Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Lol marvel really announced a avengers book at the x-men event that is supposed to celebrate the x-men’s 60th anniversary

Never saw the need for such a book. There were always mutants in the Avengers, without making this such a big deal, and, I have to say, I've enjoyed few storylines of it. Always hated the Secret, New, Uncanny, etc... Avengers teams trend. IMHO, it dilutes the propriety. (Have to say I always felt the same about various teams sporting the name X-Men.) I guess since Falc Cap (another thing I don't enjoy much. There should be only one Captain America, one Spider-Man, one Hulk, etc... And I've always loved Sam as Falcon) is in Avengers, Steve need a book in which he could appear as an Avenger. Anyway, I think I'll stick to the main book, which I'll admit I'm mildly excited for, and skip this.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wouldn’t mind Crystal rejoining the book. Team needs some heavy firepower. Plus you’ve got Quicksilver there, and that situation that’s just ripe for the drama.
    That would make it more interesting than the current lineup. I'd expect a better mix, but I guess this is Avengers in name only -- aside from Cap -- whom is rarely interesting to me.

I loved the first version UA, Wanda/Rogue dynamics. Such a cool storyline of stories back then.
    Not so much any later versions.

Crystal and Quicksilver dynamics would be interesting if she joined, but I're prefer she move on, or back possibly (Torch).

Although all of the FF have served as Avengers, you don't see most of them very often in teams like this. Why not?

UA with Crystal - Pietro - Torch, plus others. Now that would be interesting to me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Oh, I guess now we're back to it being okay to have multiple Avengers teams again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    While I alike the addition of Psylocke, I feel her time as an assassin makes her not quite Avengers material. Same with Deadpool, but I don’t like him at all lol.
    I feel like the Avengers has a pretty grand tradition of reformed assassins (Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc.). However, Deadpool is pretty weird for this roster as he isn't reformed, he's actively an assassin.

Astonishing Member

I'm liking the lineup sans Deadpool but why are they giving Quicksilver his ugly old color scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I feel like the Avengers has a pretty grand tradition of reformed assassins (Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc.). However, Deadpool is pretty weird for this roster as he isn't reformed, he's actively an assassin.
    When he joined, Hawkeye was a suspected thief, and a suspected colaborator with a foreign power, not, as far as I recall, an assassin (that was a Ultimates and a MCU addition). Widow was also a foreign spy (which, I'll grant, probably also meant an assassin. Let's not be naive), and SW and Quicksilver were suspects of terrorism, though I don't think it's been proved that they killed anyone during that time (I think it was even one of Tony Stark's argument for their joining the team). With soldiers, arms manufacturers, mediavel knights and ancient gods, the Avengers have plenty of member capable of and who HAVE killed before, some, quite often. All that, however, is different from being unrepent killers, or, even worse, assassins, who kill for money or as a profession. That's why I've always been against the likes of Deadpool, Wolverine and the Punisher as Avengers. In my previous post, I didn't get into the team's membership, but I have to say I don't find it very exciting, nor that it makes much sense.

Peace

Duggan's previous run on the title was fun, so I am pretty excited for this and to be honest were wishing that he would be writing a team of Avengers again. The roster is okay I suppose. Monet is a good addition and Duggan is the best Deadpool writer like ever. But I wish the team would include Johnny again.

Mighty Member

Excited for this, have evert issue of Uncanny Avengers so far, so I'll be adding to that series.

Extraordinary Member

The original Uncanny Avengers was almost completely an Avengers book -- it was edited out of the Avengers office, the cast was mostly veteran Avengers, and they even used the Avengers mansion.

From the description, the cast and who made the announcement, I'm assuming this is the inverse of that, an X-book about the Avengers Unity Squad.

But what really strikes me is that cover. If you told me it was a 1990s cover I'd believe you. That's not a criticism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The original Uncanny Avengers was almost completely an Avengers book -- it was edited out of the Avengers office, the cast was mostly veteran Avengers, and they even used the Avengers mansion.

From the description, the cast and who made the announcement, I'm assuming this is the inverse of that, an X-book about the Avengers Unity Squad.

But what really strikes me is that cover. If you told me it was a 1990s cover I'd believe you. That's not a criticism.
    Need to explain how it was an Avengers book, when I am sure it was a 50/50 split.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    But as I put she is more in the Avengers corner. She was created for an Avengers book, and didn't live in any of the Inhuman Kingdoms.
    While she was created in an Avengers book, she was clearly created to cater to the Inhuman push that Marvel had been doing at that time. She wasn’t created to be an Avenger who happened to be Inhuman but rather the token Inhuman on the Avengers. Since that Inhuman push basically failed, I don’t think we’ll see her again just like most of the Nuhumans beyond Kamala and Lunella.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Not to mention Duggan is primarily an X-Side guy now. Even his Iron Man is getting involved in the current Krakoa vs Orchis storyline.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm liking the lineup sans Deadpool but why are they giving Quicksilver his ugly old color scheme?
    Agreed. I’d much prefer to see him in this look.
    4BFAD77D-3921-4898-9372-2A1A7CB1A0DC.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com