Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I remember there was a goof with Shriek’s name in the 90s, and then subsequent writers had to explain why she had two names. But that was due to two different writers not being aware the other had already named her. This Romy/Stephanie character is conceived and fully written by Zeb Wells and being one of MJ’s kids means she’s important enough to be directly connected to its mystery-box storyline so it’s not like it’s Pete’s landlord or someone unimportant.. … so, it’s amusing, but it is definitely next-level sloppy. Some blame also has to be put on Lowe and other editorial assistants for not spotting it before it went to print.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I swear this series is a roller coaster. Now this was a really strong issue. The weakest part for me is kamala doesn't sound like herself and comes off as 30 instead of her age where as on the flip in past issues peter was getting that voice but i loved Peter's voice in this. mentioning the totems, figuring out what the device was and how to fix it. The banter about Johnny keep trying to give MJ his number. Really enjoyed MJ jumping in to save Peter too and liked that it didn't feel forced. the art once again was top notch and the letterer really showed up. Easily the best issue of Amazing in quite some time. Really looking forward to issue 23.

Some of my fave panels.
    Attachment 130476
    Attachment 130477
    Attachment 130478
    I agree with you on this run thus far being a rollercoaster, though alas, rollercoasters are supposed to be fun. That aside, I am glad we're starting to finally get answers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think if you're asking the audience to become invested in your story, you can't be making these kinds of mistakes. Particularly when you're asking your audience to become invested in a controversial storyline.
    That's irrelevant to the point Mister Mets was making.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I swear this series is a roller coaster. Now this was a really strong issue. The weakest part for me is kamala doesn't sound like herself and comes off as 30 instead of her age where as on the flip in past issues peter was getting that voice but i loved Peter's voice in this. mentioning the totems, figuring out what the device was and how to fix it. The banter about Johnny keep trying to give MJ his number. Really enjoyed MJ jumping in to save Peter too and liked that it didn't feel forced. the art once again was top notch and the letterer really showed up. Easily the best issue of Amazing in quite some time. Really looking forward to issue 23.

Some of my fave panels.
    Attachment 130476
    Attachment 130477
    Attachment 130478
    Peter feeling like a genius again is fantastic :P

I'm glad that we're getting more answers now. It was getting to the point I'd suggest to people to just wait till May 10th, 2023 and then get Issue 25.
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-26-2023 at 01:20 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Peter feeling like a genius again is fantastic :P

I'm glad that we're getting more answers now. It was getting to the point I'd suggest to people to just wait till May 10th, 2023 and then get Issue 25.
    Indeed. It's good to see Peter demonstrating his intelligence and the breadth and depth of his knowledge and expertise, as well as his experience.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I saw an interesting theory about the covers to ASM #27 and #28 on Twitter. They are actually the same cover but from two different zooms and camera angles. 27, which shows the reflections of Classic Spidey and Black Cat in Otto's goggles, is how Otto sees them. 28, with Oscorp Suit Spidey and The Gold Goblin, is how they're actually suited up. Meaning, of course, that Felicia is the one wearing The Gold Goblin armor not Norman! Which means Norman is going to die in #26!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-26-2023 at 08:01 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I saw an interesting theory about the covers to ASM #27 and #28 on Twitter. They are actually the same cover but from two different zooms and camera angles. 27, which shows the reflections of Classic Spidey and Black Cat in Otto's goggles, is how Otto sees them. 28, with Oscorp Suit Spidey and The Gold Goblin, is how they're actually suited up. Meaning, of course, that Felicia is the one wearing The Gold Goblin armor not Norman! Which means Norman is going to die in #26!
    That's an interesting theory!

I mean, it's not out of the question that Norman die. It's not like he doesn't deserve it for everything he's done. More over, him being, say, sacrificed to the Mayan god of death and mischief probably sets up an eventual return of the mischevious green goblin. ;P

As much as he deserves it, though, Gold Goblin and Red Goblin have made the Osborn corner of the universe the most interesting it has been in years. It'd be a shame to lose Norman before that corner can be more thoroughly mined.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. It's good to see Peter demonstrating his intelligence and the breadth and depth of his knowledge and expertise, as well as his experience.
    It's really interesting because the one image of him struggling with the dinosaur had people screaming that Peter was getting disrespected again. But then in the actual issue he's as close to the Peter Parker people remember than they'd argue he's been for the entire run. Considering it's a flashback before everything went to hell and traumatized him that's also understandable.

I can't wait for Paul being killed slowly and painfully.

That's be pretty cool.

I guess the way the body's posed there could be a woman's body under there. and it's just crunched up enough that you might not notice the chest? I dunno.
    It's really interesting because the one image of him struggling with the dinosaur had people screaming that Peter was getting disrespected again. But then in the actual issue he's as close to the Peter Parker people remember than they'd argue he's been for the entire run. Considering it's a flashback before everything went to hell and traumatized him that's also understandable.
    I mean, I don't think that one moment negates how often Peter's gotten beaten up and needed to be saved across this entire run and I don't think that's an intentional story point on Wells' part that it's because he's been off his game the whole run because of what's happening in the flashback.

Or maybe it is. It's really hard to tell at this point.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the way the body's posed there could be a woman's body under there. and it's just crunched up enough that you might not notice the chest? I dunno.
    She could have her chest taped down like Echo did when she was Ronin.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

In an issue full of underwhelming developments/reveals, the most baffling to me is Spider-man's mask.

There is no reason for him to run around the apocalypse with his mask off, get into fights without pulling his mask on, have conversations with a stranger without concern for his mask, and then randomly decide to pull his mask on for the fight with a Skeleton. The only reason for him to put on the mask for the final fight, is so that they can have the Skeleton tear his mask during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean, I don't think that one moment negates how often Peter's gotten beaten up and needed to be saved across this entire run and I don't think that's an intentional story point on Wells' part that it's because he's been off his game the whole run because of what's happening in the flashback.

Or maybe it is. It's really hard to tell at this point.
    It's hard to tell but it depends, if Peter continues to feel like the Peter we all knew prior to everything going to heck in a handbasket, we can assume it's intentional. Because from the last issue it's not like they somehow forgot how to write Peter. Or at least it seems that way. It depends on how consistent he remains in this flashback version of him. If it flip flops then yeah it means they just caught it for that one issue. But if it's consistent it means that it was intentional, or at least that's what we can deduce from it. That whatever happened threw him off his game and he's slowly trying to find a way back.

I guess it all depends mostly on what he did.

It's hard to tell but it depends, if Peter continues to feel like the Peter we all knew prior to everything going to heck in a handbasket, we can assume it's intentional. Because from the last issue it's not like they somehow forgot how to write Peter. Or at least it seems that way. It depends on how consistent he remains in this flashback version of him. If it flip flops then yeah it means they just caught it for that one issue. But if it's consistent it means that it was intentional, or at least that's what we can deduce from it. That whatever happened threw him off his game and he's slowly trying to find a way back.

I guess it all depends mostly on what he did.
    I just don't feel like Wells has established a lot of goodwill on that front, particularly considering all the stories he'd written at this point and even remembering some of his BND stories.