Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if this team’s gonna use the Mansion or maybe the West Coast compound, which is a criminally underrated Avengers headquarters.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Need to explain how it was an Avengers book, when I am sure it was a 50/50 split.
    Well, especially once Wasp and Wonder Man join in issue #5, the book is heavily weighted toward longtime Avengers members. Wolverine had been an Avenger for almost a decade already, so the only true X-Men "crossover" characters were Rogue and Havok, and then Sunfire when he joined.

It might have been different if they had been able to get more prominent X-characters to do double duty on the Unity Squad (instead of using characters that the X-office wasn't using at the same time), but especially with the mansion as headquarters, and with the Avengers editor in charge, it felt like a standard Avengers lineup with a couple more mutants than usual.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, especially once Wasp and Wonder Man join in issue #5, the book is heavily weighted toward longtime Avengers members. Wolverine had been an Avenger for almost a decade already, so the only true X-Men "crossover" characters were Rogue and Havok, and then Sunfire when he joined.

It might have been different if they had been able to get more prominent X-characters to do double duty on the Unity Squad (instead of using characters that the X-office wasn't using at the same time), but especially with the mansion as headquarters, and with the Avengers editor in charge, it felt like a standard Avengers lineup with a couple more mutants than usual.
    While also an Avenger Wolverine was still used quite a bit in the X-books but ya they should have had either Wonderman or Wasp to go along with Sunfire. I would say Wasp.

At least Pietro looks like himself instead of a whole different character in the Scarlet Witch book..

Could Captain Krakoa be Havok? They never did resolve his inversion plot line, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    At least Pietro looks like himself instead of a whole different character in the Scarlet Witch book..

Could Captain Krakoa be Havok? They never did resolve his inversion plot line, did they?
    Huh? How so? Other than giving the twins some features that are reminiscent of their Romani heritage, they look the same to me.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Huh? How so? Other than giving the twins some features that are reminiscent of their Romani heritage, they look the same to me.
    I don't know about the other poster's reasons, but I agree about Quicksilver not looking like himself in the Scarlet Witch book. He looked too young and his features were too delicate looking compared to how he looks most of the time. I genuinely thought it was Speed(Tommy) in a new costume when first saw the first page with him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I don't know about the other poster's reasons, but I agree about Quicksilver not looking like himself in the Scarlet Witch book. He looked too young and his features were too delicate looking compared to how he looks most of the time. I genuinely thought it was Speed(Tommy) in a new costume when first saw the first page with him on it.
    Young? Maybe, but he still looks like Pietro to me.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if this team’s gonna use the Mansion or maybe the West Coast compound, which is a criminally underrated Avengers headquarters.
    The mansion's always just waiting there for someone to use it...

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    They keep de-aging the twins. It's quite odd, because I don't think they need to do that. Especially with younger heroes around.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, I guess now we're back to it being okay to have multiple Avengers teams again.
    Well, other than Savage Avengers. I bet there'll be a third one too in addition to the core book and Uncanny. Wasp's current mini had her establish a bar, which she intends to double as an Avengers HQ. And she's on neither of the announced teams. Will Al Ewing be back on the tertiary Avengers book as he was in the Hickman and Waid eras (the same two eras that Uncanny was published in)?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, I’m just not sure if that’s where the main team will be, or not. I’m also wondering if they might use the X-Mansion, or the Tree House, with so many mutants on the new squad. Which could be…interesting with the flagship team still living there.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Has the mansion been rebuilt?

Yes. It's easy to be confused though. You see, it was destroyed in Uncanny Avengers' last volume, but was rebuilt in Zub's brief run at the end of that volume, only to be destroyed again in No Surrender. It was rebuilt again at the end of that series, but Aaron's Avengers used a different HQ, so it was unused for a while. Jarvis seems to still live there - he used it to host meetings with groups of people who are connected to superheroes (such as Ganke Lee and Mary Jane).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes. It's easy to be confused though. You see, it was destroyed in Uncanny Avengers' last volume, but was rebuilt in Zub's brief run at the end of that volume, only to be destroyed again in No Surrender. It was rebuilt again at the end of that series, but Aaron's Avengers used a different HQ, so it was unused for a while. Jarvis seems to still live there - he used it to host meetings with groups of people who are connected to superheroes (such as Ganke Lee and Mary Jane).
    The Lookups, introduced in Nick Spencer's Amazing Spider-Man #9-10.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm going to jump on an old bandwagon of mine and continue to beat that horse, but this would have been a great place to bring Ultragirl out again. She was technically an Avenger as a part of the Initiative. She is a mutant (kree). She would have been a great person to bring in, plus her spunky personality could have been great fun to play off some of the others.

and she could have replaced Deadpool.