Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I wonder if Ms marvel becomes Spider-Man's crime fighting partner

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if Ms marvel becomes Spider-Man's crime fighting partner
    Hopefully not with Wells writing it. His voice for Kamala is...not great, to say the least.

Astonishing Member

It's not like his voice is great for anyone is this book, except maybe Tombstone, lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Um...I want to say over or less than a hundred weeks of daily issues?
    Two years of monthly issues is 24 issues. So if it was daily issues it would be like only 3.5 weeks lol

But you did say less than

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    6 months worth of weekly issues!
    Dishonest response, but whatever.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Two years of monthly issues is 24 issues. So if it was daily issues it would be like only 3.5 weeks lol

But you did say less than
    I had to cover all my bases, lol.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    And over in Daredevil's book, he's important enough for Cap and Tony to call in to help stop Daredevil.
    Yup, Chip Zdarsky's the only one that has portrayed an accurate Spider-man since ages.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    But still gets so beaten up by the queen goblin that Norman was forced to kill her
    Technically, she was trying to force Norman's sins into him, and that was after he utterly humiliated her in that last fight before she got her hands on him. That was what prompted Norman to kill her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Does Kamala know Norman was the Green Goblin? Because she definitely knows he's Gold Goblin based on that page.
    How would she not know? It's public knowledge that Norman is Green Goblin lol.

I know that Spider-Man is sometimes outmatched, but with the exception of #19-#20, he has jobbed to every villain he's faced so far. It's absolutely insane. Norman helping CAN be an asset, yeah. But almost every time? Wells is aware that Peter was Spider-Man for years before Norman turned good right?
    Of course he is aware, we all know Spidey started in BND .

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Peter's been slightly nerfed since the coma situation. But I don't know if that's been intentional at this point in the story. But heroes powers and abilities are never consistent in comic books. It's why the Flash can brag about being able to perceive actions in less than an attosecond and then a few issues later get shot by an ice gun or taken out by a Boomerang.
    There "Heroes can vary in competence" and there's "Daddy Norman I need help", and from what I tend to hear it's, annoyingly consistent on this run.

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    Superpowers not being consistent it's ok to a certain degree , but I feel Spidey has been continually nerfed since they removed the Other upgrades, with Spencer and Wells setting new lows.
    Let's not ignore Slott nerfing Spidey just so he can be rescued by whatever random character, which looks ridiculous whenever Slott forgets about Spider-Fu (Which's almost all the damn time).

Edit: Forgot to mention that in both Spencer & Wells runs Peter needed a suit in order to upgrade his "powers". I mean, that just proves how much they've weakened the character (not that the "enhancements" make any difference, he continues to get beaten 99% of the times xd)
    Spencer's upgraded suit was short lived anyways, definitely lasted less than whatever Slott used lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Amazing was the best selling comic last month and the Dark Web finale was #3. This isn't a "using sales as a defense post" either.

Like I said in the OMD/Marriage thread, if you really dislike a book you need to actually drop it. Not keep hate reading it.
    People have a real hard time to break from habits, even if one that makes 'em miserable, it's pretty dumb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is saying something because of how often Slott had Peter get beat up and need to be saved by another character.

I dunno...do people actually enjoy this? The protagonist being basically useless all the time?
    I honestly doubt that, I've been in discussions about these things and at worst we have readers who have a sadistic glee to see a character miserable, but that's more about the personal life than hero effectiveness, 'cause if a character loses fights too much they're seen as annoying losers.

A lot of times we have a "whatever" feel too, as in they don't care enough about the character to see them losing, but that is less likely gonna happen in a franchise that has Spidey as the protagonist, since, y'know, main character and all.

Also, main characters are a lot of times seen different compared to the other characters, which a lot of readers or viewers wanting better things for that character just because he's the main character (And we can have hilarious cases of missing the point, like whenever a Breaking Bad fan claims Walter is the story's hero), so making Spidey lose like this is just questionable.

Meanwhile over in other books, Spider-Man's doing stuff like completely standing up to the Avengers. Hell in Norman's book, he uses those years of experience to completely clown Goblin Queen. And over in Daredevil's book, he's important enough for Cap and Tony to call in to help stop Daredevil.

It's ridiculous that he needs the most help in his own book.
    Clearly he uses all of his competence whenever he shows up in other comics and is too tired to be effective in ASM .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Dishonest response, but whatever.
    It's true! It's math!

Meanwhile over in other books, Spider-Man's doing stuff like completely standing up to the Avengers. Hell in Norman's book, he uses those years of experience to completely clown Goblin Queen. And over in Daredevil's book, he's important enough for Cap and Tony to call in to help stop Daredevil.
    It's not entirely unusual for superheroes to be more competent in team-up books. Back when I last read Batman, he was a hyper-competent but still fallible hero whose villains were frequently able to outsmart him in the middle of the story in his own books, and an unstoppable force of nature and unbeatable chessmaster in the Justice League.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I just had a thought. The kids...could they be the physical manifestations of those marks of sacrifice that Rabin put on Peter and MJ?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

I just had a thought. The kids...could they be the physical manifestations of those marks of sacrifice that Rabin put on Peter and MJ?
    It could be, all posibilities are game when the mystery box resolution is esotheric.

Incredible Member

At this point think of the dumbest thing possible and then go dumber

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    At this point think of the dumbest thing possible and then go dumber
    Okay… how’s this?

I just had a thought. The kids...could they be the physical manifestations of those marks of sacrifice that a Rabbi put on Peter and MJ?
    I tried to make it even dumber. Did it work?