Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    The power boost happens in Slott's run and we don't know how long it will last.
    If you're referring to Slott's upcoming Spider-Man 8, the solicits refer to Spider-Man but don't mention Peter Parker.
    I believe the power boost is for the new Spider-Man character that Slott is supposed to be introducing in the previous issue.

SPIDER-MAN (VOL 4) 8
    Spider-Man has changed.
    His powers are super-charged, enabling him to be the best Spider-Man he can be…but can his all-too-human body take it? A classic Spider-Villain is back and doesn’t care if Spidey has his hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I'm also going to assume Peter got out of the alternate dimension first and was trying to get back to MJ that's why he attack the Fantastic Four cause they have the means to get back to that place. which probably why Paul and MJ got close to one another for those 6 months.
    I agree with this, I feel like we can sort of piece together the flashback segment through the hints Wells has dropped so far.
    This won't be fully correct, but I expect the sequence of events to go something like this:

1. During the ending of Spider-Man: Beyond, Rabin magically sends Peter and Mary Jane to Xibalba as a sacrifice to the god Wayeb.
    2. In Xibalba, they meet Paul, who has been fighting the monsters that live there for some time. Paul is either a native of Xibalba or he was a previous sacrifice to Wayeb that managed to stay alive.
    3. Through some means, Peter is able to escape Xibalba but Mary Jane is left behind. Peter is desperate to rescue her.
    4. Peter goes to the Fantastic Four for help. Reed is unable to help Peter, so Peter steals tech from the Baxter Building. This leads to a fight with the FF which ends with Reed and Sue cutting ties with Peter.
    5. With limited options, Peter turns to Norman Osborn, who had recently been cleansed of his sins. Peter and Norman use the stolen FF tech to build two new suits: the Spider-Glider suit and the Gold Goblin suit.
    6. Through some means, Peter manages to return to Xibalba. To his shock, time flows differently in Xibalba - in the weeks Peter was back on Earth, many years had passed for Mary Jane and Paul in Xibalba.
    7. In Peter's absence, Paul and MJ had grown closer together. They got married and have two young children.
    8. Peter expects MJ to come back with him to Earth. MJ is unwilling to abandon her new family (ASM 9 - Mary Jane: it's about responsibility) so she brings them along with her.
    9. Peter is unable to cope with this so he begins to spiral. This initiates a sequence of events that leads to Peter kneeling in a giant crater outside York, Pennsylvania holding a Spider-Tracer.
    10. Six months later, Peter is an emotional wreck who is unemployed. He has resorted to periodically stalking Mary Jane's new family. ASM (Vol 5) 1 begins here.
    11. One year after that, Benjamin Rabin returns to New York, seemingly with the powers of Wayeb.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I agree with this, I feel like we can sort of piece together the flashback segment through the hints Wells has dropped so far.
    This won't be fully correct, but I expect the sequence of events to go something like this:

