Extraordinary Member

Default Gambit and Grey Grow (Scalphunter)

We know at one point Remy and Grey Crow were good friends, who even worked as cooks at a restaurant together.
    We also know that later on Gambit was contracted by Mr Sinister to form the Marauders, consisting of Gambit’s old enemy Sabretooth but also led by Remy’s old friend Grey Crow. Turns out Grey Crow worked for Sinister before back in the old days.

Now sincce Grey Crow has reformed, has Remy and he ever talked about this?
    Have they had panel time together?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We know at one point Remy and Grey Crow were good friends, who even worked as cooks at a restaurant together.
    We also know that later on Gambit was contracted by Mr Sinister to form the Marauders, consisting of Gambit’s old enemy Sabretooth but also led by Remy’s old friend Grey Crow. Turns out Grey Crow worked for Sinister before back in the old days.

Now sincce Grey Crow has reformed, has Remy and he ever talked about this?
    Have they had panel time together?
    They haven't in recent times and I think that would be great to see!

I know they had a discussion in one of Gambit's solos, but I'm blanking on which one.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    They haven't in recent times and I think that would be great to see!

I know they had a discussion in one of Gambit's solos, but I'm blanking on which one.
    I know, right?! I only remember their interactions during "The Shattering" (Gambit #8; Gambit #9)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-20-2023 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

This would be a pretty cool deep cut for someone to pick up. Has enough water passed under the bridge from Gambit's shameful past with the Marauders? Is Greycrow a better person now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    This would be a pretty cool deep cut for someone to pick up. Has enough water passed under the bridge from Gambit's shameful past with the Marauders? Is Greycrow a better person now?
    It really makes me feel nostalgic for the HoX/PoX kickoff era. This is exactly the type of character interactions that should be played up in the X-books. The X-Men have a long, deep and complicated history and riders should be mining the hell out of that to tell new stories, especially since the Krakoan era has helped to bring all these characters in the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I only remember their interactions during "The Shattering" (Gambit #8; Gambit #9)

Aha! YES!!! Thanks!

THIS right here is such a huge deep cut, but considering how poorly the current crop of writers know Gambit and his number of solo series, I'm sure this connection is lost on them.

Krakoa started with paying off many deep cuts but it seemed to focus in particular eras and characters of preference,. It hasn't satisfied for me these many lingering connections and festering resentments between the hero and villain sides of the mutant population.

There was an excellent fan comic short where Gambit offers several Morlocks to take turns at killing him for their own catharsis and a way to make amends since he can be resurrected. Very disturbing and yet so smart ... I'm mad that Marvel writers haven't done anything more like this with the Morlocks and Sinister or the Mauraders.

Fantastic Member

I would love to see backstories for every member of the Marauders team since Gambit never had mortal enemies (Wolverines has lots).

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I would love to see backstories for every member of the Marauders team since Gambit never had mortal enemies (Wolverines has lots).
    I know, right?! IIRC, one of the few recommendations that's out there would be...

X-Men Origins: Gambit

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-20-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Fantastic Member

I know, right?! IIRC, one of the few recommendations that's out there would be...

I saw that, it is just a glimpse of their backstories, I want a focused story for each of one them so that they will know them better, only GreyCrow has managed to have that spotlight.

I agree, it is actually a storyline worth telling. Gambit has basically helped to doom all of these characters to become literally flesh for Sinister's experiments. After the Morlock massacre they probably deserve their destiny but it was still Gambit's doing bringing these characters to Sinister.

Fantastic Member

after seeing the stories above, I think it might possible that Gambit is also the reason Marauders are forever clones, the Morlock's case is not just one mission, Sinister use that to clone them.