Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm going to jump on an old bandwagon of mine and continue to beat that horse, but this would have been a great place to bring Ultragirl out again. She was technically an Avenger as a part of the Initiative. She is a mutant (kree). She would have been a great person to bring in, plus her spunky personality could have been great fun to play off some of the others.

and she could have replaced Deadpool.
    Cosigned. She has way too much potential to be sitting forever in comic book limbo.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'd rather see her in the same book as Carol - Ultra Girl is an old protégé of hers (back when Carol was still Ms. Marvel), and Carol's been revealed to be half-Kree herself since Suzy last appeared. Adding her to Carol's supporting cast would also give Hazmat someone her own age to interact with. It would also be interesting to see what Kamala makes of her, as she's a more standardised legacy than Kamala herself is (having the same powers).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-19-2023 at 05:29 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm going to jump on an old bandwagon of mine and continue to beat that horse, but this would have been a great place to bring Ultragirl out again. She was technically an Avenger as a part of the Initiative. She is a mutant (kree). She would have been a great person to bring in, plus her spunky personality could have been great fun to play off some of the others.

and she could have replaced Deadpool.
    I'm for her becoming Ultra Woman and taking back Carol's costume - but in orange and green.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm for her becoming Ultra Woman and taking back Carol's costume - but in orange and green.
    Moonstone isn't even using the costume any more is she? So Suzy just needs to start using it. However, I am not a fan of the orange and green combination, maybe green and white? Orange and white?

Astonishing Member

Orange and blue are a nice combo.

Gotta say....I'm not thrilled with the roster.

Steve and Quicksilver are great, I expected both on this team since Wanda and Sam are on the main Avengers.

Rogue is wonderful, always loved that character.

Deadpool? Why?

Psylocke is....fine, I suppose? I feel like there were better options but I got nothing against her.

And I've been out of the X-Men orbit for a long while; I don't even know who the spiky chick is, or the guy with the green helmet.

But after seeing the core Avengers roster, full of major characters with deep histories, I was hoping to see more of the same here and I feel like we didn't quite get that. With the other group doing a fair impression of the Justice League's "Big 7" I figured this book would have characters like Jean Gray, Colossus, Wasp, Ant-Man, etc.

Was really hoping to be reading both this and the main Avengers title, but I think I'm probably gonna pass on this one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Moonstone isn't even using the costume any more is she? So Suzy just needs to start using it. However, I am not a fan of the orange and green combination, maybe green and white? Orange and white?
    And, why should Suzy wear a soiled hand-me-down again?

I think the logic was that she's part-Kree and should be wearing their emblem? But if you think about it, she's a Kree hero who doesn't use a Marvel name like Carol and the Vells did. She's a lot like DC's Power Girl in that respect - a Kryptonian hero who doesn't wear the Superman S usually (though she does on her current costume) and doesn't use a Super name. As such, she probably shouldn't wear the Hala star.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Deadpool? Why?

Psylocke is....fine, I suppose? I feel like there were better options but I got nothing against her.

And I've been out of the X-Men orbit for a long while; I don't even know who the spiky chick is, or the guy with the green helmet.
    Spiky chick is Penance, Monet St Croix, who has also used the codename M.

Green helmet guy is Captain Krakoa. Last time he appeared it was actually Cyclops in disguise, he took a new identity briefly after being witnessed being killed, to hide the existence of the resurrection protocols. He ditched the disguise when the Protocols became public knowledge recently.

Also, if you're out of the loop, I guess you also don't know that Psylocke isn't Betsy Braddock any more. Betsy got her English body back and is now Captain Britain, and Psylocke is now Kwannon, the Japanese lady whose body she'd previously been using.

Duggan used to write Deadpool's solo and also used him in his previous Uncanny Avengers run.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-20-2023 at 10:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think the logic was that she's part-Kree and should be wearing their emblem? But if you think about it, she's a Kree hero who doesn't use a Marvel name like Carol and the Vells did. She's a lot like DC's Power Girl in that respect - a Kryptonian hero who doesn't wear the Superman S usually (though she does on her current costume) and doesn't use a Super name. As such, she probably shouldn't wear the Hala star.

Spiky chick is Penance, Monet St Croix, who has also used the codename M.

Green helmet guy is Captain Krakoa. Last time he appeared it was actually Cyclops in disguise, he took a new identity briefly after being witnessed being killed, to hide the existence of the resurrection protocols. He ditched the disguise when the Protocols became public knowledge recently.

Also, if you're out of the loop, I guess you also don't know that Psylocke isn't Betsy Braddock any more. Betsy got her English body back and is now Captain Britain, and Psylocke is now Kwannon, the Japanese lady whose body she'd previously been using.

Duggan used to write Deadpool's solo and also used him in his previous Uncanny Avengers run.
    I’m not up to date on monet; is she penance full time now?

No, she can switch back and forth like Arch(Angel) can.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd rather see her in the same book as Carol - Ultra Girl is an old protégé of hers (back when Carol was still Ms. Marvel), and Carol's been revealed to be half-Kree herself since Suzy last appeared. Adding her to Carol's supporting cast would also give Hazmat someone her own age to interact with. It would also be interesting to see what Kamala makes of her, as she's a more standardised legacy than Kamala herself is (having the same powers).
    That would actually make a lot of sense, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I wonder if Firestar was considered for this book at all, though I think she's still on the main X-Men team? It's a good idea, though I would like to also see more mutants that haven't really been part of the avengers before.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I wonder if Firestar was considered for this book at all, though I think she's still on the main X-Men team? It's a good idea, though I would like to also see more mutants that haven't really been part of the avengers before.
    Yeah, she's still on the main X-Men team. I think there were some indications she still had a big storyline going on over there.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she's still on the main X-Men team. I think there were some indications she still had a big storyline going on over there.
    She was supposed to be the eyes and ears for the Avengers, specifically Tony, but the book’s been in traction, going from one event to the other. The last two issues surrounding the Brood have been the best two issues for this new team thus far.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

For me, the Uncanny Avengers was always a team consisting of classic Avengers and X-Men characters, of the 60s-early 90s eras.
    A team of seasoned veterans of both franchise teams.