Default D23 Hosting The Hellfire Gala At San Diego Comic Con!

https://sdccblog.com/2023/03/d23-to-...ZLaDayiz-yRuUI

Marvel and D23: The Official Disney Fan Club have just announced the first D23 event for this year’s San Diego Comic-Con — the Hellfire Gala.

They’ll be bringing the living island of Krakoa to life for an event that will also celebrate the 60th anniversary of X-Men. Attendees will “get the chance to strike a pose, and enter an extraordinary event filled with fashion, fun, and forces to be reckoned with”.

The event is set for Saturday, July 22 (so long as D23’s superpowers include actually announcing the correct date/time this year). The event will only be available to Gold Members of D23, which you can sign up for now.

Additional details, like location and exact time, are still TBA.

I'll be at San Diego Comic Con this summer. I'm going to get a gold membership so I can go to the Gala!
    Mutant and Proud!

You should cosplay Hellion while you're there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    https://sdccblog.com/2023/03/d23-to-...ZLaDayiz-yRuUI

Marvel and D23: The Official Disney Fan Club have just announced the first D23 event for this year’s San Diego Comic-Con — the Hellfire Gala.

They’ll be bringing the living island of Krakoa to life for an event that will also celebrate the 60th anniversary of X-Men. Attendees will “get the chance to strike a pose, and enter an extraordinary event filled with fashion, fun, and forces to be reckoned with”.

The event is set for Saturday, July 22 (so long as D23’s superpowers include actually announcing the correct date/time this year). The event will only be available to Gold Members of D23, which you can sign up for now.

Additional details, like location and exact time, are still TBA.

I'll be at San Diego Comic Con this summer. I'm going to get a gold membership so I can go to the Gala!
    Sweet, GT! That'd be so cool for you to rock the red carpet giving mutant realness. It's a really fun idea that they're doing this and I'm so curious what the setting is going to look like. It'll be a blast.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm a High School Assistant Principal. My school's Senior Prom theme is "Met Gala." So, I'll make sure my prom outfit can be altered for Comic-Con. (I don't wanna be too flashy and upstage my students. LOL!)
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I'm a High School Assistant Principal. My school's Senior Prom theme is "Met Gala." So, I'll make sure my prom outfit can be altered for Comic-Con. (I don't wanna be too flashy and upstage my students. LOL!)
    I love that your school's prom theme is "Met Gala". That's so fun! Fingers crossed that we get to see some pics.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Somehow i doubt any of this will actual boost the sales of the comics.

Infact i wouldn't be suprised if the number of people interested in seeing and discussing the oddball fashion is 3x larger than the amount of people actualy buying and reading the comics featuring them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Somehow i doubt any of this will actual boost the sales of the comics.

Infact i wouldn't be suprised if the number of people interested in seeing and discussing the oddball fashion is 3x larger than the amount of people actualy buying and reading the comics featuring them.
    Driving people to comics is what it is and this ain't worse than doing nothing.

The Hellfire galas will continue !!!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I adore this idea. Very happy to see the X-Men star in a high-profile event like this and can't wait to see all the photos!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think people aren't realizing this is almost definitely just a cosplay contest

Man, an X-Men themed shebang for Comic-Con...

This sure isn't the Inhuman M-pox days anymore

#PaxKrakoa!