1. During the ending of Spider-Man: Beyond, Rabin magically sends Peter and Mary Jane to Xibalba as a sacrifice to the god Wayeb.
    2. In Xibalba, they meet Paul, who has been fighting the monsters that live there for some time. Paul is either a native of Xibalba or he was a previous sacrifice to Wayeb that managed to stay alive.
    3. Through some means, Peter is able to escape Xibalba but Mary Jane is left behind. Peter is desperate to rescue her.
    4. Peter goes to the Fantastic Four for help. Reed is unable to help Peter, so Peter steals tech from the Baxter Building. This leads to a fight with the FF which ends with Reed and Sue cutting ties with Peter.
    5. With limited options, Peter turns to Norman Osborn, who had recently been cleansed of his sins. Peter and Norman use the stolen FF tech to build two new suits: the Spider-Glider suit and the Gold Goblin suit.
    6. Through some means, Peter manages to return to Xibalba. To his shock, time flows differently in Xibalba - in the weeks Peter was back on Earth, many years had passed for Mary Jane and Paul in Xibalba.
    7. In Peter's absence, Paul and MJ had grown closer together. They got married and have two young children.
    8. Peter expects MJ to come back with him to Earth. MJ is unwilling to abandon her new family (ASM 9 - Mary Jane: it's about responsibility) so she brings them along with her.
    9. Peter is unable to cope with this so he begins to spiral. This initiates a sequence of events that leads to Peter kneeling in a giant crater outside York, Pennsylvania holding a Spider-Tracer.
    10. Six months later, Peter is an emotional wreck who is unemployed. He has resorted to periodically stalking Mary Jane's new family. ASM (Vol 5) 1 begins here.
    11. One year after that, Benjamin Rabin returns to New York, seemingly with the powers of Wayeb.
    Problem with that is they MJ and Paul don't seem like they're together out of love of havd shown that they are close. It looks more like they're together to protect the kids from Wyeb and also the underworld time doesn't flow. According to Wyeb his realm has no time.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Problem with that is they MJ and Paul don't seem like they're together out of love of havd shown that they are close. It looks more like they're together to protect the kids from Wyeb and also the underworld time doesn't flow. According to Wyeb his realm has no time.
    Peter is unemployed regardless of the time skip or not. Even if time doesnt move in MJ location her mindset might make her beleive shes been there long. Heck Peter said they were running for days so time is applied somehow
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Also, if they were...wouldn't that imply that, regardless of any time dilation shenanigans involved, that Mary Jane cheated on Peter with Paul? One would think that Marvel is smarter than to do or even imply something like that, especially in this day and age. Like you, I do not think they are together in any romantic sense.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-18-2023 at 07:55 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Also, if they were...wouldn't that imply that, regardless of any time dilation shenanigans involved, that Mary Jane cheated on Peter with Paul? One would think that Marvel is smarter than to do or even imply something like that, especially in this day and age. Like you, I do not think they are together in any romantic sense.
    To protect the kids which Norman has now put them in danger

To protect the kids which Norman has now put them in danger
    Yeah, I have a feeling that any protection Norman sends will end up leading Rabin straight to those kids. Which is probably Norman himself now that I think on it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Fantastic Member

The problem is that when Paul goes to talk to Peter and is talking to MJ he said “Love you too” to what I expect was an “I love you from MJ and then we have ASM 19, that was Kelly but we know that Wells left some notes to him.
    I don’t think MJ loves Paul as much as Peter but to say she don’t feel anything from him is not true IMO

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    The problem is that when Paul goes to talk to Peter and is talking to MJ he said “Love you too” to what I expect was an “I love you from MJ and then we have ASM 19, that was Kelly but we know that Wells left some notes to him.
    I don’t think MJ loves Paul as much as Peter but to say she don’t feel anything from him is not true IMO
    But the story elements seemed to have changed as well. Look at the kids the name changed and boy looks like a mini Peter

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    Considering we never heard her side of the conversation because Wells will use any excuse he can not to write MJ, she could have made a sarcastic remark to which sarcastically he replied "Love you, too" as a comeback. And as for Kelly's issues...frankly, I have doubts of these alleged notes being anything more than "This is Paul. We like him." Also, if she did love him then why does she never once mention him over in the Mary Jane and Black Cat mini series? All she ever talks about is getting back to the kids, not getting back to "Paul and the kids."

Spectacular Member

Feels like the Invincible “Reboot” storyline. Thankfully, Kirkman spared us from having to see the actual relationship between Eve and Kubian, just the aftermath. Paul’s role is obviously much larger than the blue alien’s was though…

Quote Originally Posted by logo449 View Post
    Feels like the Invincible “Reboot” storyline. Thankfully, Kirkman spared us from having to see the actual relationship between Eve and Kubian, just the aftermath. Paul’s role is obviously much larger than the blue alien’s was though…
    Paul is Lars Fillmore

Paul is Lars Fillmore
    I am thinking that might be the case but...and this sounds totally stupid but...what If Paul is actually Peter and Mary Jane's son from the future?

I am thinking that might be the case but...and this sounds totally stupid but...what If Paul is actually Peter and Mary Jane's son from the future?
    Dude no . Just stop

Dude no . Just stop
    Like I said, stupid, right? All I do know...is that this mystery is stupid.