Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be interesting. It'd be worth it for seeing how DeMatteis could square the Harry Osborn that died a penitent death in his best friend's arms after saving his life one last time with the Harry Osborn that created robotic simulacra of Peter's parents to be unleashed by the Chameleon for the purpose of posthumously tormenting Peter even more and pushing him toward a total mental breakdown.
    Not to mention all the weird A.I./clone/Stacy Twins stuff that Spencer introduced... if that even gets addressed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Not to mention all the weird A.I./clone/Stacy Twins stuff that Spencer introduced... if that even gets addressed.
    Oh, yeah, though the Harry AI is a convenient out, since it was created before Harry's death and wouldn't have had his character development in Spectacular 200.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be interesting. It'd be worth it for seeing how DeMatteis could square the Harry Osborn that died a penitent death in his best friend's arms after saving his life one last time with the Harry Osborn that created robotic simulacra of Peter's parents to be unleashed by the Chameleon for the purpose of posthumously tormenting Peter even more and pushing him toward a total mental breakdown.
    That's kinda hard to make it work since Harry back then acted because he thought Norman was dead, and then Spencer's run retcons that Harry always expected Norman to come back, somehow...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

This looks grear. It is such a blessing to have JMD writing a married Spider-Man story in this day being published by Marvel. A small ray of light in the darkness. I ordered the trade and certainly hope we can get more like this since it is not possible in ASM.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 03-24-2023 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's kinda hard to make it work since Harry back then acted because he thought Norman was dead, and then Spencer's run retcons that Harry always expected Norman to come back, somehow...
    Good point you raise there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This looks grear. It is such a blessing to have JMD writing a married Spider-Man story in this day being published by Marvel. A small ray of light in the darkness. I ordered the trade and certainly hope we can get more like this since it is not possible in ASM.
    I still hold out some hope. The current editorial regime won't last forever or indefinitely.

A Ben book, then a Peter book... It would be only logical for Kaine to be next. And very welcome, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    A Ben book, then a Peter book... It would be only logical for Kaine to be next. And very welcome, too.
    After all this time, yeah.

Extraordinary Member

So...did this series basically tell us that the Calypso Serum did not make Kraven crazy but exacerbated is already messed up mental state? And if so what would happen to someone who was mentally stable getting a dose of it??
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So...did this series basically tell us that the Calypso Serum did not make Kraven crazy but exacerbated is already messed up mental state? And if so what would happen to someone who was mentally stable getting a dose of it??
    It would exacerbate their stable state? *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It's kind of like what happened with Steve Rogers/Captain America and Johann Schmidt/Red Skull in Captain America: The First Avenger, where it was the same Super-Soldier Serum they both took, but because Schmidt/Red Skull was such a horrible person even before getting his prototype dose, the serum amplified that and made it more visible by twisting his face into a literal death's head, i.e. a skull, colored red for all the blood he'd shed.