Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m looking forward to those kids being retconned by the end of Wells’ run and then never being referred to in the books again for 30 years until some random writer who remembers this subplot brings them up again out of nowhere lol.
    100 percent think this is what’ll happen someday. Only referenced in top 10 how dumb was that lists

Peter is still pathetic and he needs to be saved (by Paul), and MJ continues to be weak willed.

Wells is a terrible Spider-Man writer. Pack it up. There's no redeeming this crap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Peter is still pathetic and he needs to be saved (by Paul), and MJ continues to be weak willed.

Wells is a terrible Spider-Man writer. Pack it up. There's no redeeming this crap.

Yeah. This is the same Spider-Man who took on Morlun, Juggernaut and Fire-Lord? Hmmn…. okay.

If it is indeed Paul rescuing him, the only upside will be checking out that hilarious Paul Watson Twitter account’s take on it.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 03-16-2023 at 04:52 PM.

I know that Spider-Man is sometimes outmatched, but with the exception of #19-#20, he has jobbed to every villain he's faced so far. It's absolutely insane. Norman helping CAN be an asset, yeah. But almost every time? Wells is aware that Peter was Spider-Man for years before Norman turned good right?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I know that Spider-Man is sometimes outmatched, but with the exception of #19-#20, he has jobbed to every villain he's faced so far. It's absolutely insane. Norman helping CAN be an asset, yeah. But almost every time? Wells is aware that Peter was Spider-Man for years before Norman turned good right?
    10+ years, to be somewhat precise, and considering the resources Norman could bring to bear, Peter more than held his own in their actual fights.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I’m looking forward to those kids being retconned by the end of Wells’ run and then never being referred to in the books again for 30 years until some random writer who remembers this subplot brings them up again out of nowhere lol.
    Knowing Marvel Editorial you'll likely have a long wait. This solves the PeterxMJ "problem" as they see.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    Making the hero of the book completely incompetent so he can be saved by the writer’s new pet character is sure to make said character catch on!!

Kill me
    Hahaha, yeah, that never ends well.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Yeah. This is the same Spider-Man who took on Morlun, Juggernaut and Fire-Lord? Hmmn…. okay.

If it is indeed Paul rescuing him, the only upside will be checking out that hilarious Paul Watson Twitter account’s take on it.
    I have a feeling that’s how this is going. Peter needing Paul’s help, says hey if anything happens to me look after MJ random dude I just met, and viola

Peter's been slightly nerfed since the coma situation. But I don't know if that's been intentional at this point in the story. But heroes powers and abilities are never consistent in comic books. It's why the Flash can brag about being able to perceive actions in less than an attosecond and then a few issues later get shot by an ice gun or taken out by a Boomerang.

Whatever they are facing will be strong enough to put them in danger for whatever story they're in. It's why Stan Lee said that it's all about whomever the writer wants to win, and that changes between writers.

Spider-man will bench press a skyscraper and tank juggernaut under some stories, and will be taken to the limit by Grimlock in another.

Peter is meant to eventually get a boost to his powers at some point during this run so I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm more interested in if the masked vigilante is Paul.
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-16-2023 at 08:54 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Peter's been slightly nerfed since the coma situation. But I don't know if that's been intentional at this point in the story. But heroes powers and abilities are never consistent in comic books. It's why the Flash can brag about being able to perceive actions in less than an attosecond and then a few issues later get shot by an ice gun or taken out by a Boomerang.

Whatever they are facing will be strong enough to put them in danger for whatever story they're in. It's why Stan Lee said that it's all about whomever the writer wants to win, and that changes between writers.

Spider-man will bench press a skyscraper and tank juggernaut under some stories, and will be taken to the limit by Grimlock in another.

Peter is meant to eventually get a boost to his powers at some point during this run so I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm more interested in if the masked vigilante is Paul.
    The power boost happens in Slott's run and we don't know how long it will last.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    The power boost happens in Slott's run and we don't know how long it will last.
    It's Slott so..... whenever it's relevant to the story.

Comics and abilities between writers is like that scene between Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny where Daffy is falling down a cliff and Bugs is standing there going
    "I wonder if that silly Duck will remember that he can fly."
    THUD!
    "Well.. guess not."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Knowing Marvel Editorial you'll likely have a long wait. This solves the PeterxMJ "problem" as they see.
    This is exactly what I've been saying since we "learned" MJ and Paul are married, which also makes me believe those are really her kids. Marvel editorial wants to move backwards from Spenser and put a nail into the coffin of Peter/MJ marriage fans. (A group which I think Lowe and company consider to be pretty toxic.) So how do you do it? Give Mary Jane a long established marriage with kids. (Long established only in terms of who knows how long time moves in this other reality)

To all the people thinking Paul and the kids are finished after this arc, I don't see it at all. In the 15 years since OMD editorial has shown no impulse to give fans what they've been asking for with this relationship, and they're not going to start now. (I'm sure Spenser was just a one off that only happened because Quesada signed off on it, and he's gone.) This is the same thing they tried to do during the clone saga when Peter and Mary Jane left the book to go to Portland. They had to backtrack then because it left them with a Spider-Man book without Peter, but now they can put the marriage in a box and still have a Peter centric Spider-Man comic.

If they're going into the backstory right now, of how Paul and MJ met, or how their relationship started or happened that's definitely one way to do it. People asking "Who's Paul? Are the kids hers? What did Peter do!?!?" All about to be likely answered in flashback before returning to present day.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    If they're going into the backstory right now, of how Paul and MJ met, or how their relationship started or happened that's definitely one way to do it. People asking "Who's Paul? Are the kids hers? What did Peter do!?!?" All about to be likely answered in flashback before returning to present day.
    If it was drawn out more maybe, but he said nothing he is doing is permanent so the kids and Paul sound more like a red herring type thing and if anything them coming from an alternate timeline or something similar doesn't look good for them as if you remove the threat that inadvertently created them then you remove them from existing so in the end this arc will be like a soft reset in a way for a filler arc year to close out the run. Which will be like the last 100 episodes of Naruto. Which makes Felicia a filler gf for the run and that's just sad

Superpowers not being consistent it's ok to a certain degree , but I feel Spidey has been continually nerfed since they removed the Other upgrades, with Spencer and Wells setting new lows.
    And not just in terms of raw power, but also when ignoring the experience from someone who's been fighting since he was 17 years old or the fact that he was in the conversation when talking about the smartest guys in the MU. Also he's switched his "indomitable will against all odds" trait for a "let's feel miserable 24/7 and wait for someone else to fix things" one.
    All of those are non-factors for Wells, his take on what it makes to be Spider-man seems to be just the most average guy possible.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in both Spencer & Wells runs Peter needed a suit in order to upgrade his "powers". I mean, that just proves how much they've weakened the character (not that the "enhancements" make any difference, he continues to get beaten 99% of the times xd)
    Last edited by vhm74; 03-17-2023 at 06:47 AM.