Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I am thinking that might be the case but...and this sounds totally stupid but...what If Paul is actually Peter and Mary Jane's son from the future?
    See now you’re on the right track. This is the level of stupid I’m thinking could happen

At this point speculating crazy theories is more entertaining than reading the actual issues .

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    See now you’re on the right track. This is the level of stupid I’m thinking could happen
    I don't think I can go any dumber than that, typing that sentence up hurt my brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point speculating crazy theories is more entertaining than reading the actual issues .
    Right? So much more fun.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I don't think I can go any dumber than that, typing that sentence up hurt my brains.

Right? So much more fun.
    How about Paul is actually Aunt May and Uncle Ben's long lost son who was kidnapped at birth?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    How about Paul is actually Aunt May and Uncle Ben's long lost son who was kidnapped at birth?
    And he got sent to the Mayan Underworld! That's such a big dumb soap opera-y twist that it has to be true! What a twist!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

I am thinking that might be the case but...and this sounds totally stupid but...what If Paul is actually Peter and Mary Jane's son from the future?
    So why's he cock blocking his own dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Moira Jane is still my favorite shitpost lol.

Don't underestimate yourself man, I'm sure you'll come up with something even better to torture all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    And Mephisto is the one who kidnapped him too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So why's he cock blocking his own dad?

Don't underestimate yourself man, I'm sure you'll come up with something even better to torture all of us.
    1. I...don't know. Probably has something to do with the marks of sacrifice or some nonsense.

2. You are just in luck, after much brain-hurting/thinking, I came up with...What If Paul is an alternate version of Peter who is also the son of Peter and Mary Jane but he was spawned by a temporal paradox involving the Mayan Underworld and Benjamin Rabin and that is where the kids come from...who are not Peter and MJ's kids but...actually alternate versions of Peter and MJ who are/will be part of the temporal paradox that will come to create Paul? Phew! I think I lost some braincells coming up with that one!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-18-2023 at 03:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

You are just in luck, after much brain-hurting/thinking, I came up with...What If Paul is an alternate version of Peter who is also the son of Peter and Mary Jane but he was spawned by a temporal paradox involving the Mayan Underworld and Benjamin Rabin and that is where the kids come from...who are not Peter and MJ's kids but...actually another Peter and MJ who are part of the temporal paradox that will come to create Paul? Phew! I think I lost some braincells coming up with that one!
    Sounds like story from Dark.

1. I...don't know. Probably has something to do with the marks of sacrifice or some nonsense.
    Is marrying his own mother offscreen part of this sacrifice too?

2. You are just in luck, after much brain-hurting/thinking, I came up with...What If Paul is an alternate version of Peter who is also the son of Peter and Mary Jane but he was spawned by a temporal paradox involving the Mayan Underworld and Benjamin Rabin and that is where the kids come from...who are not Peter and MJ's kids but...actually alternate versions of Peter and MJ who are/will be part of the temporal paradox that will come to create Paul? Phew! I think I lost some braincells coming up with that one!
    So at any point will Paul try to make MJ give birth to himself? 'Cause I feel this shitpost isn't complete without that.

Is marrying his own mother offscreen part of this sacrifice too?
    Actually, I think the whole thing about MJ being married to Paul was a mistake that wasn't supposed to see print. They literally have not brought it up since and not once have they shown Paul and MJ wearing wedding rings of any sort.

So at any point will Paul try to make MJ give birth to himself? 'Cause I feel this shitpost isn't complete without that.
    Sure, whatever floats your boat.

Actually, I think the whole thing about MJ being married to Paul was a mistake that wasn't supposed to see print. They literally have not brought it up since and not once have they shown Paul and MJ wearing wedding rings of any sort.
    Marvel seeing marriages as a mistake, that sounds familiar.

Sure, whatever floats your boat.
    Let's also throw another plot point on this, one no one would ever see it coming:

spoilers:
    Have Paul and Spidey switch bodies, and this starts Spidey's own "Superior Paul" arc.
    end of spoilers

Now be honest, how many of y'all expected me to say something about kids being snacked like fast food? .

Marvel seeing marriages as a mistake, that sounds familiar.
    I know, right? Where have I heard that one before...oh, wait.

Let's also throw another plot point on this, one no one would ever see it coming:

spoilers:
    Have Paul and Spidey switch bodies, and this starts Spidey's own "Superior Paul" arc.
    end of spoilers

Now be honest, how many of y'all expected me to say something about kids being snacked like fast food? .
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-18-2023 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Peter is knocked down with just one hit from the dinosaur? Why is Wells' Peter so pathetic and weak? Why does he constantly get nerfed? Even Slott's Peter didn't get nerfed this much.
    I don't think any previous comics established that Peter was so strong that particular magic dinosaur couldn't knock him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Dishonest response, but whatever.
    How is it dishonest?

The writer of the story paced it for a particular schedule. If Amazing Spider-Man were a monthly title, pacing for the revelations would be slightly different. We could figure that the Wells/ Romita Jr issues would be in one monthly title, and there would be another one for the other stories (IE- the Living Brain saga, Dark Web, the Hellfire Gala/ Extinction Day tie-ins.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think any previous comics established that Peter was so strong that particular magic dinosaur couldn't knock him down.
    I think it's just the repetition of Peter getting beat up and being practically useless in these stories.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spider-Man losing isn’t a problem. Spider-Man losing again and again, frequently while putting up an absolutely pathetic fight, in a run where he has barely been a factor in saving the day a single time, is a problem. A huge one.