Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I hope you are right, but until it is proven otherwise, I remain highly skeptical of Marvel's intentions with this half-assed train wreck of a "story". I do not trust them and I have no reason to.
    This story is a mess. They didn't plot this out at all. And plot holes and inconsistencies are everywhere. I don't blame you at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    From what I'm hearing, Spidey in Wells' ASM is even worse lol.
    Indeed. He loses every fight on his own. I still don't understand why Tombstone's manacles were so unbreakable to Spidey.

It is extremely troubling that Marvel seems to be implying that Mary Jane had Paul's children while clearly under the mentally-debilitating effects of Stockholm Syndrome that came about as a result of her being trapped in a parallel universe by the disheveled servant of a false god, which is how this story is reading, intentional or not. However, I don't think Marvel is allowed to go that far regardless of how they feel about Mary Jane, it would be career suicide for anyone involved, would it not?
    Would it? This is the same company that thought it was okay to make Cindy, and that definitely wasn't career suicide for Slott, he even kinda boasted about having created her like, today lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    If you want something to fail, the best way to accomplish that is to not try at all.

If I had that attitude, I can think of a number of things that wouldn't be out in the world right now: Mr. Negative, Screwball, Spider-Island, Horizon Labs, Max Modell, Superior Spider-Man, Anna Maria Marconi, Spider-Verse, Silk, Renew Your Vows, Red Goblin, etc.
    And while Cindy didn't remain terrible, holy shit that introduction, I read her article on the wiki and thought it was an out of date april fools joke, it was just, unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel is not going to Avengers 200 this.
    Can we really say they deserve that much trust?

I think they are going to reveal that Paul and MJ aren't actually a couple.
    Didn't MJ call him "honey"? Because if the intention is to say they aren't a couple then this just looks weird, and best case scenario would be "The characters are talking like this to throw off the reader".

I hope you are right, but until it is proven otherwise, I remain highly skeptical of Marvel's intentions with this half-assed train wreck of a "story". I do not trust them and I have no reason to.
    Yeah, trusting Marvel is like putting a big steak in front of a dog and expect him to not eat it, after he ate steaks in front of you multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Indeed. He loses every fight on his own. I still don't understand why Tombstone's manacles were so unbreakable to Spidey.
    There are things that can be strong enough for Spidey to not break, it happened even back in JMS' run when Ezekiel was willing to let Spidey be killed by the Gatekeeper, so you can say this isn't that bad.

The problem is, having this happen, while he's humiliated so much, it makes a "Why can't he break this?" look worse simply because he doesn't compensate for it anywhere else, 'cause few will complain about Spidey not breaking out in JMS' run when he is shown to be competent more often than not, but if Spidey is incapable to break whatever metal, while also not managing to put on his underwear without needing daddy Norman's help, him not looking that strong while overall just being incompetent, man...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel is not going to Avengers 200 this.

I think they are going to reveal that Paul and MJ aren't actually a couple.
    I mean folks, where’s the lie.

Other than the two part filler neither couple has been shown to actually you know be a couple

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I mean folks, where’s the lie.

Other than the two part filler neither couple has been shown to actually you know be a couple
    Paul and MJ have zero chemistry… which is hilarious because it’s not like they’re actors who clash on set. They’re fictional characters. Wells could write them as a close and loving couple if he wanted. Instead their interactions are just flat and lifeless.

Astonishing Member

The lack of any foreshadowing in the previous 20 issues clearly indicate that the answer was reverse-engeniereed after the set-up. Also, even the explanations of the little details details are pretty feeble. The spider-shaped device that Peter was holding? It was made by Paul and was shaped as a spider just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I really hope, long shot I know, that the spider-verse movies reference this and show Spider-man saving her finally.
    isnt spiderman unlimited the sequel to this 90s show so he did save her right
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    The lack of any foreshadowing in the previous 20 issues clearly indicate that the answer was reverse-engeniereed after the set-up. Also, even the explanations of the little details details are pretty feeble. The spider-shaped device that Peter was holding? It was made by Paul and was shaped as a spider just a coincidence.
    Didn’t even need the 20 issues for that conclusion. Pretty sure that an interview from Wells last year pretty much confirmed that this run has no actual plan and is just him coming up with this stuff on the fly, kicking it down the road and hoping he can justify/resolve it by then. He basically outright admitted it when it came to the mystery box and Chasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    isnt spiderman unlimited the sequel to this 90s show so he did save her right
    No, Unlimited isn't the sequel to the 1990s show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Didn't MJ call him "honey"? Because if the intention is to say they aren't a couple then this just looks weird, and best case scenario would be "The characters are talking like this to throw off the reader".
    Whatever the original plan was has been thrown out the window. (There was no original plan and they made it up as they went along.)

I do find it funny that "what did Peter do?" basically turned out to be "what Paul and MJ did."

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do find it funny that "what did Peter do?" basically turned out to be "what Paul and MJ did."
    Technically MJ sent Peter home to protect him and Paul is the one who caused the crater. So it's mostly on Paul. What a shift in the who plot narrative

You know it’s interesting how apparently when a god goes down they go up in an explosion like a Power Rangers monster. Guess we must’ve just missed that the numerous times we’ve seen gods die in the past.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Technically MJ sent Peter home to protect him and Paul is the one who caused the crater. So it's mostly on Paul. What a shift in the who plot narrative
    In other words what did Peter do? Answer: Nothing wrong. Not surprised in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    In other words what did Peter do? Answer: Nothing wrong. Not surprised in the least.
    All it means is that the crater isn't what pissed people off.