Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I like Wade, but I honestly would've replaced him with a more pure Avengers character like Wasp or Wonder Man.
    Has Rogue absorbed TK from someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Wade, but I honestly would've replaced him with a more pure Avengers character like Wasp or Wonder Man.

The green glow is giving Polaris vibes. Maybe she's doing power recall here?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Duggan confirmed she's using Polaris's powers here. He mentioned it was just a little kiss on the cheek. No power upgrades for Rogue.

Also, we already had a sense of this, but the Gala comes out 7/26 and this comes out 8/16 which p much confirms the August start date for Fall of X. Makes sense because we knew most books had pre-Gala issues coming in July so the Gala was likely the end of that month.

Agreed. My choice would have been Wasp or Monica, or even someone more unexpected like Songbird or Lightning.

I feel like Wade is sort of tonally dissonant with what this team is going for in terms of projecting unity. He's a wanted assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Also, we already had a sense of this, but the Gala comes out 7/26 and this comes out 8/16 which p much confirms the August start date for Fall of X. Makes sense because we knew most books had pre-Gala issues coming in July so the Gala was likely the end of that month.
    Awesome, I'm a nerd for dates so thank you!

Agreed. My choice would have been Wasp or Monica, or even someone more unexpected like Songbird or Lightning.

I feel like Wade is sort of tonally dissonant with what this team is going for in terms of projecting unity. He's a wanted assassin.
    Exactly! I mean even right now isn't he currently trying to join an elite assassin organization in his solo book? That is not the kind of behavior you'd probably want getting out about one of your unity squad members. I like Deadpool well enough but he doesn't fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Duggan confirmed she's using Polaris's powers here. He mentioned it was just a little kiss on the cheek. No power upgrades for Rogue.
    Can't wait !

Actually I'm surprised Polaris isn't on this team.

It also feels like Wade is just here because Duggan wanted to write him again which...I kind of get, but still.

Can't wait !

Actually I'm surprised Polaris isn't on this team.

It also feels like Wade is just here because Duggan wanted to write him again which...I kind of get, but still.
    I just noticed that the Marvel.com announcement of the book says "Marvel’s new unity squad will include Captain America, Rogue, Deadpool, Quicksilver, Psylocke, and Penance." So I think there's a chance this isn't the full roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I just noticed that the Marvel.com announcement of the book says "Marvel’s new unity squad will include Captain America, Rogue, Deadpool, Quicksilver, Psylocke, and Penance." So I think there's a chance this isn't the full roster.
    It would be nice to have a small 6-person roster though -- much more manageable for a team book. 7 I really think should be the limit unless your book is similar to X-Men Red where there's a large cast with some clear leads.

It would be nice to have a small 6-person roster though -- much more manageable for a team book. 7 I really think should be the limit unless your book is similar to X-Men Red where there's a large cast with some clear leads.
    Another character would also throw off the gender balance (though having more women than men isn't the worst thing...).

The green glow is giving Polaris vibes. Maybe she's doing power recall here?
    And she's lifting the metal bits.
    She's lifting him by his shield. And the goons by their suit bits.

Yeah I prefer the smaller roster as well. Gives everyone plenty of space to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Duggan's run on Deadpool was one of the better runs. But given the serious cast balancing issues he's been having, I can't help but be wary about his place on the team. I can see him stealing a lot of attention away with jokes or gags.
    Yeah that's exactly what Im worried about. Deadpool is clearly a comfort character for Duggan. It doesn't make any sense for him to be here otherwise. Couple that with Duggans shown weakness of having clear favorites and not giving everyone of his team the necessary page time and development and there is reason to worry.

Im only interested in Kwannon and a bit in Quicksilver here. Zeb Wells has set the bar very high when it comes to Kwannon and I think everyone can agree with that. I don't think Duggan can reach that level. But I will still give this a shot but if Duggan isn't bringing his A-game and pages are flooded with silly Deadpool antics then Im definitely out.
    "This is me being reasonable"

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/17/x-...-men-iron-man/

X-Men Monday Call for Questions: Gerry Duggan for ‘X-Men’ and ‘Invincible Iron Man’

X-Men, Invincible Iron Man, and now Uncanny Avengers?! Writer Gerry Duggan’s a very busy man. But Gerry has just enough free time to answer your X-Men Monday questions about Marvel’s merry mutants and Tony Stark as they all head toward the Fall of X!

Accepting Questions About: X-Men, Invincible Iron Man, Uncanny Avengers

Deadline: Sunday, March 19 @ 5 PM EST