery box has not been worth the wait.
    Funny now to see that it spoilers:
    wasn't Peter...or MJ, but Paul that caused the crater to happen
    end of spoilers

Why is everyone in the Spiders fourm so Negative about spiderman stores.There has to be somebody who likes it
    simple answer Peter isnt in a relationship with Mary Jane so all his comics sucks. I like them enough to continue reading
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    simple answer Peter isnt in a relationship with Mary Jane so all his comics sucks. I like them enough to continue reading
    No it's that there's many things wrong can point to how dark web was done with how Maddie got what she wanted to turned Chasm into a child and the plotting wasn't done well at all

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    And Wells brought back Digger who was just as obscure, so it’s possible… Paul is definitely shady, if nothing else.
    Man I forgot about Digger lol.

'Cause this is fanfiction quality writing as far as I hear, and while fanfictions are okay as just that, an official product being like this, where you pay to read garbage, isn't as fun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Funny now to see that it spoilers:
    wasn't Peter...or MJ, but Paul that caused the crater to happen
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Either this is bad writing still, or it's a hint that Paul may actually be Spidey lol
    end of spoilers

And if it's not the second one it's just a dumb mystery, which's, typical of mystery boxes I guess...

Not that I want the second one to happen, just pointing out that Marvel would be telling a big lie, well, if it's as you described lol.

Spidey/MJ being suddenly sunk.

Mystery Box.

Everything about Ben.

Spidey losing every battle.

Dark Web.

Revealing relevant info in a fucking recap.

And these are just stuff I heard and bothered remembering lol.

While Spidey not being with MJ is a thing that makes plenty of fans butthurt, if this run had them together, but still all of these elements (Plus whatever other fuckups Wells is doing), it would still be pretty detested, obviously not as much, but it'd still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    No it's that there's many things wrong can point to how dark web was done with how Maddie got what she wanted to turned Chasm into a child and the plotting wasn't done well at all
    Madelyne getting everything she wanted while she gets away with the bullshit she pulled during the story itself is just so, so bad, and it gets worse if you know a bit more about Krakoa (Cable, her son, is still around and she makes no effort to contact him), or her past (The story completely glosses over that she tried to kill Cable so they can pretend that Madelyne was only ever a sad mother).

The fucking embassy too, man, that's like a shitpost that accidentally got officially published.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member

Come on now, you are well aware of the plenty of other reason people aren’t enjoying this run. Reducing it down to “people don’t like it because MJ and Peter aren’t together” is completely dishonest

Astonishing Member

Look guys, on the bright side Rek-Rap hasn’t appeared.

I’ll have a lot to say about this issue tomorrow night. It’s beyond the paul a bit to try and build a character up as the ultimate bad ass in only a few pages, buy this is a recurring problem with Marvel books.

You don't need to be this reductive.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 03-21-2023 at 02:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Look guys, on the bright side Rek-Rap hasn’t appeared.

I’ll have a lot to say about this issue tomorrow night. It’s beyond the paul a bit to try and build a character up as the ultimate bad ass in only a few pages, buy this is a recurring problem with Marvel books.
    Plenty of unearned situations. An awful pattern of that.

I see the Paul thing as a classic character usage from a TV writer stand point. Take Smallville season 4 for example. Jason was a guy Lana meets in france. Nice guy and everyone likes him. As the season goes on goes from coach to a treasure hunter badass but then is revealed to be the son of one of the seasons baddies then is revealed to be evil as well. Same thing is kind of happening with Paul but in a more condensed fashion

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Do you like it?
    well i haven't got it yet.But it can't be that bad